What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

Perth Red

Post Whore
there goes playing in England if guilty for kiwis or SL.
Do they deport kiwis for criminal acts or is that reserved for Muslims?

Danish

Referee
If true he should be sacked. I desperately hope it isn't as he is my favourite rooster but that doesn't change anything.

Should be allowed to keep playing until his court case going off NRL precedent but honestly I'd prefer we stood him down until his case is heard in a couple weeks. I would hate it if they pulled a souffs and got his case adjourned until after the season is over just so he can keep playing for us

Valheru

Coach
If true he should be sacked. I desperately hope it isn't as he is my favourite rooster but that doesn't change anything.

Should be allowed to keep playing until his court case going off NRL precedent but honestly I'd prefer we stood him down until his case is heard in a couple weeks. I would hate it if they pulled a souffs and got his case adjourned until after the season is over just so he can keep playing for us

Well said and i agree.

His lawyer probably will get it adjourned to end of season due to work committments and building a defence which is a common occurrence.

Souffs would have just not told anyone until november.

ek999

First Grade
I wouldn't stand him down if he says he is innocent unless it is affecting his on field performance. If he pleads guilty or is found guilty he should be sacked we need to be harsher on players guilty of assault especially when it is domestic violence

Danish

Referee
If they pull any of the bullshit to try and drag out the case till the off season I'll lose a lot of respect for the club. If the Roosters told him he would not play again till his case is heard I guarantee they wouldn't have any trouble "building a case" in a few weeks.

Either way at least we now know why our right side attack is so good at treating defences like bitches. Lots of practice apparently.... :sarcasm:

Danish

Referee
I wouldn't stand him down if he says he is innocent unless it is affecting his on field performance. If he pleads guilty or is found guilty he should be sacked we need to be harsher on players guilty of assault especially when it is domestic violence

Agree to a point.

All convicted woman badgers should be sacked and banned for at least 12 months (life if there is ever a repeat offence), but honestly I would also like to see clubs and the NRL take some sort of proactive approach so that players don't inevitably try to adjourn cases and what not till the off season just to help their playing career.

League should take a backseat to these sorts of things and IMO it is a better look for the league and clubs to deal with these things swiftly instead of letting it be a news story over months and months

Valheru

Coach
I see your point danish but is it possible that the case won't be heard until sep/oct due to the normal timing of these things? I have no idea how it works so just putting it out there. It seems a player gets charged with DUI and then you will hear about the court case as an after thought 3 months later for example.

I think it really comes down to the fist appearance on thursday and his plea.

If skd was a bunny we'd be hearing about this in 2019

LOL.

I would be very, very surprised if these allegations were true. In saying that, if he is proven guilty, he should be sacked immediately.

SKD is in career-best form and his grand final heroics will forever be remembered, but the Roosters and the NRL need to take a hard line stance on any issues involving domestic violence (looking at you, Souffs).

Xplozive

Juniors
This isnt cool. I really hope these are false allegations. Skd doesnt seem like that kind of person but you never know i guess. Its a shame because he is playing so good atm

taipan

Referee
Regardless he should be stood down until the case is heard.Too much doubt.The NRL has to be seen to be doing something.
If true two years ban.

some11

Referee
Shaun better hope he gets Kate Hawkins as his magistrate, he might be able to get off on the 'promising future' defence ala Auva'a that way.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It will be he said, she said - outside of text messages etc. I would think he is gone - he will be used as an example and possibly deported back to Kiwiland.

Latest posts