What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

MarkC

Juniors
Perhaps you'd like to suggest another guaranteed way.

Simply leave it to the criminal justice system.

In-spite of the ill informed opinions of shock jocks, and others, it generally gets most cases right.

Evidence tested in a court of law, and weighed by a judge/jury is the best we have.

The tricky part is working out what to do when a player is charged with a serious offence, while waiting for the trail outcome.

The best solution is for the player to be stood down on full pay until the case is heard, and for the club to perhaps get salary cap concessions.

The police don't always get it right, but they don't generally lay charges unless they consider that they have evidence.

We need to protect the image of the game, and as can be seen by SKD players facing serious charges are often not in the right frame of mind to play.

I am making no judgement on the SKD case, I'll leave that to the court.

All this tirade of abuse of SKD comes from Queenslanders, who are scared to death of SKD playing against them in the Grand Final on October 4th.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
All this tirade of abuse of SKD comes from Queenslanders, who are scared to death of SKD playing against them in the Grand Final on October 4th.

Only thing I care about is if he is found guilty, him not using mental illness as a scapegoat for laying a finger on someone else.

darcy

Juniors

Yes, another problem.
What if he's stood down, and Roosters lose the GF without him...then he's found innocent?

Last edited:
I have a little secret for all you sad Queenslanders who are responsible for this set up of SKD: the Roosters are capable of winning the Grand Final even without SKD!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes, another problem.
What if he's stood down, and Roosters lose the GF without him.

If the Roosters lose it won't be because a winger isn't playing...it might be because Myth is at halfback but it won't be because SKD isn't there!

MarkC

Juniors
I have a little secret for all you sad Queenslanders who are responsible for this set up of SKD: the Roosters are capable of winning the Grand Final even without SKD!

The Roosters are capable of winning the GF without SKD, but that is not the point.

The evidence will be tested in court, and I would not make an assumption one way other the other except to say I very much doubt there is QLD based conspiracy to set SKD up.

He is not that good a player .... so why would anyone bother?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just because he's found guilty doesn't mean he's actually guilty.
There are likely innocent people in prison, and innocent people being charged and put on trial.
"Victims" seem basically believed without question these days.

Some victims have been found to be genuine, while others have not.
Courts need to be very careful.

In America there are likely even innocent people on death row awaiting execution-slaughter by the state. Many innocent people have been released from death row over the years.
"Cops", "prosecutors", "courts"...baaah!

[URL="http://www.innocenceproject.org/"]http://www.innocenceproject.org/[/URL]

They clearly need to bring in that good Christian tradition of trial by drowning. if you drown your innocent, if you float your guilty and burnt. That would sort out the wheat from the chaff lol.

Latest posts