What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boxhead

First Grade
That's interesting Djay....if that's true, that Ossie signed those players as an intentional move to subtly get rid of Ando, then that says something about this administration that they put their own interests above those of the club....IF that is true, then the whole board and Ossie need to be sacked, if it's true they are total scumbags.

Parraren

Bench
The nail in DA coffin was the persistence with Mortimer at 7.

Epic misjudgement followed by stubborn persistence.

boxhead

First Grade
Another one of those 'friends in the know' rumours came out that Anderson will stay......FFS I just want to know whether he is staying or not, Parramatta!! I hope this end of season review finishes quickly so we can finally have a definitive answer....it seems not even the chairman's word can be trusted when Ossie and the board can't even answer the simple question of whether or not he will stay :(

mrpwnd

Bench
you could say the same about the hayne at 5/8 experiment he certainly doesnt like tinkering with the team does he?
Difference was that Hayne had that passing and kicking game to potentially develop as a 5/8.
I don't think Morts ever showed any potential as a playmaker, save for his tendency to be around the ball, which was good for us last year, this year it's just annoying.

Bigfella

Coach
Smith choose to leave early (because he was a goose who had a tantrum when told with reasonable notice that he wasn't to be offered another five years.

Taylor certainly didn't consider himself a short term appointment, and considering the trunaround he was able to engineer following the mess Smith left, he can feel rightly "burnt".

Hagan signed a three year contract, but chose to leave early after two.

If the Board punts DA a pre-election stunt, then I think MITS' comnent that the club would have burnt through four coaches in the space of four years is entirely valid.

Of all the hysterical and inaccurate posts you have made In your recent campaign to make evert post an anti 3P angle, this is probably the funniest.

Smith chose to leave.

Hagan chose to leave.

Taylor was a caretaker.

DA hasn't actually gone anywhere.

Gronk

Staff member
Smith choose to leave early (because he was a goose who had a tantrum when told with reasonable notice that he wasn't to be offered another five years.

Taylor certainly didn't consider himself a short term appointment, and considering the trunaround he was able to engineer following the mess Smith left, he can feel rightly "burnt".

If the Board punts DA as a pre-election stunt, then I think MITS' comnent that the club would have burnt through four coaches in the space of four years is entirely valid.

Of all the hysterical and inaccurate posts you have made In your recent campaign to make evert post an anti 3P angle, this is probably the funniest.
Smith chose to leave.

Hagan chose to leave.

Taylor was a caretaker.

DA hasn't actually gone anywhere.

Bigfella whilst you are having a dig at Bart, did you realize that you are actually in fundamental agreement with him ? ;-)

Bigfella

Coach
Gronk funnily enough I would regard a coach who chose to leave as being the architect of his own demise, and nothing to do with the board.

I would also see a caretaker coach not being reappointed as not havin been discarded or removed by the board in any real way.

And lastly, I would certainly view a coach who still has his job as not having been "burnt".

So just to clarify, I am of the view that every
single example he gave actually tends to show that the club has not in fact burnt through those 4 coaches.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Another one of those 'friends in the know' rumours came out that Anderson will stay......FFS I just want to know whether he is staying or not, Parramatta!! I hope this end of season review finishes quickly so we can finally have a definitive answer....it seems not even the chairman's word can be trusted when Ossie and the board can't even answer the simple question of whether or not he will stay :(

the board have already said he is staying

no one has said he is going, just some unsubstantiated rumours from the dark side

I really dont know why anyone would think he is leaving

Djay

Juniors
That's interesting Djay....if that's true, that Ossie signed those players as an intentional move to subtly get rid of Ando, then that says something about this administration that they put their own interests above those of the club....IF that is true, then the whole board and Ossie need to be sacked, if it's true they are total scumbags.
Don't read into it fully because I may be totally wrong but that's what I've heard and if that's what the bored is doing then that's a joke. I also heard that since DA has been coach of Parra the only 2 signings that HE wanted were Shackleton and Poore. Tahu was Ozzy's doing again. That's what I'm hearing whether that's true or not I dunno.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
No one can blame Ando if he says that he wouldn't be interested in coaching the Eels beyond the end of his current contract/end next year, given the off-field crap and headlines he's had to endure, thanks to the current Board not effectively putting a lid on all that damaging stuff post-elections, as they had promised to do.

Avenger

Immortal
Anderson calling the Pirtek bloke about his coaching future was a massive error on his part.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I wouldn't think it would be too unusual for a coach to talk with board members about various issues. Nothing story.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I find it more alarming that the board member felt the need to speak to the telegraph about the conversation with the coach.

born an eel

Bench
it also doesn't sound like the board "gave it to Ozzie" and gave him a dressing down for the meeting with Kearney at a crucial time in our season as has been inferred by sevens in the past.

fish eel

Immortal

Taylor certainly didn't consider himself a short term appointment
, and considering the trunaround he was able to engineer following the mess Smith left, he can feel rightly "burnt".

If the Board punts DA as a pre-election stunt, then I think MITS' comnent that the club would have burnt through four coaches in the space of four years is entirely valid.

even though Hagan was already appointed for 2007?

What was JT thinking, we'd null and void Hagans deal before he even took over? :lol:

Smith wasnt burnt through he left because he had the sh*ts he wasnt wanted the following year. Taylor was always, always a stop gap for the remainder of 2006. No way you can say those guys were burnt through IMO

CrazyEel

Bench
even though Hagan was already appointed for 2007?

What was JT thinking, we'd null and void Hagans deal before he even took over? :lol:

Smith wasnt burnt through he left because he had the sh*ts he wasnt wanted the following year. Taylor was always, always a stop gap for the remainder of 2006. No way you can say those guys were burnt through IMO
But that just sounds boring when you state it like that, where's the intrigue? :lol: