What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

shiznit

Coach
I'd say the Roosters know a bit more about this situation than what's been reported, so they have given SKD the benefit of the doubt here based on that.

It's the only explanation I can think of as to why he hasn't been stood down.

It's a dangerous game to play for the club though, they must have pretty strong evidence from SKD that he's innocent.

I found Gus Gould's response on Twitter about the situation interesting and kind of backs up my original thinking...

@TheRealMoochus: @Gus10Gould Roosters not standing down SKD yet they stood down Jenko?

@Gus10Gould: They obviously know more than we do .. Jennings arrested by police at the scene .. SKD is accusations from 3rd party

gordsy

Juniors
If they play him till he is in court that's fine but I wonder if the nrl will take his winning bonuses off him if he is found guilty ? It would be a bit rich to let profit off being a women beater. Assuming that's in his contract that is.

SKD is a try scoring machine. The Queensland pretender teams cannot afford to have him in the Roosters team on October 4th. That is why they have pushed this Peris woman to take SKD down now.

POPEYE

Coach
SKD is a try scoring machine. The Queensland pretender teams cannot afford to have him in the Roosters team on October 4th. That is why they have pushed this Peris woman to take SKD down now.

Keep up the good work Albert, as far as I'm concerned if the cops haven't locked him up he's good to go on the footy field

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Lol this chick is obviously a f**ked in the head merkin. SKD is in career best form because he probably f**ked her off. Now she's all jealous and throwing allegations around trying to ruin a career. Typical.

Then most you merkins eat it up as usual calling for his head.

Well there u have it people.
Hes 100% guilty.

Canard

Immortal
I'd say the Roosters know a bit more about this situation than what's been reported, so they have given SKD the benefit of the doubt here based on that.

It's the only explanation I can think of as to why he hasn't been stood down.

It's a dangerous game to play for the club though, they must have pretty strong evidence from SKD that he's innocent.

I found Gus Gould's response on Twitter about the situation interesting and kind of backs up my original thinking...

Translation.

They know it's an easier situation to diffuse and manage PR wise, due to its very nature.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In a business desperately trying to appear female friendly it would be pretty dumb not to stand him down given seriousness of allegations. NRL should take it out of club hands and have a consistent approach that reviews each case then makes a decision based on each case. End of day they are responsible for protecting both the games image and players welfare.

Canard

Immortal
Gee we have become to politically correct, Let him play until proven guilty.

Explain what part of PC this relates to? Andrew Bolt

As far as I'm concerned a low life scum like Rob Lui should be scrubbing toilets rather than have an NRL contract.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I believe he should be stood down today but be allowed then allowed until his court case from next week onwards.

Especially if he pleads his innocence in the face of allegations from a rather suspect woman. Her past during which she assaulted her previous partner, and her mother's antics, don't leave me convinced about the allegations.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I'm seeing tweets saying he will be withdrawn from today's side...

I believe the reasoning is due to not being in the right head space which is fair enough. Reports are he intends to fight the charges and plea innocence and from next week he will be allowed to play.

Cockosh

Juniors
If they play him till he is in court that's fine but I wonder if the nrl will take his winning bonuses off him if he is found guilty ? It would be a bit rich to let profit off being a women beater. Assuming that's in his contract that is.

Good question but what happens if the opposite outcome occurs and he is found innocent? Does he get compensated? Just because its a bad look for the game it shouldnt prevent justice taking its natural course. I think the NRL is gun shy after Stewart incident and rightly so. Imagine it today was gf day and he was stood down from playing and it later turns out he was innocent? Would that be right?

Valheru

Coach
In a business desperately trying to appear female friendly it would be pretty dumb not to stand him down given seriousness of allegations. NRL should take it out of club hands and have a consistent approach that reviews each case then makes a decision based on each case. End of day they are responsible for protecting both the games image and players welfare.

If you do that you leave it open for partners of players to make allegations purely to hurt the livelihood of the player. I'm not saying this is the case here but there are people out there who would do those types of things.

blacklock

Juniors
If you do that you leave it open for partners of players to make allegations purely to hurt the livelihood of the player. I'm not saying this is the case here but there are people out there who would do those types of things.

On the other hand when one of these players eventually kills a girl the media will have a field day with all the players we let run onto the field who were accused of beating up their partners.

It's not to say he is guilty but the game loses more if he is found guilty after letting him play than it loses if he misses a game or two and found innocent.

Valheru

Coach
On the other hand when one of these players eventually kills a girl the media will have a field day with all the players we let run onto the field who were accused of beating up their partners.

It's not to say he is guilty but the game loses more if he is found guilty after letting him play than it loses if he misses a game or two and found innocent.

I don't get the correlation.. if a player did kill a girl, it would have little to do with any previous incidents (alleged or otherwise) by other players.