What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Simply not good enough': Annesley tells refs to lift their game

The Bye

Juniors
Only if the same treatment is given out to players and coaches straight after the game. Refs make mistakes, players make mistakes, coaches make mistakes. Such is life.
Do players and coaches not front up to the media post game already??

Officials are a protected species because the Not National Rugby League know they’d get absolutely hammered if they ever had to answer for their actions.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do players and coaches not front up to the media post game already??

Officials are a protected species because the Not National Rugby League know they’d get absolutely hammered if they ever had to answer for their actions.

They dont get asked “so when you dropped the ball over the line and cost your team the game why did you stuff it up?”

The Bye

Juniors
They dont get asked “so when you dropped the ball over the line and cost your team the game why did you stuff it up?”
Bullshit. Watch the Connor Watson interview last week after he cost Newcastle the win against the Warriors. He was on field and immediately fronted up for an interview. The least the officials could do for killing this game is the same thing.

mave

Coach
He said that Moses Suli didn't knock on for Manly's first try so that's all you really need to know about the quality of the content.

Did he say anything about Souths extraordinary ability to be 100% onside for the entire 80 minutes?

Or how DCE and Cust had acts of foul play on them without a even so much as a penalty against the offenders?

I wont hold my breath.

T-Boon

Coach
Bullshit. Watch the Connor Watson interview last week after he cost Newcastle the win against the Warriors. He was on field and immediately fronted up for an interview. The least the officials could do for killing this game is the same thing.

Settle down, how are the refs killing the game?
It is cheating coaches like Bellamy and players making life impossible for refs plus commentators with nothing else they can think of to talk about except harping on about referees decisions.

The difference between connor watson and the refs is who would want to be a ref in this dead beat league. I am amazed thet still put their hands up to do the job.
What are you suggesting? Get the players to ref themselves?

T-Boon

Coach
the reason people are more upset by refereeing standards year in year out is because they are becomming the most important player on the field through no fault of their own. Coaches want completions and no risks. So opportunities are created by the refs giving penalties. Otherwise the score would be nil all every week.

mave

Coach

Wildly ridiculous inconsistency is worse for the game than any specific referee decision.

You dont see it in Canterbury Cup, or the local A grade....why do we see it in the NRL ?

mave

Coach
the reason people are more upset by refereeing standards year in year out is because they are becomming the most important player on the field through no fault of their own. Coaches want completions and no risks. So opportunities are created by the refs giving penalties. Otherwise the score would be nil all every week.

Artificially slowing down the ruck would solve a lot of problems....but fans seem to love the touch footy these days.

The Bye

Juniors
It is cheating coaches like Bellamy and players making life impossible for refs plus commentators with nothing else they can think of to talk about except harping on about referees decisions.

The difference between connor watson and the refs is who would want to be a ref in this dead beat league. I am amazed thet still put their hands up to do the job.
What are you suggesting? Get the players to ref themselves?
Do you get television in Papua New Guinea to be able to watch the standard of officiating papu? It is atrocious. It is inconsistent and it has far too much bearing on the result of a match. Fans are sick of seeing matches decided by the dweebs with the whistle and as a result crowds are on the decline. The officiating is that bad that NRL have had to schedule in a weekly press conference to explain all the incorrect decisions their buffoons made over the weekend.

But nah you’re right, it’s the players putting their hands out of touch while scoring a try (Maumalo try) or putting the the ball down legitimately inside the field of play (Maumalo no try v knights) that are making it difficult for the officials. f**king spare me.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He said that Moses Suli didn't knock on for Manly's first try so that's all you really need to know about the quality of the content.

The ridiculous thing about that is that they blow the whistle pretty much as soon as a ball hits the ground these days, even if it goes 2ms backwards. This was a blatant knock on yet they somehow let it go.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Deserved.

Refused to say that they cost the Warriors the game though. And he’s right in a sense. But we all know that they did.
I'll never understand rusted on fans who claim something "cost them the game".

Unless it was the last call of the game and the siren had already gone (and even then, WTF was your side doing to not be leading already, why did countless errors not cost you the game etc?) then it didn't cost you the game, just that try.

Knowing the Warriors they would've dropped the kickoff and Eels scored again.

forby

Juniors
Can somebody explain to me how a team can make finals 4 out of 5 years, but have a less than 25% win rate under one particular referee?
Doesn't make any logical sense. Statistically it should be around 50%!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can somebody explain to me how a team can make finals 4 out of 5 years, but have a less than 25% win rate under one particular referee?
Doesn't make any logical sense. Statistically it should be around 50%!
Statistically that is absolute rubbish lol.

crocodile

Bench

Unless it was the last call of the game and the siren had already gone (and even then, WTF was your side doing to not be leading already, why did countless errors not cost you the game etc?) then it didn't cost you the game, just that try.

It was forward.

Meth

Staff member

Piss off Timmah