What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

darcy

Juniors
LOL Religion

Australian footy could do with a good dose of religion! ...Christian religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3gCw5mm7c

Hayley Westenra sings "Abide With Me" at the final of the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final - Wembley Stadium London - 29 August 2009, with the Black Dyke Brass Band & The ACM Gospel Choir. Broadcast by BBC1 TV,

#####

Is that "Unleash Morley" in the line in the dressing room?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BjXCxZjBw

soccer fan cries to Abide With Me by Katherine Jenkins 2004 FA Cup YouTube.

#####

Love those Christian girls!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just because he's found guilty doesn't mean he's actually guilty.
There are likely innocent people in prison, and innocent people being charged and put on trial.
"Victims" seem basically believed without question these days.

Some victims have been found to be genuine, while others have not.
Courts need to be very careful.

In America there are likely even innocent people on death row awaiting execution-slaughter by the state. Many innocent people have been released from death row over the years.
"Cops", "prosecutors", "courts"...baaah!

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Time and time again we shame women who come forward regarding domestic violence issues as "liars" and "attention seekers" - then when they don't do it, its like "why didn't they".

Regardless, its not looking good for him. She has dates and times, with 10 allegations, I doubt she would come forward with fickle evidence.

Innocent until proven guilty, yes, the well wishes, no.

Not for us to decide, or the courts of America.

Even if your relationship is volatile as feck, be a good guy and these allegations would not exist.

Last edited:
She has dates and times, with 10 allegations, I doubt she would come forward with fickle evidence.

We don't know whether it is fickle or not. That is why it is stupid for any of us to speculate as we just don't know. We need to just let it play itself out now in the legal system as that is where it is.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Australian footy could do with a good dose of religion! ...Christian religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3gCw5mm7c

Hayley Westenra sings "Abide With Me" at the final of the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final - Wembley Stadium London - 29 August 2009, with the Black Dyke Brass Band & The ACM Gospel Choir. Broadcast by BBC1 TV,

#####

Is that "Unleash Morley" in the line in the dressing room?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BjXCxZjBw

soccer fan cries to Abide With Me by Katherine Jenkins 2004 FA Cup YouTube.

#####

Love those Christian girls!

:lol:

gotta be a joke account

redvscotty

First Grade
Time and time again we shame women who come forward regarding domestic violence issues as "liars" and "attention seekers" - then when they don't do it, its like "why didn't they".

Regardless, its not looking good for him. She has dates and times, with 10 allegations, I doubt she would come forward with fickle evidence.

Even if your relationship is volatile as feck, be a good guy and these allegations would not exist.

The bolded is just plain false. Both women AND men are complex creatures and are capable of doing some seriously f**ked up things to people they feel they've been cruelled by.

Hope SKD gets the help he needs and hope she does too.

Also hope the religious shit in this thread f**ks off to 4C.

firechild

First Grade

It is truly a good thing that so many people have never come across someone so batshit crazy that they still believe the above to be true.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
But again false accusations in general seem to be pretty low. I think humans are mostly decent. Now it's true that SKD is just as likely as anyone to be involved in a false accusation. Just that it's rare.

darcy

Juniors

Anyone can write down dates and times, and allege anything.
That's not evidence, in my book.
In my book evidence would be if she'd gone straight to the police
when allegedly assaulted [with bodily harm]...last October!
If innocent, how is he ever going to be able to prove it?
Think you're right, he's basically stuffed.

Relationship as volatile as feck? ...what, like both parties screaming and yelling abuse and pushing and shoving? That sort of thing?
Being a 'good guy' won't save you.

The only guaranteed thing that will save a man from being in a mental hospital then having to face domestic violence charges in a court is; Staying right away from women altogether.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
See its ludicrous buffoons like Darcy who give sensible men's issues advocates a bad name. He is no different to extreme feminists plotting a world without men. Enjoy a lonely paranoid existence

firechild

First Grade
But again false accusations in general seem to be pretty low. I think humans are mostly decent. Now it's true that SKD is just as likely as anyone to be involved in a false accusation. Just that it's rare.

Couldn't agree more. False allegations are relatively uncommon (though speaking to people involved in family law, it's an arena where it is much more common, partly due to the stakes [children and money], partly due to high emotional stress, partly due to vindictiveness) but they certainly do occur. Perhaps the uncommonness leads the average person to believe that it basically never happens and therefore allegations should be treated as facts.

darcy

Juniors

I used to believe that once...but I stopped believing it long ago.
Why?
Because I saw way too many humans in action who were not decent.

darcy

Juniors
Couldn't agree more. False allegations are relatively uncommon (though speaking to people involved in family law, it's an arena where it is much more common, partly due to the stakes [children and money], partly due to high emotional stress, partly due to vindictiveness) but they certainly do occur. Perhaps the uncommonness leads the average person to believe that it basically never happens and therefore allegations should be treated as facts.

Amen.

Exactly.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There are a few reasons for this in my uneducated opinion firechild. People tend to take the police charging someone as an indication of guilt because they trust the police a lot.

Also there is a crazy belief that there must be fire where there is smoke.

I'd have thought we would have all learnt a lesson after the Brett Stewart thing to show restraint. For both sides. The crazy thing is that I support SKD absolutely and feel that he should play up to the justice system finds him guilty (obviously he may be found not guilty) and he should be able to continue playing rugby league after his sentence is served but there is so much guff being posted I have to call it out.

darcy

Juniors
See its ludicrous buffoons like Darcy who give sensible men's issues advocates a bad name. He is no different to extreme feminists plotting a world without men. Enjoy a lonely paranoid existence

Perhaps you'd like to suggest another guaranteed way.

Last edited:

Winchester

Juniors
this is all terribly sad. Even though i am a dragons supporter and don't rate this player at all, it is incredibly sad

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The bolded is just plain false. Both women AND men are complex creatures and are capable of doing some seriously f**ked up things to people they feel they've been cruelled by.

I agree, I never said that women weren't capable of such abuse.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Perhaps you'd like to suggest another guaranteed way.

You aren't guaranteed safety in life. You might be hit by a bus tomorrow and all your fear of women is for naught. I think I'll stick with forming meaningful relationships with the opposite gender instead of living like a paranoid lunatic out of fear I might be accused of a crime I didn't commit.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
you aren't guaranteed safety in life. You might be hit by a bus tomorrow and all your fear of women is for naught. i think i'll stick with forming meaningful relationships with the opposite gender instead of living like a paranoid lunatic out of fear i might be accused of a crime i didn't commit.

yes.

darcy

Juniors

Guess I'll be waiting a long time to see Hayley Westenra singing "Abide With Me" at an NRL match.

That's the trouble with this country today, it's almost lost its Christian soul.

Latest posts