What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

darcy

Juniors
When you have no evidence of something occurring, then the only logical opinion to have it did not occur.

The victim has made unfounded claims of abuse in the past, so that is why some posters probably feel that way. If these charges were laid against Lui, or Auva, or Inglis, guys with form in this department, then I'm sure those posters would probably be siding with the victim instead.

The radio news today, and tv news tonite, basically stated that a truckload of groups are calling for SKD, if found guilty of the charges, to be banned from the NRL for life...and are putting the NRL under pressure to do so.

That stinks!

If SKD is found guilty and he's served whatever sentence may be imposed by the court he should get a second chance...after a ban, rehabilitation, counselling, completing courses etc ...like all the others have!

Judging by what's happened to Joe Hockey...a $1m legal bill for his case...by the time SKD pays all the lawyers he'll likely finish up broke/bankrupt...whether or not he's found guilty.
If he's found guilty, compensation will likely take whatever might be left.
No wonder he's reportedly in a fragile state this day.

The Rosco

Bench
You've based your whole argument on radical Islamist, like me basing a list on the views of a radical christian group like the klu klux klan and saying all muslims are the same
all Christians cover up pedophiles
all Christians bomb abortion clinics
all Christians perform lynchings
The list goes on.
It wasn't long ago that christian's had complete control of laws in australia and we had stuff like the stolen generation, white australia policy etc and it wasn't until australian started to go away from then hard core christian values that we've become the great country we are today

Sorry, but you are wrong. The vast majority of my argument is about normal islam.
Normal islam covers their women's faces, forbids bacon, does not offer the choice of bacon in an islamic country, forces western women to dress and act according to their sharia ways, makes the wives sit in the back, lets their best mate marry their daughter as soon as she bleeds, and pressures the pissweak left to ban Easter egg painting at kiddies school.

We digress from the topic.
For someone who I guarantee is extremely sensitive about criticism of his people, you sure do spew forth some shit and are quick to criticise others.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Sorry, but you are wrong. The vast majority of my argument is about normal islam.
Normal islam covers their women's faces, forbids bacon, does not offer the choice of bacon in an islamic country, forces western women to dress and act according to their sharia ways, makes the wives sit in the back, lets their best mate marry their daughter as soon as she bleeds, and pressures the pissweak left to ban Easter egg painting at kiddies school.

We digress from the topic.
For someone who I guarantee is extremely sensitive about criticism of his people, you sure do spew forth some shit and are quick to criticise others.

Have you ever been to a Muslim country ? I mean seriously lol. My girlfriend had to dress no more conservatively in Turkey as she did in the Vatican city.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It's not perfect mind but I've been to chunks of north Africa too. This was a few years ago mind so I can't say how they are post revolution. They are certainly quite conservative in comparison to Australia but its not like western women need to wear sacks. This is in the capital cities though. I've never gone to a rural Muslim community which I imagine is conservative even still.

Islam certainly has a woman problem but let's not pretend that it's across the board.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Have you ever been to a Muslim country ? I mean seriously lol. My girlfriend had to dress no more conservatively in Turkey as she did in the Vatican city.

Turkey is always used as the example of moderate Islam. There's a reason why.

In Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan you can get away with western dress in most areas. Saudi Arabia is really the only draconian place. Even Iran isn't as bad as people think, there's youtube videos of women walking around without scarves, while technically illegal, nobody looks twice.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Tangier is pretty relaxed.

Lots of countries expect people to dress more conservatively. People in continental Europe tend to dress more conservatively than say Australia. Men are expected to wear trousers etc. The idea that every Muslim city requires women to pop on the bee keepers suit is silly..now I'd also recommend wearing conservative clothing but I'd also recommend that for men too.

But even jeans and a t shirt is going to be fine.

Tommy Smith

Referee
In Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan you can get away with western dress in most areas. Saudi Arabia is really the only draconian place. Even Iran isn't as bad as people think, there's youtube videos of women walking around without scarves, while technically illegal, nobody looks twice.
Look I'm not some ultra-right wing Muslim basher. Far from it as I've met some lovely people of the Islamic faith.

