What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints are developing a pretty damn good spine for 2014. Dugan, Widdop, Rangi and Rein. We should expect to see a more attractive style of footy. Can't wait.

If they can get into the 8 and get some finals footy experience under their belts they will be even better for next season. More so for Price as he has not coached in a finals game and it is a different ball game when it comes to footy. Will be a good learning experience.

Elias1983

Coach
I hope you guys have a good medical team at the dragons because that is where he will be spending most of his time.

Living in Canberra and going to most raiders games and having watched him many many times you will also see him clutching at some body part after every hit up he takes.

Maybe he can have his own medic by the side of him on the field?

Hahahahaha.

He still has to come here to comment because his own group have disowned him.

BennyV

Referee
Also on 2013, Dugen coming is really the only reason to justify not developing Quinlan earlier, he should have been playing at #1 for the cutters all season with Cummins out, but they persisted with Lett who was pointless, this has been ongoing one of my pet peeves with Price is that there seems to be no foresight or communication with Cutters selection.

Even with Dugen here, he does have injuries, and id definitely want to get Quinlan straight in if that does happen... Quin now has potentially a few months to work on his fullback skills & fitness in preparation.

I heard that there is not a lot of cohesion with the Cutters - Mary doesn't really have too much respect for Pricey perhaps? I dont know, but there is little comminucation.

willzy91

Juniors
Also on 2013, Dugen coming is really the only reason to justify not developing Quinlan earlier, he should have been playing at #1 for the cutters all season with Cummins out, but they persisted with Lett who was pointless, this has been ongoing one of my pet peeves with Price is that there seems to be no foresight or communication with Cutters selection.

Even with Dugen here, he does have injuries, and id definitely want to get Quinlan straight in if that does happen... Quin now has potentially a few months to work on his fullback skills & fitness in preparation.

I agree with developing Quinlin, not only skill wise but physically he really needs to strengthen up if he wants to make that step into first grade.

BradMackay

Juniors
Where does this leave E Cummins? Maybe he will want to sign with a team where he has a better chance of being first grade FB

st.phil

Bench
Where does this leave E Cummins? Maybe he will want to sign with a team where he has a better chance of being first grade FB

Can't plan your future around a guy who has missed as many games as he has. I hope he stays around and get's a shot in the 17 somewhere...but Dugan in full flight is more than we have seen from Cummins at this stage.

willzy91

Juniors

Yeah i agree, its a bit like beale this year, its unfortunate that he has been cursed with injury after injury last year and this year which means he might be missing the boat when it comes to playing first grade at the dragons. He would have received his chance this year i believe when beale got injured.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I hope you guys have a good medical team at the dragons because that is where he will be spending most of his time.

Living in Canberra and going to most raiders games and having watched him many many times you will also see him clutching at some body part after every hit up he takes.

Maybe he can have his own medic by the side of him on the field?

Lol you stupid dope. Try keeping Hodges on the park first before ranting your stupid opinion in hear. Hodges is out again. You dope you dont no what ya talking about.

TheRev

Coach
Yeah Cummins is still young and frankly barely put a consistent period on the field without injury, he will easily force a spot in next 1-2 years if he can stay fit...

Mr Red

First Grade
Beale can slot into centre - did play there for NZ! I mean, him and Stanley may not be the flashiest of players, you can't expect to score a jennings, morris, hodges at this stage, and these 2 guys are very competent, have good footwork and best of all, have the hands to set up our world-class wingers. Plus we have Vaivai and Runciman as backup. While a new centre would go down well, it wouldnt be the end of the world if we end up with Beale/Stanley combo next year outside of Widdop and Chase/Williams.

as per my original comment - depending on Cooper retiring.
i have Beale pencilled in at right centre so we can get rid of Stanley.
If Cooper plays on it will be Cooper and Beale.
If Cooper retires we need a left centre.

Godz Illa

Coach
Good news Mr Red. Chase Stanley is actually a natural left centre. He's played there in first grade before, in fact they comprise his best performances in the top grade.

mighty v

Juniors
Since Josh is a social media fan ,thought id start a welcome aboard thread so he can read from us fans

Personally speaking mate ,welcome aboard ,your gonna love wearing the RED V ,and more so ,you aint seen fans like us

Be proud wearing the jersey mate ,and enjoy the ride

For the rest of us ,heres a snippet of what we will enjoy watching for hopefully years to come

BRING IT ON !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxWeE9-hqL0

dragonv

Juniors
I would also give a shout out to my grandma in case she's reading this. she loves social media. Love you Gran!

Mr Red

First Grade
Good news Mr Red. Chase Stanley is actually a natural left centre. He's played there in first grade before, in fact they comprise his best performances in the top grade.

LOL.. good news?
so it will be the left side leaking points from 2014 with Stanleys "deer in headlights" approach to reading attack?

mighty v

Juniors
ps JOSH

Your old man would be proud ,and one thing to never forget mate ,US SAINTS supporters have got ya back !!

bottle

Coach
Since Josh is a social media fan ,thought id start a welcome aboard thread so he can read from us fans

Personally speaking mate ,welcome aboard ,your gonna love wearing the RED V ,and more so ,you aint seen fans like us

Be proud wearing the jersey mate ,and enjoy the ride

For the rest of us ,heres a snippet of what we will enjoy watching for hopefully years to come

BRING IT ON !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxWeE9-hqL0

That's for sure. f**k up once and some on here will make the Canberra fans look like acolytes in comparison. Good luck.

TheRev

Coach
Really? That is good to know, honestly I know some players seem so skilled they can play anywhere, but every time I see guys like Nightingale and Morris etc put on the wrong side of the field, they lose all their fine touches.. I imagine its virtually like muscle memory, you perfect everything based around the sideline position and you defend on auto-pilot.. its why I hate when Brett/Josh Morris get split up for rep footy, they should both be on the left.

Having said that, this is Chase's 2nd season at Right Centre, I wonder at what point it becomes your natural side?

mighty v

Juniors
Hey Mods..Could have left it as its own thread so the bloke dosent have to ready thru 48 pages

Anyway ..

Pugzley

Hey...congrats on the signing. Dugan and the Dragon's really fit well together. They're both dickheads. :D