What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Inu, T.Smith & Mateo for Life

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
IMO ive heard this said by a few coaches and i believe its true....currently we got an ok first grade team and a very good reserve grade team.
Its believed the only way to be competitive is to have a very strong first grade team and a weak reserve grade team....meaning ur spending alot less for the fringe first graders, but alot for the top 17.

Of course it will test our depth with injuries, but a fully fit team means that ur chance of winning the premership at the end of year will increase drimatically

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Who said i was? i said it before rd 1.

and we didn't stamp our authority than either..come and see me when we beat Manly, Melbourne, a full strength Cowboys and an inform Broncos..than i'll give it some thought. ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
and we didn't stamp our authority than either..come and see me when we beat Manly, Melbourne, a full strength Cowboys and an inform Broncos..than i'll give it some thought. ;-)
Exactly my point.

We don't have to beat anyone of any significance untill we reach the 8, then i'm confident we'll see these players really step up and the team for that matter.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Exactly my point.

We don't have to beat anyone of any significance untill we reach the 8, then i'm confident we'll see these players really step up and the team for that matter.

you're not getting me excited Ron ;-) the only thing I'm thinking about is the Warriors anything beyond that would be silly imo.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
you're not getting me excited Ron ;-) the only thing I'm thinking about is the Warriors anything beyond that would be silly imo.

eela, see that's where you & I are different. You take a game at a time, i look at the bigger picture, and you know i'm always right;-)

Warriors will be tough, i'm confident we can get them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
eela, see that's where you & I are different. You take a game at a time, i look at the bigger picture, and you know i'm always right;-)

Warriors will be tough, i'm confident we can get them.

yes Ron :roll:

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
IMO ive heard this said by a few coaches and i believe its true....currently we got an ok first grade team and a very good reserve grade team.
Its believed the only way to be competitive is to have a very strong first grade team and a weak reserve grade team....meaning ur spending alot less for the fringe first graders, but alot for the top 17.

Of course it will test our depth with injuries, but a fully fit team means that ur chance of winning the premership at the end of year will increase drimatically

Roy Masters reckons Parramatta has two excellent reserve grade teams.

caylo

Bench
I tend to agree with ron, its the players jobs to look at next week, my job to look as far as i wish to, let it be next year or ten years from now... if fans were meant to be so mellow, and uncritical, then we would have no media.

Bigfella

Coach
Both of which are better than Dragons 1st grade team

Actually Roy is now a Storm fan.

He lives in Melbourne and as the Storm are desperate for publicity they give him enormous access to their players and training and function.

In response, he seems to have avoided any criticism of their players, management or coaching staff.

Not that he will ever admit that they are better than St George mid-80's or Wests late 70's but they are his team now.

And he still hates Parra since Guru's matchwinning try against St George in the major semi of 1984...

Bigfella

Coach
Both of which are better than Dragons 1st grade team

Actually Roy is now a Storm fan.

He lives in Melbourne and as the Storm are desperate for publicity they give him enormous access to their players and training and function.

In response, he seems to have avoided any criticism of their players, management or coaching staff.

Not that he will ever admit that they are better than St George mid-80's or Wests late 70's but they are his team now.

And he still hates Parra since Guru's matchwinning try against St George in the major semi of 1984...

Mind you, if Bob Fulton can hate us that long I guess Roy can too...

Pricey73

Juniors
Mareo has been offered a large contract from Manly and Parra cant match it so I hate to say it but i think it will be by by to Mateo which really sucks...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pricey73 said:
Mareo has been offered a large contract from Manly and Parra cant match it so I hate to say it but i think it will be by by to Mateo which really sucks...

it's not all over yet mate....;-)

RainMan

Juniors
Pricey73 said:

Not stirring the pot but I haven't seen anything at all (in the media) to suggest Manly are seriously chasing Mateo? I don't read the papers every day, so unless there has been something recently to suggest otherwise?