What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't have that much trouble with lineouts. Just been timing it so the metre is a little on my side and win almost every time.

I added the real players to France and England and shut down the offloads, cranked up driving and kicking and tweaked a few other settings and it's like playing a new game, it was great. Defeated England 10-0 as France on 10 minute halves with England having 58% possession, 64% territory and they had 11-5 line breaks. It seems the game counts passes as offloads because it says there were 44 to 52 offloads but that wasn't the case.

For the first 3/4 of the game England were happy to kick for territory but towards the end they ran the ball more, without the crazy half pitch over the head offloads, and even put in some grubbers close to the line. Shontayne Hape made a wonderful break, stepped my winger but a cover tackle took him in to touch it was a great play all round.

It's boring as bat shit editing the teams but if you give yourself 2 hours or something and do all or most of the teams it plays a different game. Maybe on Pro it would be a little wild but on hard it was great.

Thomas

First Grade
I added the real players to France and England and shut down the offloads, cranked up driving and kicking and tweaked a few other settings and it's like playing a new game, it was great. Defeated England 10-0 as France on 10 minute halves with England having 58% possession, 64% territory and they had 11-5 line breaks. It seems the game counts passes as offloads because it says there were 44 to 52 offloads but that wasn't the case.

For the first 3/4 of the game England were happy to kick for territory but towards the end they ran the ball more, without the crazy half pitch over the head offloads, and even put in some grubbers close to the line. Shontayne Hape made a wonderful break, stepped my winger but a cover tackle took him in to touch it was a great play all round.

It's boring as bat shit editing the teams but if you give yourself 2 hours or something and do all or most of the teams it plays a different game. Maybe on Pro it would be a little wild but on hard it was great.

Some guys on another forum (sidhe's forum, I think) have completely re-done all the rosters for the teams as well as their logos. You just download the file and upload it onto your PS3. Presto! All the teams are fixed.

I played a bit online last night. Lagged in a few games which I had to quit but then had fun playing as Japan and Namibia. Got a few wins up my sleeves. Some guys are just absurd with the hot potato off loading but when you play someone who plays it like a real rugby game then you can have a heap of fun.

MattYg1

Bench
so with the customisable side of the game, can you turn off line outs, rucks, mauls, intro a 10mtr rule and change tries to 6 points converted instead of 7??? :sarcasm:

axl rose

Bench
so with the customisable side of the game, can you turn off line outs, rucks, mauls, intro a 10mtr rule and change tries to 6 points converted instead of 7??? :sarcasm:

Unfortunately Sidhe couldn't come to a deal with HES so we wont be seeing that in a while.

boxhead

First Grade
I've watched several gameplay recordings on YouTube and the game looks amazing, the incessant offloads can fortunately be tweaked, but other than that I can't wait till I can play it.

MattYg1

Bench
I dont understand watching the videos on youtube what the actual players are thiking with some of the erratic pass, pass, pass type gameplay they use...

do they watch the sport at all?

I found it to be true with Rugby League Live that if you play it like a real football game is played it actually plays better... so I can only imagine at this stage what this game would play like if played properly...

the CPU offloads are a joke though but like you said boxhead can be altered.

Thomas

First Grade
I played a game of hot potato with some guy last night. The offloading was ridiculous.

Then I played a series of games against another guy and we played it like a proper game and had a bloody ball. I won the final game with an epic chip, chase regather then grubber to score a try.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
nothing as satisfying as drawing the fullback and passing to the winger in support....nothing more hilarious than drawing the fullback, passing to the winger and having the ball do whatever it damn well pleases.

Nothing better than running at the fullback with an option inside and out, throwing a pass which either a) goes to ground or b) goes 25 metres behind play.

The game is fun when the offloads are turned down but even on Pro it's just too easy so it seems like difficulty was measured by offloads and not actual attributes. Undefeated in the French league after 4 games getting 3 bonus points isn't much fun and I think I've only conceded 1 try.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Nothing better than running at the fullback with an option inside and out, throwing a pass which either a) goes to ground or b) goes 25 metres behind play.

The game is fun when the offloads are turned down but even on Pro it's just too easy so it seems like difficulty was measured by offloads and not actual attributes. Undefeated in the French league after 4 games getting 3 bonus points isn't much fun and I think I've only conceded 1 try.

Sounds like all their other games.
Rinse & repeat. Just change the rules & the graphics a bit.

(Wallet stays in pocket)

shiznit

Coach
Sounds like all their other games.
Rinse & repeat. Just change the rules & the graphics a bit.

(Wallet stays in pocket)
:lol:

what an idiot...

your giving up on it without even playing it?? :lol:

it has its issues... but its by far the best Rugby/Rugby League game since JLR.

Special K

Coach
I got this for $59 from big w when they had the online sale... I liked the rugby league game on 360 better

Latest posts