What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The quicker he goes the better. Worst performances witnessed in all my life following this club.

I hear now that they want to release Soward as the players don't like him. If that is the case why did the coach keep picking him. Another nail in his coffin if true.

jenninga

First Grade
Yah absolutely, its absolutely nothing personal and I hope he goes on to a career elsewhere and one day proves me wrong... he seems like far too nice a bloke for coaching!
Yep, and if he is replaced i would have no problems if he stayed involved with the club,like Rick Stone has done in Newcastle.

Not sure if this is a piss-take or not, but Sheens coaching us would be an absolute travesty...the Tigpies were doing just as poorly WHILE Sheens was coaching and is suffering now due to the decisions he made; i.e. loss of Fifita, loss of Gibbs, acquisition of Blair, unruly ego of Benji, addition of Toquiri...it's horrible over there, and all because of Sheens...

If he ever coaches Dragons, it will be a very, very dark day.

Yeah it would be a bit like voting out Julia Gillard and getting Tony Abbott in her place.

This is a poll that leads everyone down the intended path. How about a poll of who wants Sheens versus who wants Price - possibly a more balance result??

FlameThrower

Bench
Both head coach (Half Price) & assistant coach (That's all Folks) need to go at seasons end or earlier if suitable replacement can be found. It has been a very poor coaching combination that has become a joke. Hale and Pace make a better team and have a personality to inspire more.

Being saying this for a while, Folks needs to go as well... Plus a couple cringe players and retireFien & Cooper

BennyV

Referee
Price won't resign, nor will he be sacked at season's end, it's just not in Dousty's nature to admit that fault OR to sack a coach before end of contract...

However, I imagine there will be a bit of a shake up in the coaching staff if this year doesn't improve - at least 1 more assistant coach to help in attack, possibly a halves coach, maybe Youngy or Hornby thrown in there too - with all the new recruits, there couldn't be a more perfect time for it to happen...

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
I read with intrest the comments on this forum and whilst I agree with the majority of them, the story in the Telegraph tells us something we have known for sometime, Soward is not a team player and is a disruptive influence to those around him. I agree that he should be stood down and that is a decision the coach had to make in the earlier rounds. You can't be chummy with the players your there to coach a professional football team and if players don't toe the line then drop them to the Cutters until their attitude improves. No one person is bigger then the team itself. Come on SP show some leadership and get us moving again

TheRev

Coach
I read with intrest the comments on this forum and whilst I agree with the majority of them, the story in the Telegraph tells us something we have known for sometime, Soward is not a team player and is a disruptive influence to those around him. I agree that he should be stood down and that is a decision the coach had to make in the earlier rounds. You can't be chummy with the players your there to coach a professional football team and if players don't toe the line then drop them to the Cutters until their attitude improves. No one person is bigger then the team itself. Come on SP show some leadership and get us moving again
Its classic Price though, never a proactive decision ahead of time, always waits till were in a heap of sh** before taking any risk.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Funny that Soward a now a disruptive player. I thought Dugan was a disruptive player at Canberra. They were happy to give him a run.

Soward is the scapegoat to a poorly coached side.

jenninga

First Grade
Funny that Soward a now a disruptive player. I thought Dugan was a disruptive player at Canberra. They were happy to give him a run.

Gee Slippery,you got something against Price coaching.:D

FNC Dragon

Juniors
Price isn't the only one at fault here. If he's doing his best and it's still not good enough, or if he is underperforming, then the Board/Management needs to display some accountability. If the coach isn't getting the expected results, then they need to take appropriate action.

Would be interesting to know exactly what that expectation is because it doesn't appear to be much at all at the moment...

possm

Coach
Price isn't the only one at fault here. If he's doing his best and it's still not good enough, or if he is underperforming, then the Board/Management needs to display some accountability. If the coach isn't getting the expected results, then they need to take appropriate action.

Would be interesting to know exactly what that expectation is because it doesn't appear to be much at all at the moment...

Earlier on this year, didn't the Club bring in some outside assistance for two weeks- a rugby union coach - and the team transformed into a wonderful attacking team. We have seen a glimpse of this type of attack only once since - against the Eels.

To me it shows the players are capable but in most games they are not performing. Could it be 'do as the coach says or else' and unfortunately, what the coach says does not work?

bottle

Coach
Earlier on this year, didn't the Club bring in some outside assistance for two weeks- a rugby union coach - and the team transformed into a wonderful attacking team. We have seen a glimpse of this type of attack only once since - against the Eels.

To me it shows the players are capable but in most games they are not performing. Could it be 'do as the coach says or else' and unfortunately, what the coach says does not work?

Tony Melrose. He's there for the year you dope. He wasn't a two week magical panacea. Perhaps you can lay all the blame at his feet now.

Next bright idea.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rugby-man-brian-melrose-laying-the-foundations-for-st-george-illawarras-attack/story-e6frexpr-1226617684533

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-man-behind-the-dragons-attack-229848

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade

wonderful attacking team???? never happened mate.
we put some points on a few teams that are playing as crap as us... and most of those points were from individual play rather than any flowing attacking movements... we did pull out the old "bring the fullback into the backline to create an extra man move" a few times but thats about it...
the whole "our attack is re-born" never happened and was media rubbish in a slow news week...

TheRev

Coach

Although I agree its a useful short-term distraction for Price, dont forget Soward was dropped for the same thing last season, ive no doubt he is not working well with Price, the only reason its taken this long to drop him, is because he is such an important player, and Price didnt have the balls to do it before we were already virtually shot for the year.