What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

Ben4214

Juniors
I hope that he is locked into this 2 yr contract after the initial 15 weeks, because I can see him playing amazing and being picked up by the ponies

FundyDragon

Bench
Hope it's the rest of this year plus 2 years in our favour. Our clubs great culture can get this bloke back on track. Come on Doust you are on a roll at the moment finalise this deal so we can see him in the Red V.

jenninga

First Grade
15 game deal seems to be suiting him more than the dragons imo. Gives him a opportunity to get his career back on track and get other clubs chasing him for 2014. He will probably end up at the Broncos next year where he originally wanted to go. When will this club ever learn.
Why,we need a fullback,albeit a talented fullback and we have him for the season.Beale is back next year so if he doesn't want to play on with us ,no big deal.
Why don't you look on the flip side ,he may WANT to stay with us,I say well done to the club as it is a win win at the moment.

blaza88z

Coach
I don't understand the "in the clubs favour" terminology, I understand that means it is up to the club whether they keep him or not but surely if he wanted to go somewhere else he would have that option available to him in this situation given the contract is only for this year

redbreed

Juniors
Why,we need a fullback,albeit a talented fullback and we have him for the season.Beale is back next year so if he doesn't want to play on with us ,no big deal.
Why don't you look on the flip side ,he may WANT to stay with us,I say well done to the club as it is a win win at the moment.

You could well be right but it would be nice to have our roster sorted for the next couple of years and try to win another premiership. I think beale is a good player but Dugan is alot better and on his day is definitely one of the best fullbacks in the world. Beale can play centre, Dugan to fb and within two years with the right halfback we can be front runners again.

Mr Red

First Grade
SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS. Give him 2 or so weeks to get his body right (something the Dragons are pretty damn good at - look at Gasnier, stacked on 9kgs in the month before making his comeback from France) and he will be looking to stick it to the haters, and will help us immensely.
All we need is a halfback and our recruiting for next year is complete!

we still need a centre depending on Cooper retiring..

Mr Red

First Grade
Okay so now that Josh is a Saint.

Dugan > Hayne

anyone else agree with this?

i agreed with that even when Dugan was a raider... just a tad more injury prone though... but at their best Dugan is far better then Hayne.

TheRev

Coach
Rangi + Dugen gives us a slim chance in 2013, it makes things interesting... Price would have to have us playing close to our best though, definitely up against it in the forwards in particular and our 2 centres.

BennyV

Referee
we still need a centre depending on Cooper retiring..

Beale can slot into centre - did play there for NZ! I mean, him and Stanley may not be the flashiest of players, you can't expect to score a jennings, morris, hodges at this stage, and these 2 guys are very competent, have good footwork and best of all, have the hands to set up our world-class wingers. Plus we have Vaivai and Runciman as backup. While a new centre would go down well, it wouldnt be the end of the world if we end up with Beale/Stanley combo next year outside of Widdop and Chase/Williams.

broncos2010

Juniors
I hope you guys have a good medical team at the dragons because that is where he will be spending most of his time.

Living in Canberra and going to most raiders games and having watched him many many times you will also see him clutching at some body part after every hit up he takes.

Maybe he can have his own medic by the side of him on the field?

topherzammit

Juniors
I hope you guys have a good medical team at the dragons because that is where he will be spending most of his time.

Living in Canberra and going to most raiders games and having watched him many many times you will also see him clutching at some body part after every hit up he takes.

Thanx for ur concern

TheRev

Coach
Also on 2013, Dugen coming is really the only reason to justify not developing Quinlan earlier, he should have been playing at #1 for the cutters all season with Cummins out, but they persisted with Lett who was pointless, this has been ongoing one of my pet peeves with Price is that there seems to be no foresight or communication with Cutters selection.

Even with Dugen here, he does have injuries, and id definitely want to get Quinlan straight in if that does happen... Quin now has potentially a few months to work on his fullback skills & fitness in preparation.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade

The sook is back