What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater or Hayne

Slater vs Hayne

• Total voters

parraeelz

Juniors
Yes he did. Well it was off a kick return in a high pressure game, that will be better than anything Hayne could do. Remember his grand final last year?

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaa
yeaa because u watched that game didnt u hahahahahaa

mongoose

Coach
Slater for mine.

As to which fullback would make a better half, then it's Hayne, but thats not the question now is it.

I wonder if people would rate todd payten as a better front rower than shane webcke because todd has more ball playing ability.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Slater for mine.

As to which fullback would make a better half, then it's Hayne, but thats not the question now is it.

I wonder if people would rate todd payten as a better front rower than shane webcke because todd has more ball playing ability.

I doubt they would

HOWEVER

If Payten was a better runner of the football, broke the line more often, made less mistakes (could catch the bombs better), and was able to carry his team on his back then you'd think they'd have a pretty fair argument wouldn't they?

As to who would win a race over 40m out of Slater and Hayne - well frankly that's about the only area that it's worth debating anymore? Welcome to Rugby League seasons 2009 and 2010 mongoose - but Hayne is the 'Webcke' to Slaters 'Payton' the last 2 seasons.

LU will catch up soon.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Slater is all over Hayne as a fullback. Hayne is better in attack though. Once again Parramatta supporters acting like not rating Hayne as the best player ever is worse than insulting their beloved mother. Jesus guys get a grip you maniacs.

Dugan will be better than either of them :whistle

EDIT

My memory of Hayne this year is being stood up and made to look a clown by Joel Thompson who is a backrower :whistle:

And Dugan out playing him :whistle:

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
haha I was commending how good that was to a friend of mine and she asked me if it was better than Slater's in origin - definitely not. Slater is a freakish try saver - creative too, even if that means his methods become illegal, he is creative enough to find new ones

Overrating Slaters held up of Watmough much????

Only the most blinded of fans would fail to recognise that most of the blame for that 'held up' goes to Watmough - he had the ball in the wrong hand and casually approached the line - didn't attempt to go low and so got held up.
Slater did a great job to wrap himself around the ball, but the opportunity presented itself.

Hayne's tackle on Stagg is one of the greatest try denials in my memory. Stagg does everything right, get's down low and dives early but somehow finds himself touch in goal.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Dugan will be better than either of them :whistle

EDIT

My memory of Hayne this year is being stood up and made to look a clown by Joel Thompson who is a backrower :whistle:

And Dugan out playing him :whistle:

Dugan is playing better than Slater THIS SEASON mate.

Honestly, Slater can't live off his 2008 reputation for TOO much longer.
He turns up every now and then with an outstanding game - tends to do it in bigger games - but most games he's playing like the Luke Burt version of a fullback (chase the grubber through and get there because you're very quick, support the ball around the ruck and be non-existant for large parts of the game).

But Hayne has been better than Dugan all year - Hayne has just been consistently better - and then magnificent the last 3 games. Go watch some tape if you don't get it!

And yes, Joel Thompson should archive that footage - but everyone makes a mistake every now and then!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That hold up of Watmough was excellent. It is very difficult to hold up a player of Watmough's strength.

Hayne is caught out of position a lot. Especially for a fullback. It is one of the most important parts of his job. If he could be arsed defending in the line he would probably be the best 5/8th in the game but his defensive work at fullback is not as consistently good as Slater or even Dugan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-x53zDEXis

Now that is a try saving tackle

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The thing with Dugan is he is a better fullback than Hayne was at his age, so I always lol at the Parra lot bleating WAAAAHAH BGLLGLGL HAYNE IS YOUNGE RTHAN SLATER RARRRRRRRRRR

Interesting innit. Dugan is probably the best defensive fullback in the NRL, is really young and that is the hardest part of playing fullback

SDM

First Grade
The thing with Dugan is he is a better fullback than Hayne was at his age, so I always lol at the Parra lot bleating WAAAAHAH BGLLGLGL HAYNE IS YOUNGE RTHAN SLATER RARRRRRRRRRR

Interesting innit. Dugan is probably the best defensive fullback in the NRL, is really young and that is the hardest part of playing fullback

Hayne was playing for his State and Country at Dugans age.:lol:

Also nice link on your last post, what sort of team lets a prop run 50 and almost score from a dropout?

He'd try to bite Hayne's big toe off, would miss and then try to sweep his leg - would miss that too so would go for the big roundhouse elbow and miss that too.

Sucks to be Billy...

Not really....
Q.Who will have the NO 1 on their back for AUSTRALIA in the Four Nations?
A.The best FB in OZ ...BILLY SLATER.

Sucks to be Hayne.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Dugan is no better then Nathan Merrit, or a Sam Perret.

Hayne and Slater are that far above anyother fullback at the moment it isn't funny, personally i'd take Hayne as he doesn't have the cattle Slater does, plus has a better overall game.

Latest posts