What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She's gooooorne...

Alex28

Coach
look - i dont know if she is guilty or not. i'm certainly not a "Shapelle groupie" at all - my concern is that what their camp is suggesting is pretty feasable, and that no one seems to be doing anything about investigating the issues raised (granted there is probably too much money involved in the industry for corrupt police and baggage handlers, and a bad image problem for Qantas, so best not investigate it).

if she is guilty - then she deserves her punishment. if she is innocent - it is a scary precident, and i feel incredibly sorry for her and her family. everything seems to be pointing towards that she wouldn't do it, nor have the connections to do it, but ultimately none of us know this for sure. The only one would be her.

why wont you answer the "if it was you" question any way?

millersnose

Post Whore
Alex28 said:
look - i dont know if she is guilty or not.

oh really?

some of your recent comments

"Hopefully this time they will have what they need to get the right decision to occur."

the "right decision" is obviously innocent according to you

i'm certainly not a "Shapelle groupie" at all - my concern is that what their camp is suggesting is pretty feasable, and that no one seems to be doing anything about investigating the issues raised (granted there is probably too much money involved in the industry for corrupt police and baggage handlers, and a bad image problem for Qantas, so best not investigate it).

baggage handler4s have been fired and gone to jail

and in any case it is not qantas's job or the indosian authorities or the australian autyhorities to do schappeles defence teams work

if she is guilty - then she deserves her punishment.

that is arguable

i dont think anyone deserves 20 years in prison for smuggling a relatively small amount of pot

if she is innocent - it is a scary precident,

no precedent has been set by this ruling

and i feel incredibly sorry for her and her family.

as do most people

everything seems to be pointing towards that she wouldn't do it,

in your opinion

why wont you answer the "if it was you" question any way?

because it is irrelevant emotional nonsense

Mong

Post Whore
Lol, millers only answers questions he can be condecending about.. haven't you worked that out yet.. Wouldn't wait to long for an answer as you won't get one, your question will be answered with a question at best..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I heard on the news last night that Schapelle has asked her family not to visit her in prison for the next week.
Apparently this is to save them the hassle of dealing with the media.
Or perhaps its to give them a chance to settle down so they dont any more to the circus...?

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
sunny said:
Exactly what Corby supporters want the government to do is unclear. It seems like they basically want the PM to say "We've got white skin, you've got yellow skin, therefore you get the f**k out of the way and let us interfere in your legal system and bring a convicted drug smuggler home without punishment".
Well I aint white, Im middleeastern, I support her because those wankers over there dismissed all evidence that the defence had and their only "evidence" was that baggage handler at the airport who can't even speak english, but yet his testimony was rock solid.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
millersnose said:
coolum:

australian drugs are smuggled into indonesia all the time
westerners pay more for hydro

at the end of the day she lied to customs and lied to the court

she was found in possesion of a great amount of drugs

people say it wouldnt happen here in australia

lets examine the legislation

s.233B Special provisions with respect to narcotic goods
(1) A person commits an offence if:

(a) the person:
(i) possesses goods on board a ship or aircraft; or
(ii) brings goods into Australia; or
(iii) imports goods into Australia; or
(iv) possesses goods that have been imported into Australia in contravention of this Act; or
(v) conveys goods that have been imported into Australia in contravention of this Act; or
(vi) possesses goods that are reasonably suspected of having been imported into Australia in contravention of this Act; or
(vii) fails to disclose to an officer on demand any knowledge in his or her possession or power concerning the importation or intended importation, or bringing or intended bringing, into Australia of goods; and
(b) the goods are a prohibited import to which this section applies.

furthermore

(2) It shall not be lawful for any person to convey or have in his
possession without reasonable excuse (proof whereof shall lie upon
him) any smuggled goods or prohibited imports.

in summary

"its not mine" is a defence that will not work in australia either

oh and NHF

the "respect" for women you waffle about presumably doesnt extend to indonesian women who you would happily see die en masse

this from a "christian"

you sick creep

Yeh thats right, I am a creep, i'm a creep for supporting a girl who has done nothing wrong and is going to rot in a dirty jail overseas without family and friends. I'm a creep for believing that a foreign judicial system has completely disregarded all evidence for corby and sent her to rot in prison. I'm a creep for believing that a girl going overseas for a holiday was unsuspectingly used as a drug mule and is now to rot in prison for 20 years. Jeez I cannot live with myself.

And millers, don't talk to me about wanting people to die you piece of sh*t, your the wanker who supports George Bush in his crusade against the middleeast, millions of Iraqis are suffering and hundreds of thousands have died since your heroes invaded Iraq in 1991, but that ok isn't it? So if I were you, I would just shut my f**king mouth you filthy germ.

strong_latte

Juniors
What irks me about this whole thing is most of the people getting all teary eyed about this girl never saw anything wrong with our government detaining refugee's behind razor wire fences in the desert... What crime did those people commit? Apart from expecting a better life.

Alex28

Coach
mate - a completely different issue. detaining refugees has as much relevance to this discussion as ivan milat does...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
What crime did those people commit?

