What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

blacksafake

First Grade
This would be my team for next year if signings go our way,

1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Charly Runciman
4. Gerard Beale
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Rangi Chase
8. Mike Cooper
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jack Stockwell
11. Ben Creagh
12. Joel Thompson
13. Trent Merrin
Interchange:
14. Bronson Harrison
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Dan Hunt
17. Cameron King

this team is without Michael Weyman, Matt Cooper, Matt Prior, and Nathan Fein who i think will be moving on or retiring.

Pretty good side especially the backs,strike power everywhere,not sure how the pom walks straight in. Been told he's only a plugger so give me prior, hunt or even weyman any day ahead of him

That team looks pretty good although from what I've seen of Frizzel so far this year, he would be one of the first forwards picked in the run on side. Just off the subject a bit, I wouldn't mind seeing VaiVai get a bit of time in the centres this year, seems impressive in the cutters !

nrlnrl

First Grade
That team looks pretty good although from what I've seen of Frizzel so far this year, he would be one of the first forwards picked in the run on side. Just off the subject a bit, I wouldn't mind seeing VaiVai get a bit of time in the centres this year, seems impressive in the cutters !

went ok last week against the worst team in the comp, needs to be tested against the better teams

Agreed re Wyong being a weak side, saw him in one of their other games, seems to have a bit of footwork and speed. Just can't see Chase Stanley ever scoring a long range try. (I realise VaiVai plays on the opposite side but surely he could adapt)

willzy91

Juniors
Pretty good side especially the backs,strike power everywhere,not sure how the pom walks straight in. Been told he's only a plugger so give me prior, hunt or even weyman any day ahead of him

i was watching a bit of footage of him recently, and he had decent go forward. He quite big as well, but i would definitely have him at least on the bench to start with. I just dont rate dan hunt anymore, he doesnt have the best go forward, and thats what we lack in the side atm.

blaza88z

Coach
I heard while he was painting a drop of paint hit him in the face and caused an acid on skin sort of reaction, out for 6 weeks

redbreed

Juniors
15 game deal seems to be suiting him more than the dragons imo. Gives him a opportunity to get his career back on track and get other clubs chasing him for 2014. He will probably end up at the Broncos next year where he originally wanted to go. When will this club ever learn.

hewi

Bench
You would have to think that the 2 years after the end of this season if he behaves would be an option in the clubs favour.

Puff

First Grade
15 game deal seems to be suiting him more than the dragons imo. Gives him a opportunity to get his career back on track and get other clubs chasing him for 2014. He will probably end up at the Broncos next year where he originally wanted to go. When will this club ever learn.

Like the fact that we got him, but you share my concerns

blaza88z

Coach
i'm interested to know what the contract is worth, considering he was on 600k a season at Canberra

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
The announcement we have all been waiting for that the Dragons will sign ex Canberra full back Josh Dugan for the rest of 2013 with a clause of "permission to tweet first". The club will then reveiw his position at the end of the 2013 season. Not expecting big improvements but at least we are heading in the right direction

BennyV

Referee
SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS. Give him 2 or so weeks to get his body right (something the Dragons are pretty damn good at - look at Gasnier, stacked on 9kgs in the month before making his comeback from France) and he will be looking to stick it to the haters, and will help us immensely.
All we need is a halfback and our recruiting for next year is complete!

blaza88z

Coach
Gerard Beale must be feeling good right about now, you'd have to think if all goes well more then likely Dugan will remain a dragon past this year, he came to the Dragons wanting to be fullback only, that is why he left Brisbane after all

poor bastard

Godz Illa

Coach
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...lcome-at-dragons/story-fnca0von-1226602896879

And while more than happy to leave the decision in the hands of Dragons management, Beale said he had no qualms about welcoming Dugan to the club.
"He has played Origin football. He has been in the All-Stars -- I mean anyone who has seen Josh when he is fit and going knows how good a player he can be," said Beale.
"I obviously don't know where discussions are at with the club, but if he is going to come here and wants to play and wants to be part of what the club is building here, then I think we would all love to have a guy like him here.
"I am part of a team here and I'll do whatever is best for the team. Right at the moment that is continuing to improve my play at fullback. I hope for his (Dugan's) sake he finds a new home soon. He is too good a player to be lost to the game."

blaza88z

Coach
well he's not going to say "I won't invite him to the club, I am the fullback not him" :lol:

Elias1983

Coach
Gerard Beale must be feeling good right about now, you'd have to think if all goes well more then likely Dugan will remain a dragon past this year, he came to the Dragons wanting to be fullback only, that is why he left Brisbane after all

poor bastard

He actually said fullback or centre when he signed with us.

So it may work out well.

Latest posts