What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

Wittenberg

Juniors
Agree that if the length of the contract is the sticking point then we need to extend our offer, mind you Tyson has been used poorly by our esteemed coach and if Frizz is constantly asked to run the ball back into the middle of the ruck his longevity might come into question. Fittler showed how and where Tyson can make the most impact in a game.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Agree that if the length of the contract is the sticking point then we need to extend our offer, mind you Tyson has been used poorly by our esteemed coach and if Frizz is constantly asked to run the ball back into the middle his longevity might come into question. Fittler showed how and where Tyson can make the most impact ina game.

possm

Coach
I have heard the total opposite, Frizells missus is mates with JDB's missus and they are still together for a start. McInnes has publicly come out and said if he is captain he will support JDB and he wants the new CEO to do the same. Friz is mates with Jack and that is a rubbish rumour started by "journalists" to push an agenda which is sell papers. Frizell is pissed off they have not offered him a longer term deal that's where it ends. With Graham leaving that coin will swing straight his way if they have any brains.
Frizell's and Graham's contract conclude at the end of 2020. There is nothing stoping Millward from extending Frizell's contract now: even if he has to use some of the cap left over from Graham.

The JDB issue is the one that will effect the SGI salary cap in 2020. If he is acquitted, there will be no spare cap for 2020 and if JDB's contract is extended, I imagine we would have to lose one out of our forward squad to accommodate JDB for 2021 and beyond.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Frizell's and Graham's contract conclude at the end of 2020. There is nothing stoping Millward from extending Frizell's contract now: even if he has to use some of the cap left over from Graham.

The JDB issue is the one that will effect the SGI salary cap in 2020. If he is acquitted, there will be no spare cap for 2020 and if JDB's contract is extended, I imagine we would have to lose one out of our forward squad to accommodate JDB.

Of Course...and how do you know we are not negotiating already ? Issue is not millward...How many times do you need to be told...Seriously ....possm...get over it...build a Bridge and move on.

Crush

Coach
I don't mind an opinion about Millward such as hes doing a shit job or he shouldn't have signed this bloke etc but what does my head in is statements such as this "there is nothing stopping Millward from extending Frizzell now"
HOW DO YOU KNOW?

This Year?

Immortal
I think it would be cruel to keep him. He literally busted a nut for us and gets rewarded for it by being made to waste his skills to be used as a prop. If his form continues the downward spiral from 2019 he probably will end up getting overlooked for rep footy.

epDragon62

First Grade
I think it would be cruel to keep him. He literally busted a nut for us and gets rewarded for it by being made to waste his skills to be used as a prop. If his form continues the downward spiral from 2019 he probably will end up getting overlooked for rep footy.
He performs well in rep footy because he is used well - don’t think he is in danger of losing his spot.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
The length of the contract for a player like Friz and the money he wants pa is a genuinely tough call

For one reason only in that he is a bit like Dean young in that they give u everything but they are busted most of the week off legs and managing a serious chronic injury that could prevent them seeing out the length of the contract

Id be reluctant to do more then 3 years at the $700k pa otherwise it jeopardises our sal cap and money we can spend to impact games via quality players in other positions on the field

BLM01

First Grade
The length of the contract for a player like Friz and the money he wants pa is a genuinely tough call

For one reason only in that he is a bit like Dean young in that they give u everything but they are busted most of the week off legs and managing a serious chronic injury that could prevent them seeing out the length of the contract

Id be reluctant to do more then 3 years at the $700k pa otherwise it jeopardises our sal cap and money we can spend to impact games via quality players in other positions on the field

700K pa is way below market value for a player of his standing in the game. James tamou and merrin signed for Penrith for that money +. You would need to have 3rd parties above that.
i dont agree with the market but that is the way it is. Vaughan on about that now as a prop
Burgess was on over 1 mill..especially when he retired....Arrow reportiedly getting between 800-900. Taumalolo over 1 mill
Klemmer signed for over a 1 mill a season
You get my drift.

possm

Coach
Of Course...and how do you know we are not negotiating already ? Issue is not millward...How many times do you need to be told...Seriously ....possm...get over it...build a Bridge and move on.
You may be shocked to hear that I do not agree with your passionate support of Millward. From where I sit, his appointment was arranged via a backroom old boys club deal; the type of event I would like to see the rid of.

In my opinion Mary is the worst coach ever to be appointed by the Dragons however, there are a few on here that want to provide cover for Millward by shifting blame upon Mary. Mary, Millward and the Board need to be held accountable for their failings, even if it is via the rant of an old Possm and a few other sensible members on this forum

Just because some on here say Millward is doing a good job, doesn't necessarily mean he is.

getsmarty

Immortal
You may be shocked to hear that I do not agree with your passionate support of Millward. From where I sit, his appointment was arranged via a backroom old boys club deal; the type of event I would like to see the rid of.

In my opinion Mary is the worst coach ever to be appointed by the Dragons however, there are a few on here that want to provide cover for Millward by shifting blame upon Mary. Mary, Millward and the Board need to be held accountable for their failings, even if it is via the rant of an old Possm and a few other sensible members on this forum

Just because some on here say Millward is doing a good job, doesn't necessarily mean he is.

Making stuff up again possm....People who do business with him speak well of him....Just because you have an opinion based on ZERO factual evidence , does not make you "Sensible "...in fact its the polar opposite...have a Good evening..& Happy New Year possm.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Making stuff up again possm....People who do business with him speak well of him....Just because you have an opinion based on ZERO factual evidence , does not make you "Sensible "...in fact its the polar opposite...have a Good evening..& Happy New Year possm.
Oh dear Getsmarty! I suppose it is good to be able to see the bright side of people however believe me, you will come to wish Millward gone in the same way you now wish Mary gone.

I small example is Frizell. A good retention officer would have him signed up by now. He needs to be made a priority signing for 2021 and beyond. Room must be made to retain him. If JDB wins his legal battle, it might mean letting one of our bench forwards go and promoting a youngster like Ford to the bench.

Frizell is our best forward right now and when he begins to slow up a little, he is a natural to move to the middle. I say give him a four year deal at a fair salary that is very close to what he is asking for.

Most importantly give Mary notice and confidentially let Frizell know that Shephard/Flanagan will be his new coach in 2021.