What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary's Contract Be Extended For another 3 Year Term?

Sould Mary's Contract Be Extended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

possm

Coach
Storm lose 2 big guns, Cronk , Slater and continue on their way , we have more play makers now than ever and they all are confused .... Where lays the problem ????

The coaches game plan - still plan A
The combinations practiced in the off-season - there is none
Leadership on the field - there is none

I say the experiment is over and so it's time to let Widdop go and use his salary cap to recruit experienced first graders.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Because we don't want Mcgregor getting any leg up from anyone who may know something about rugby league. We want him gone!
There's no way the mindless flog would want anyone with any brains anywhere near him because they would show him up, just like JD did .And these leeches in charge don't give a f@*k !!!

possm

Coach
Message to the Board

The last time we were super competitive and we won a premiership was when we had an experienced Coach in Bennett

It’s not rocket science
Yes but when so many experienced candidates for head coach were available, the members of the SGI Board just sat on their hands.

Last edited:

Smurf

Juniors
Mary , Price , Young & Farrar will go down in history as the worst coaches in the dragons history.
Please let there be change soon.

Glenn012

Juniors
I was going to get on here and rant about McGregor's continued shuffling of the spine to accommodate Dufty on the bench when I registered this morning but between then and now, it seems he has shown that he is not insane but just very dumb. Lomax coming on, moving Aitken to the middle after 30 or 60 minutes may work very well. Unbelievable it has taken until now and if not for media pressure, probably would have stuck with it. No one bought that little fairy-tale about it being forced upon him due to injury and suspension. He was talking about it most of the off season.

possm

Coach
I was going to get on here and rant about McGregor's continued shuffling of the spine to accommodate Dufty on the bench when I registered this morning but between then and now, it seems he has shown that he is not insane but just very dumb. Lomax coming on, moving Aitken to the middle after 30 or 60 minutes may work very well. Unbelievable it has taken until now and if not for media pressure, probably would have stuck with it. No one bought that little fairy-tale about it being forced upon him due to injury and suspension. He was talking about it most of the off season.

So, I wonder if Lafai is really injured. To me it maybe just a face saver for Mary who has come to the conclusion that Aitken is better suited to the backrow rather then the centres.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Agree - but I worry now about Zac’s match fitness & confidence levels after being so fooked around?

Hope he & the boys have blinders

At least fear is making Mary blink

Crush I would say the Dragons have the most expensive halves pairing in the NRL & the most confused. Using 3 ball playering halves into 2 is not a master stroke it's another type of stroke sounding like Banker. The debacle and inept concept of utilising the bench just continues on & on.
I'm sure Mick Crawley will be in the firing line soon to cop all the blame by the Steel Deflector.
More like a medical stroke than a master stroke.

Crush I would say the Dragons have the most expensive halves pairing in the NRL & the most confused. Using 3 ball playering halves into 2 is not a master stroke it's another type of stroke sounding like Banker. The debacle and inept concept of utilising the bench just continues on & on.
I'm sure Mick Crawley will be in the firing line soon to cop all the blame by the Steel Deflector.
There is a lot hinging on McGregor proving everyone wrong.
He is an egotist who is and never was qualified to coach FG.
If he falls flat on his face, the people who are promoting him and the Board will also be accountable because 6 years of failure is hard to rationalize by anyone.
At some point, the Board will turn their back on McGregor to save their own skins. Especially if the media starts to have second thoughts about his coaching. It seems that some decent cracks are appearing.
I also believe he's losing support from the dressing room.
Widdop is obviously unhappy and I reckon Graham is also not impressed with what's going on.
In the meantime, McGregor will use JDB, Frizz, "New look spine needs time to gel" "Played really good footy for the first 40", "That's Ian's job, I have my hands full coaching" to deflect what is the looming day of reckoning.
Let's see what tips it over and how prepared the Board is to make a change.
Problem is, if we are 2 and 6 by the time change occurs it may be too late for 2019.

Latest posts