What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

This is exactly what I was thinking - why would they bump up his salary (and only just recently mind you) if he has been behaving this way for a while? Wouldn't they have noticed this earlier on and built something into the contract to control this sort of behaviour? It makes no sense to reward it.
you'd have to say raiders managment were part of the problem then?i think we get him he knows he would be on his last chance hes got strong personalities at the club to guide him and the upside outweighs the downside in my opinion but i would'nt muck beale around as that would be a low act put dugan in the centres!

I don't know if it'll work out, I think a rift could potentially happen between Dugan & Dousty after several arguments over what to drink in the coaches box Crownies or Cruisers and let's face it Doust would not be willing to fork out money for both.
duges will have to tow the party line and drink crownies!lol

Big Man you stupid f**k I hate Dugan did I say I wanted him at the club piss of back to doley central with all the other toothless wankers they call Bunnies fans.

jenninga

First Grade
From all reports Dugan is a sook and has a great sense of entitlement, plus he's injury prone.

That being said, his All Stars and Origin performances have shown he is a big game player. He's the kind of guy that will stand up when the game's on the line, he's a game breaker and he could win you a Premiership.

But he also has the potential to destabilise an entire squad, like what's happened at the Raiders.

But it's worth noting his first child is due in a few months. This is life changing and could potentially turn him right around and get his head out of the clouds a little.

I'd love to sign him, but I don't think we'll be able to get him, especially if Bulldogs and Roosters are sniffing around with their bottomless salary caps.
Apparently many of the Raiders members are relieved that he is gone.We don't hear half of it,however i heard the same thing about Carney and he has grown up a little so perhaps a change of scenery might be good .

hardbaby

Coach
He can change. We need players with a high skill set. And unlike many other potential signings, the geographical location isn't an issue. Silly not to sign him.

A closeknit community knows what is happening,we don't hear half of it.
dont get me wrong i want us to sign him as i think he'll be a good addition and add some ball playing ability to our squad i just hope they don't burn beale at the expense of dugan thats all!

Minh

First Grade
I would keep Beale at fullback he deserves his spot there and looks the goods.

CarssDragon

Juniors
you'd have to say raiders managment were part of the problem then?i think we get him he knows he would be on his last chance hes got strong personalities at the club to guide him and the upside outweighs the downside in my opinion but i would'nt muck beale around as that would be a low act put dugan in the centres!

I'd assumed the club is interested in him as a running 5/8 (he has all the skills) rather than fullback or centre? I'd be more concerned to see King miss the opportunity if club/coach is thinking that way.

Either way, suspect he wouldn't come cheap and hope the club is only interested in turning him around as a long term replacement in 6 or 4. Would hate to see them pick him up just because he's available without a clear plan (seen this too often since uncle Wayne left)

I'd assumed the club is interested in him as a running 5/8 (he has all the skills) rather than fullback or centre? I'd be more concerned to see King miss the opportunity if club/coach is thinking that way.

Either way, suspect he wouldn't come cheap and hope the club is only interested in turning him around as a long term replacement in 6 or 4. Would hate to see them pick him up just because he's available without a clear plan (seen this too often since uncle Wayne left)
how about king to halfback and dugan to 5/8 soward to cutters

CarssDragon

Juniors
Also have to consider the resources required to bring him good. We have the people internally to do this (at their expense - time mostly) but would want a very in-depth understanding of his problems first. Could run deeper. I would expect more than "sorry I acted like a fwit at Canberra, but got stuff sorted now" press conference we've seen so many times. Full disclosure of what he's been up to, who inked him up, psych testing etc before forking out the $500K+ he'd want

CarssDragon

Juniors
how about king to halfback and dugan to 5/8 soward to cutters

Would hate to see another club field a duo like this, but cann't dump Soward so soon. While he looks unwilling/unable to create opportunities, his kicking game could be the foundation we need this year to maintain respect this year at least. A load of merit in Soward/King, Soward/Drinkwater, Drinkwater/King, Dugan/Drinkwater (whatever combo) but just need to take care that responsibilities are allocated correctly.

jezmond

Juniors
A big no from me, really don't like the guy also would have a very negative effect on the club.

Fullback isn't our primary problem at the moment, halves are.

Changed my mind after tonight no matter how big of a dickhead the kid is, he would help us score some much needed points.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Plus you will be able to sign him to a short term contract for chump change. He would have been told by his manager to expect a much much smaller contract at first.

Outside of the fact he is a giant dickhead if the contracts reasonable enough in your favour you guys don't really lose unless he becomes a poison straight away.

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Beale
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Fien

Looks decent but I really am on the fence about the whole thing there is definetley pros and cons if we sign him. I think pros would be we need an immediate x-factor and he has it. Cons would be that Cummins although not an NRL proven star would almost certainley leave if were to sign him and Dugan obviously has pancake batter for brain, a bad attitude and could be a very bad egg to have around.

Latest posts