But I think one of the main problems with Islamic appeasement overseas is the argument that it's 'mostly ok' for women in 'most areas'. Well isn't that jolly good. A bit of a shame though for the many women in the other areas where it isn't ok.

I suspect that Turkey isn't the best snapshot of Islam world over. And neither is Saudi Arabia. As a generalisation it's probably somewhere in the middle.

And is that good enough? Obviously not.

But I digress...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-shaun-kenny-dowall-in-hospital-after-mental-health-assessment-following-domestic-violence-allegations/story-fndv38w0-1227453061286

SYDNEY Roosters star Shaun Kenny-Dowall has been admitted to hospital after undertaking a mental health assessment.

Kenny-Dowall was due to appear in Waverley Local Court on Thursday on 10 domestic violence charges, including six counts of common assault, one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and stalking/intimidating his former partner, Jessica Peris.

The Daily Telegraph understands Kenny-Dowall was admitted to hospital on Tuesday, in a joint decision made by concerned Roosters officials and his family.

The decision was made as a precaution because of the club?s concerns about his wellbeing.

A source has told The Daily Telegraph Kenny-Dowall has been not himself and had gone into his shell since his former partner applied for an apprehended violence order against him last Thursday.

The 27-year-old has been given time off by the Roosters and wasn?t considered for selection for Friday night?s clash against the Wests Tigers.

He was also rested from last Sunday?s 24-0 win over the New Zealand Warriors.
Speaking on Sterlo On The Couch on Fox Sports on Wednesday night, Roosters coach Trent Robinson described Kenny-Dowall as ?being in a dark place??.

While he was not asked specifically about Kenny-Dowall being admitted to hospital, Robinson said: ?I?ve had many chats with Shaun (over the past few weeks).

?It?s a tough period for him at the moment. He?s in a bit of a dark place.

?He?s not in a good enough state to get out there and play.?

His teammates, including co-captain Jake Friend, said it was important Kenny-Dowall put health before football.

?I?ve sent him a message, and he?s doing it pretty tough,?? Friend said.

?He knows we?re all supporting him, he?s having time to himself to get his head right, and hopefully in the next few weeks he?ll be back around the office and into the footy again.

?We?re hoping Shaun is back into training and playing as soon as possible, but his frame of mind and his health is first and foremost, and footy doesn?t compete with that.??

Another Roosters? player Boyd Cordner, said he had also reached out to Kenny-Dowall via text, and was only worried about his well-being.

?He needs some time to be around his family at the moment, we support that, and whenever he?s ready to come back, we?ll welcome him with open arms,?? Cordner said.

?This club has been through a bit in the past, but at this present time, he?s a good mate, and we?ll support him all the way.??

Teammate Brendan Elliot was given the call-up at the last minute, and retains his place on Friday night.

?Brendan was told the day before the game he would be playing, and for him to come in and play the way he did, the boys really respect and trust him on the field,?? Friend said.

Get well Skidsy. Innocent until proven guilty.

Lol give up, the big people are talking.

Heh, since when have you been a "big person"?

It's obvious you have issues with men due to your lifestyle choice. Every time a thread like this pops up, you're always at the forefront fighting the imaginary good fight. Men aren't always in the wrong. SKD is innocent until proven guilty (which he won't be).

Hopefully SKD's mental health improves soon. He and his family don't deserve these malicious allegations.

darcy

Juniors
Got off field dramas? You must have mental illness and/or go to rehab.

It's the NRL way. :lol:

With what's happened to him, ...accused of domestic violence, assault, stalking, intimidation etc by someone who was the love of his life only a few short weeks ago, ...then arrested and charged by the cops with ten crimes, had his mug shot and fingerprints taken, all in the public spotlight...facing possible bankruptcy with legal bills no matter what, and a prison sentence if convicted, with much of society baying for his 'blood'...of course he's now in hospital.

darcy

Juniors
Time to take our country back!

We used to be INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW

Today, obviously, we are 'Guilty Until Proven Innocent'.