What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

Gore

Juniors
I am pretty excited about this.. i feel like a decent fullback could put us back in the hunt for a decent year this year...

nrlnrl

First Grade
in case anyone forgets, the NRL will have to approve contract & conditions of his off-field behaviour / lifestyle before it's "official"

dragonv

Juniors
Basically getting what he got at the Raiders with us so a good deal for him if true. i.e. 650k vs 600k with us.

Minh

First Grade
Win win situation, if he stuffs up again it could be career over. On the other hand he would want to prove a point and could play some blinders. Great signing if approved.

nrlnrl

First Grade
cant understand why we would sign Dugan for one year only???

There are conflicting reports about the proposed contract. Some listing it as until the end of 2015.

It might actually be a case of a Friday press conference ( not sure when Dragons will lodge contract with NRL & how long the process takes to approve or reject )

TheRev

Coach
NRL360 said it would be announced ~Friday:
- 2013 only (possibly with option to extend)
- No Social media Clause in his contract
- Something about him living with Craig Young
- Start training next Monday

Good that its close, im a bit confused by the 1yr contract, since his value will go up if he actually goes any good.. but.. it also should keep him more hungry, they made a good point on the show that he has been lopping trees and stuff for cash since he still has an investment house etc.. thats the sort of stuff that helps you grow up ;-)

redbreed

Juniors
Surely it won't be a 1 year contract. The beauty of being in the position where in is that where the only club that can fit him in the cap. It would be diabolical to do this like giving Bennett a three year deal when he wanted five. If he plays well ever team will be lining up to sign him. It's not like clubs can't get out of contracts anyways.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I refuse to believe that, I reckon it is a 2.5 years deal, the two year been in our favor if he stays clean.

Last edited:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
NRL360 said it would be announced ~Friday:
- 2013 only (possibly with option to extend)
- No Social media Clause in his contract
- Something about him living with Craig Young
- Start training next Monday

Good that its close, im a bit confused by the 1yr contract, since his value will go up if he actually goes any good.. but.. it also should keep him more hungry, they made a good point on the show that he has been lopping trees and stuff for cash since he still has an investment house etc.. thats the sort of stuff that helps you grow up ;-)

It should be a 1 year deal with the option of 2 extra years to the Dragons not Dugan... If it's his option he can get back on track start carving it up and then jump ship for bigger money else where! That would suck and I have a feeling that will happen! :-(

saints4ever

First Grade
Im thinking the contract is for this year and if he doesn't f**k up he gets the next two. That would be why its in our favor I suppose