What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Inu, T.Smith & Mateo for Life

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
I dont think it's mathematically possible to keep all our players either.

It could be a good thing releasing PJ.

I think it is possible...but there's always going to be better offers elase where and that brings me to Cardinals post

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
The thing is you do not always have to match the offers, time and time again players will stay at a club for less money. It may be they want to stay with their mates (who they have come through the juniors with) it may be they are very happy with their current coach, or they feel some loyalty and emotional attachment to the club. If someone was offered $100000 more in the workplace they would usally be out the door, but history shows in NRL and AFL players will regualy knock back more money to stay put. With the young group of outstanding players all coming through together I don't think we will see to many leaving. Premierships are still what the players want to win and these guys know if they stick together they are going to be succesfull.

Absolutely and I hope that this is the case..

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
I think it is possible...but there's always going to be better offers elase where and that brings me to Cardinals post

I hope your right.

And I'm hoping a few of our boys will show some loyalty and repay the faith by signing up. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
I hope your right.

And I'm hoping a few of our boys will show some loyalty and repay the faith by signing up. ;-)

as someone at the club said to me - it's difficult but not Hopeless

El Diablo

Post Whore
i thought loyalty was dead in Rugby League. sometimes it's the clubs that don't seem to show it and other times it's the players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
i thought loyalty was dead in Rugby League. sometimes it's the clubs that don't seem to show it and other times it's the players.

rare as hens teeth, these days...as you said it's either club or player.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
guys, i think many of us are getting way to carried away with this. Mateo, timmy and inu have been in talks with the club for while now and should all be re-signing very soon, and as someone on here already mentioned, someone has re-signed already for 2 years, im guessing its tim smith.
Mateo and inu have been quoted as saying they want to stay at parra, i think they are way more important than blake green, while green is a good player i dont see him as a superstar of the future, where as timmy, inu and mateo are, we have funds for these players, we have enough room under that cap dont worry

Bazal

Post Whore
I would like to see Green kept, he is a talent and I think his game complements Tim very well. Whilst Keating is certainly a talent in his own right, I think Green is better suited to be our PL five-eighth or half and first choice back up for first grade for a few more years

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
in the end im sure you would be very happy if keating were our future 5/8, if it meant that we let green go to keep inu and mateo?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bazal said:
Let's just say I'm glad I'm not the one with that call to make...

I'd like to think that management are in a position the make difficult but right decisions, but sometimes the decision is already made for them ;-)

eel4life

Juniors
This is why i believe Hagan is good for us in the short term and long term.

http://www.blacktownadvocate.com.au/article/2006/09/19/660_sports.html

This was from last year ..

Thanks to coaches

19Sep06

AS the Parramatta Eels spotlight switches to the Premier League team's bid for a grand final berth, in-form young gun Feleti Mateo is pumped about his NRL prospects next year.

Mateo, a former Lalor Park junior and Terra Sancta College student, made his debut in the 2004 season in the same game as fellow 19-year-old Ben Smith.

While Smith's now a regular, Mateo hasn't added to that single appearance.

Before re-signing midway through this season, the 21-year-old received an encouraging phone call from Eels 2007 coach Michael Hagan.

"He said what things are going to be like next year and it sounds pretty exciting, what's going to be happening,'' Mateo said.

"I've heard from other people as well what he's like. He likes to give young boys a chance.

"Even just talking to him made me more confident, rather than going to start training without even knowing him.''

####

Hagan last year has given this kid confidence and more importantly Tim Smith and the rest of them are getting better this year.

This year reminds me of how 2000 was.

Stagger eel

Staff member
i can tell you now if Feleti leaves it definitely won't be because off the coach, I've heard him talk him up a few times.

eel4life

Juniors
eelavation said:
i can tell you now if Feleti leaves it definitely won't be because off the coach, I've heard him talk him up a few times.

My thoughts exactly, Hagan is a good bloke and at the end of the day i like what i have seen so far, except taking penalty shots all the time, but look at how many young kids have had a shot so far this year.

:crazy:

El Diablo

Post Whore
eelavation said:

the more you post stuff like that the more i think he's gone

could be misinterpreting you though

emjaycee

Coach
Players come and players go - all for different reasons.
Some for money, some for location, some for the opportunity some for reasons we may never know or understand.

All we as supporters can do is cheer and support the 17 that run onto the field each week and hope they are still running out there in late September.

caylo

Bench
Timmy, Inu and Mateo are the current day Johns, Tahu and Hindmarsh. We must keep these player, I am not a fan of comparing players, and i don't mean they are similar players even, just they will be as important to the team and comp as these players have been. We can not let the go, if it means Green and Marsh is released, so be it. Mateo showed the X factor people have talk about, and Inu is a terrific talent. With the likes of Cayless, Hindy, Hayne, Riddell, Grothe and Smith, we will push for the trophy at the end of the year. After just watching the game, Mateo should start next week with Hindy, no doubt.

parra pete

Referee
Caylo, your posts make a lot more sense now that you are using spell check. I enjoy reading them because you obviously put plenty of thought into them
I don't consider the Eels a premiership threat just yet, but with blokes like Fui and Tahu to come back fit we have the talent to be a contender in what is, apart from the Storm, a pretty ordinary field.
Too many teams = not enough talent to go around. Every Club has a weakness somewhere (except Melbourne imo).
The Eels have weakness too, but good depth.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We have the talent to win the premiership, i said it at the start of the year if Inu & Feleti and a few others show promise we'll be right up there providing we dont get injuries, i'm pretty confident.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
We have the talent to win the premiership, i said it at the start of the year if Inu & Feleti and a few others show promise we'll be right up there providing we dont get injuries, i'm pretty confident.

we've yet to stamp our authority Ron, don't get caught up with beating a side that had 10 players out.

Latest posts