What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signed & Unsigned Players for next season

Misanthrope

Staff member
We can afford to sign them, CCGenerals, because the salary cap is only for Newcastle's top 25- which has been all but finalised now. Anyone else comes out of the club's money, but does not count towards the salary cap. The likes of Royal, Cooper, Campbell, and Hancock aren't top twenty five.

General Knight

Juniors
Whos in our top 25 then? I think we lost 6-7 players this year in the top 25. So some of the guys we bought must be in the top. Im a little worried knowing how imcompetent the knights admin are that we might go over the salary cap thats all. But if these guys are not in the top 25 then we must be paying them next to nothing.

roopy

Referee
Most of these guys are 'last chance saloon' guys. I think Hagan is attracting guys like this because he has proven that he will give guys a chance by using Carmont, Seage, Henderson and Hall in the top grade.
These are all guys that have not made the grade, but think they still have what it takes and are wanting to put in the effort to prove themselves. They won't be on much money, but they would all hope for an upgrade next season.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Henderson would be a big loss IMO. That game he played against the roosters was amazing. One of our best players. To be able to do that with so little experience, it tells you he has ability.

roopy

Referee
Henderson has a big heart, but very few skills. He rarely passes the ball, and he is just fast enough to play winger - only just.

Vicious

Bench
Whats the story with Scott Briggs???I noticed that he hasn`t been resigned as yet.Anyone know if he will be staying or going???

Brendon

Juniors
Rumour goin round that Thomas Leulaui may be heading to Newcastle, apparently its out of manly, souths or Newcastle. Dunno how true it is though...personally I would rather Dorn

Matt23

Staff member
I'm not so sure about Dorn, his defence still needs a lot of attention.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thomas Leullai is probably a better option than Dorn. Both are good natural footballers, but Leullai's extra experience would be a huge boost. His lack of form at NZ this year wasn't entirely his fault. The entire side struggled this year, and he's proved before that he's a dangerous ball runner and playmaker.

thuganomics

Coach
I havn't seen dorn Play in ages, im looking foward to Sunday so i can see how he goes in PL. After that match I will tell you who I would perfer.

chinorocks

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorn go back to Manly...they'll be after a 5/8 now that Walker has gone.