What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

darcy

Juniors
Only thing I care about is if he is found guilty, him not using mental illness as a scapegoat for laying a finger on someone else.

He's basically in care now because of what's happened in the last week.
What he's been charged with is very serious, and the consequences very scary for him or anyone in the same boat.
How could he possibly sleep or function?
People have suicided over less.
...that's why the club and his family would be worried enough to admit him for help.

billygilmore

Juniors
They clearly need to bring in that good Christian tradition of trial by drowning. if you drown your innocent, if you float your guilty and burnt. That would sort out the wheat from the chaff lol.

We could fix problem adults early on if we brought in a classic christian punishments like stoning to death disobedient children

magpie4ever

First Grade
They clearly need to bring in that good Christian tradition of trial by drowning. if you drown your innocent, if you float your guilty and burnt. That would sort out the wheat from the chaff lol.

To get rid of you, you Pommy turd, I would re-introduce it. Reckon you would float like a cork.

Lambretta

First Grade
The Roosters are capable of winning the GF without SKD, but that is not the point.

The evidence will be tested in court, and I would not make an assumption one way other the other except to say I very much doubt there is QLD based conspiracy to set SKD up.

He is not that good a player .... so why would anyone bother?

There is a conspiracy from Queensland to stop us knocking on as often
Oh hold on......................

I never heard anything so f**king stupid as this conspiracy line from Albert Rosenfeld. Which takes some beating.

He is managing to make Tony Abbott look smart with his posts

Dear Albert Rosenfeld. Shut the f**k up or go and support Souths
Thank you.

darcy

Juniors

Try modern Christianity.

The govt used to hang people here and put their severed heads on display. 'Ned Kelly'.
Barbaric.
Someone stole Ned's head.

The govt no longer does that...people marched for better, with the Cross and the noose leading the parades/protests.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/the-death-of-ronald-ryan/2007/02/01/1169919473225.html

We remember Ryan now as an unlikely candidate for the gallows, a small-time crook whose sanctioned execution by the Victorian government of Liberal premier Sir Henry Bolte caused a firestorm of community opposition, the scale and intensity of which dwarfs most modern-day protests.

It ensured that no government anywhere in the country would politically risk imposing the death penalty again. Victoria abolished the penalty in 1975. The last state to do so, Western Australia, abolished it in 1984.

#####

Luckily for Lindy.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Innocent until found guilty.

For now we shouldn't say anything besides that, if and only IF he is found guilty, yell your f*cking lungs out I couldn't care less.

Valheru

Coach
If this has been posted already, I apologise, I can’t see it amongst all the other garbage being posted.

Anyways, latest update below

ROOSTERS star Shaun Kenny-Dowall has not appeared in court over domestic violence charges.
His absence follows news he was last night admitted to hospital after undertaking a mental health assessment in a joint decision made by concerned Roosters officials and his family.
Kenny-Dowall was due to appear in Waverley Local Court this morning on 10 domestic violence charges, including six counts of common assault, one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and stalking/intimidating his former partner, Jessica Peris.
His lawyer Chris Watson did not enter a plea on his behalf and said he had not received instructions from his client because he was in hospital.
Watson told Registrar Craig Cooke he had been unable to speak to Dowall this week and had no instructions because he was in hospital.
“I have not been able to see him. He is not in a state of health for me to take instructions,” he said.
Outside of court Watson said he could not confirm statements by the Roosters that Dowall would plead not guilty.
“I saw that in the media but I am not sure what the source is,” he said. “He is in hospital as an inpatient, I don’t have any details. It is serious, he is not well.”
Mr Watson said he only spoken briefly to Dowall about the case who is at a Wesley Mission Hospital.
Shaun Kenny-Dowall’s Roosters teammates have reached out with their support. Source: News Corp Australia
“I have not discussed the case with him yet,” he said.
It was unclear if Dowall would be out of hospital to attend the next court appearance.
“I didn’t get a crystal ball with my law degree. I’m not in a position to speak to my client about the matter so I can’t usefully add anything at all,” Watson said.
The matter was adjourned until August 6.
The decision for Kenny-Dowall to seek medical help was made as a precaution because of the club’s concerns about for his wellbeing.
A source has told The Daily Telegraph Kenny-Dowall has been not himself and had gone into his shell since his former partner applied for an apprehended violence order against him last Thursday.
The 27-year-old has been given time off by the Roosters and wasn’t considered for selection for Friday night’s clash against the Wests Tigers.
Lawyer Chris Watson acting for Shaun Kenny-Dowall Source: News Corp Australia
He was also rested from last Sunday’s 24-0 win over the New Zealand Warriors.
Speaking on Sterlo On The Couch on Fox Sports on Wednesday night, Roosters coach Trent Robinson described Kenny-Dowall as “being in a dark place’’.
While he was not asked specifically about Kenny-Dowall being admitted to hospital, Robinson said: “I’ve had many chats with Shaun (over the past few weeks).
“It’s a tough period for him at the moment. He’s in a bit of a dark place.
“He’s not in a good enough state to get out there and play.”
His teammates, including co-captain Jake Friend, said it was important Kenny-Dowall put health before football.
“I’ve sent him a message, and he’s doing it pretty tough,’’ Friend said.
“He knows we’re all supporting him, he’s having time to himself to get his head right, and hopefully in the next few weeks he’ll be back around the office and into the footy again.
“We’re hoping Shaun is back into training and playing as soon as possible, but his frame of mind and his health is first and foremost, and footy doesn’t compete with that.’’
Another Roosters’ player Boyd Cordner, said he had also reached out to Kenny-Dowall via text, and was only worried about his wellbeing.
“He needs some time to be around his family at the moment, we support that, and whenever he’s ready to come back, we’ll welcome him with open arms,’’ Cordner said.
“This club has been through a bit in the past, but at this present time, he’s a good mate, and we’ll support him all the way.’’
Teammate Brendan Elliot was given the call-up at the last minute, and retains his place on Friday night.
“Brendan was told the day before the game he would be playing, and for him to come in and play the way he did, the boys really respect and trust him on the field,’’ Friend said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ence-allegations/story-fni3gn3s-1227453061286

The main point is SKD has failed to appear at court today due to being hospitalised. His Lawyer did appear but could not enter a plea on behalf of him as he has had no instruction to do so. Case adjourned until August 6

darcy

Juniors
Women can go/walk wherever they please, whenever they please, dressed however they please.
They just have to deal with any consequences that arise as a result.

darcy

Juniors
If this has been posted already, I apologise, I can?t see it amongst all the other garbage being posted.

Anyways, latest update below

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ence-allegations/story-fni3gn3s-1227453061286

The main point is SKD has failed to appear at court today due to being hospitalised. His Lawyer did appear but could not enter a plea on behalf of him as he has had no instruction to do so. Case adjourned until August 6

In Wesley Mission Hospital...in good Christian care.
Thank God for that.

I'm happy now.
I'll be able to go out and do the shopping this afternoon.