What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Keating future on hold

84 Baby

Referee
Fully agree. "Lead" or otherwise, Robson is a grand final half back. KK on the other hand has yet to hold down a first grade spot let alone prove anything.

However, he's still our "long term" half or 5/8 remember........ From memory, since the 2001 grand final, our "long term" halves have included both Witts, Tim Smith, Hodgkinson, Maloney and KK (have I missed anyone?). Of them, other than Tim Smith, how many have even managed to hold down a permanent 1st grade position, let alone be the messiah? If nothing else, at least Robson has proven himself to be a worthy first grader, which is more than a lot of our child prodigies can say.
It's like asking someone out, it's pretty obvious people don't want to be hurt again if the prodigy doesn't become the greatest of all time so they go to plan B

Haynzy

First Grade
Robson: Lead us to a grand final.

Keating: Played good in Harold Matthews

and people are calling for Robson's head why?

I'm sorry mate but this line of thinking(?) is very strange.
Two totally unrelated statements used as proof for Keatings inability to be a first grade half?

Keating has looked the goods since 2008 when he had a very small amount of 1st grade. He was looking very good before his injury last year.

As much as Robson deserves a shot at half because of his role last year, Keating deserves a shot because of what he showed before his injury.

People calling for heads after one game are obviously suffering from a case of jerky knees, as are people writing off players after one game.

Whether it's Keating or Robson will come down to form and work ethic and Daniel Anderson's skills in reading players ability to play the way he wants.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Who watched the sharks game tonight ? Albert Kelly looks like he has bulked up !!!! looks like he has put on several kilos, but gee he looks out of place in the NRL. Looks like he thinks he is better then he is !!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I see plenty of potential in KK but to this date that is all he has shown in a disrupted and injury prone career. Robson will not be dropped. He played well against the Dragons. At this stage he deserves his spot. If anything all the pressure should be on Matt Keating. He was awful last Friday and it stood out like the proverbial in how much we miss Kingston.

Yep yep yep Avenger, and if I was coach I would be planning the current and future team around "attitude" and IF this is KK's attitude (as indicated in the press) or that he is just not strong enough to make sure those around him (like his manager) do not mess with his attitude, then its best he moves on.

Attitude equates to passion and confidence and self-esteem etc. As coach I will have my best chance to build a premiership outfit around players with all the required skills, fitness, bodies AROUND attitude.

Come on Kris lets see this "attitude" burn for the Eels. Long-term, your future with the Eels is all up to you... Take care of your attitude and your position in the team and the fictional $$$$$$ will be taken care of.

Prove your worth starting with a heart of gold.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I see plenty of potential in KK but to this date that is all he has shown in a disrupted and injury prone career. Robson will not be dropped. He played well against the Dragons. At this stage he deserves his spot. If anything all the pressure should be on Matt Keating. He was awful last Friday and it stood out like the proverbial in how much we miss Kingston.

I might add the Kingston carved up for Penrith in round 1.... Elliott has seen the light and is trying to snap up kingston on a longer deal

Real Eel

Juniors
Best comment ive read..... he was killing last year before the broken jaw

I am the biggest Keating fan in the world but even I laugh at that.

In the period when he was apparently killing it, we were languishing at the bottom of the table. It wasn't until Keating and Jeffson were promoted did we start our run.

stuke

Bench
DA brought KK along slowly last year, giving Robson the start immediately after Finch bailed out before introducing him inot games for longer periods of time. after todays game it seems like he may be going down the same path.

i'll trust DA on this one.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he looked sooooooooooooo much better at halfback than he does playing hooker

hineyrulz

Post Whore
KK looks twice the player in the halves than he does at hooker, Morts and Robson were terrible in attack today.

Latest posts