They entered the country illegally. It's up to them to prove they are genuine refugees, something they seem to find hard. The process is so slow because of our legal system. We need to speed it up but the blocking tactics of the lawyers ain't helping.

pantherz9103

First Grade
millersnose said:
and you are trying to be deceptive

you claimed it wouldnt happen here i merely posted the laws that prove it would

what a pile of hysterical bollocks

i wouldnt want to be in ivan milats shoes either doesnt make him innocent

yes

she was caught with a pile of drugs in her possesion

from the age.com (registration required)

Customs official Gusti Nyoman Winata said he asked Corby to open the bag, but she unzipped only a front pocket. "When I opened it a bit, she said: 'No'," Mr Winata said. "I asked: 'Why?', and she said: 'I have some,' and looked confused." Mr Winata added that she blocked his hand to stop him opening the main zip.
A second customs official said Corby admitted owning the drugs.

Corby failed to notice the bag's extra weight. Her excuse was that the bag's handle had been broken on the way to Bali, meaning she had to drag it.

A drug dealer employing baggage handlers would be highly unlikely to smuggle four kilograms of marijuana into Brisbane airport and then into a stranger's bag, just to send it on to Sydney. Such a task would further require another handler at Sydney to sneak it out of the bag and hide it while attempting to get it out of the airport. As road haulage experts have confirmed, smug-glers could avoid this by sending it by road.

no you show me evidence she didnt

Evidence from customs officers with a poor command of English is iron clad is it :rolleyes:

Honestly how is it right that the Bali bomber gets 2 years for killing up to 200 people in a night club yet Corby (I DON'T KNOW whether she's innocent or guilty) gets 20 years. It's absolutely absurd.

I'm a very tolerant person and I am critical of our asylum seekers policy. But I can't help but realise that the Indonesian authorities are RACIST.

pantherz9103 said:
Honestly how is it right that the Bali bomber gets 2 years for killing up to 200 people in a night club yet Corby (I DON'T KNOW whether she's innocent or guilty) gets 20 years. It's absolutely absurd.

What your saying is indeed absurd.

balmainbenny

Juniors
Corby is a dirty filthy drug smuggler who deserves the full weight of Indonesian law on her.
I she succeeded, those drugs would contribute to making someone else's life more miserable.
Those drugs are making HER life miserable.

Karma hey...

Azkatro

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
Evidence from customs officers with a poor command of English is iron clad is it :rolleyes:

I'm a very tolerant person and I am critical of our asylum seekers policy. But I can't help but realise that the Indonesian authorities are RACIST.

Absurd, and false. The man you're referring to with regards to the Bali bombing was responsible for planning it - he wasn't found guilty of killing anyone.

AeroShark

Juniors
Absurd, and false. The man you're referring to with regards to the Bali bombing was responsible for planning it - he wasn't found guilty of killing anyone.
Either way he had a lot to do with the death of a great many people,compare that to 4.1 Kilos of pot...well if you think there is similarities you are goose.

strong_latte

Juniors
Alex28 said:
mate - a completely different issue. detaining refugees has as much relevance to this discussion as ivan milat does...

The point is, people are getting far more morally righteous about this, claiming they (the legal system and the judge etc) are corrupt and she's obviously innocent etc... But here we are detaining people who have committed no crime at all!

Are you really lost on the irony of this?

Pantherjim.

Referee
Azkatro said:

:rolleyes: Then he's just as guilty as the terrorist nut f*ckers that actually planted the device!! Even more so!! You don't have to be a f*cking Legal genius to work that one out! :rolleyes:

He deserves death more than the bombers do!

Pantherjim.

Pantherjim.

Referee
balmainbenny said:
Corby is a dirty filthy drug smuggler who deserves the full weight of Indonesian law on her.
I she succeeded, those drugs would contribute to making someone else's life more miserable.
Those drugs are making HER life miserable.
Karma hey...

Sh*t, Compassion knows no f*cking bounds in contemporary Australian society does it??:rolleyes:

For sh*t sake you imbecile even if she was guilty,(which I sincerely doubt) It's only Pot for f*cksake! A drug which has been decriminalised in the A.C.T. and many countries internationally. 4.1kgs of Cannabis is hardly going to make anyones life a misery!

I wonder if you'd be so brazen about shooting your own self-righteous hypocritical gob off if you were caught in Denpasar or Jakarta with a couple of KG's of Heroin in your suitcase which you knew nothing about, and wasn't there when you packed before you left for Kingsford Smith?

I wonder if you'd have the same faith in Indonesia's justice system to do the right thing by you, considering you're so confident that they've done the right thing by Indonesian Justice and put a "dirty, filthy drug smuggler" behind bars for 20 years?

W*nker! :rolleyes:

Pantherjim.

Azkatro

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
:rolleyes: Then he's just as guilty as the terrorist nut f*ckers that actually planted the device!! Even more so!! You don't have to be a f*cking Legal genius to work that one out! :rolleyes:

He deserves death more than the bombers do!

Pantherjim.

Look mate I'm not a judge. Obviously they decided his actions were worth two years and prison and that's what he got. Comparing that with this drug case is a load of bullsh*t mate.

millersnose

Post Whore
Alex28 said:
still wont answer it huh Millers...
i answered it and will again

i would not like to be going to jail for 20 years

what does that prove?

now how about you answer questions i put to you

Latest posts