What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith 'damaging the code' & Worst in 60 years: Kenny

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Different situation guys.

These players are public property, whether they like it or not, and whether it is right or wrong.
Personally, I think they should have a private life, and what they get up to is their own business, but sadly, that isn't the case, and there is nothing they , nor we, can do about it.

Therefore, just f**king behave yourselves when you go out in public.
Surely it can't be that hard, can it?

Suity

well let em have that private life .... don't get all worked up over it when the papers publish it - just be able to see it for the very small thing each event is and go 'meh' ..... the media are only going to town with it cos of the way people (like us) are reacting to it - they don't get the reaction, then they won't bother.

why is timmy going out at 10pm on his week off something he shouldn't do? ... he is entitled to a life .... its not as if he planned to go out and stir up trouble - he was going out to a bar with his mate .... I think he needs a bit of sorting out/education as to how he handles situations if they arise - but that just comes with age, he's currently young and immature.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Freak2 said:
Be careful bagging Bert SD! especially when talking about protecting Tim Smith.

Tim is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the greatest No6 our club has had!!

Big C we are finally seeing eye to eye:shock: ;-)

Agree with the employment option or even better still University study.

i am not bagging Kenny at all but to me when the papers contact him for events re: Parra they are running low on news and ppl to talk about it

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
.... I think he needs a bit of sorting out/education as to how he handles situations if they arise -

He sure does.

And mate, I'm not getting worked up over it, I'm just sicking of seeing the club in the papers for the wrong reasons.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
He sure does.

And mate, I'm not getting worked up over it, I'm just sicking of seeing the club in the papers for the wrong reasons.

Suity
all i'm saying is it shouldn't be in the papers (or shouldn't be a major headline) .... see it for what it is, a non-event being beatup and just ignore it - there's no need to be "sick of our club in the papers" for nothing of any significance

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
all i'm saying is it shouldn't be in the papers (or shouldn't be a major headline) .... see it for what it is, a non-event being beatup and just ignore it - there's no need to be "sick of our club in the papers" for nothing of any significance

I agree it shouldn't be in the papers - sh*t like this happens hundreds of times every night in Sydney.
But the fact is, it is, and its not just Parra fans that read the papers. There are a lot of gullible people out there. Just look at the ratings that A Current Affair and Today Tonight get.
Regardless of how trivial you think these incidents are, they are not doing our club any good in the eye of the public.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
strider said:

If he didn't put himself in the situation in the first place, given recent circumstances, he wouldn't have made the back page. Blaming the papers for putting it there isn't the right way nor is dismissing it as a non-event.

strider

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
If he didn't put himself in the situation in the first place, given recent circumstances, he wouldn't have made the back page. Blaming the papers for putting it there isn't the right way nor is dismissing it as a non-event.
well I still think this particular incident IS a non-event

if timmy drinking/going out is affecting his performance on the field then the club needs to deal with it by whatever means it takes to make him perform better again .... I see that as a separate issue - if his mind is not on footy when it needs to be then help him get it back in order

Strider, you are right the Incident is a non-event.

But it's media coverage is not, it is 2 days of full page articles not just in the tabloid but in the Paper of Record, the SMH.

What Tim and the rest of Parramatta need to realise is that they are still in the public eye, and when they go with mates to anywhere in public, they are on show and need to be on not just their's but best behaviour, but behaviour accustom to what they become, the public face of this club.

It makes me sad to think, how truly lonely the light as a pro footballer must be, but he is getting paid to represent the club. He gains fame and notoriety from doing so, hence his life is now about his job and he needs to be mindful that if he does not wish to harm his employer he will be on his best behaviour at all times in the public eye.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Tim Smith could sneeze right now and it would make the news.
Journalists need something to write about and right now there isnt much to right about. Simple.
THIS IS NOT THE WORST PERIOD IN OUR 600 YEAR HISTORY. :!:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Also, if ever we're in danger of lose our major sponsors over this it's now, we need to get out out of the front and back page for the wrong reasons for that alone.

Stagger eel

Staff member
JOB 3:14 said:
Tim Smith could sneeze right now and it would make the news.
Journalists need something to write about and right now there isnt much to right about. Simple.
THIS IS NOT THE WORST PERIOD IN OUR 600 YEAR HISTORY. :!:

it doesn't matter...you see that's the problem and people underestimate the power of the media, we need a real PR man at the club and a CEO who's media friendly and is involved in the day to day running of the football club.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I am not under estimating the power of the media. I just feel that although Tim Smith is turning out to be a bit of a loose canon the incident in question was a non event. We all know what the media is all about. This year their focus has turned to us. Its been a bit of a feeding frenzy and it has all started with Dennis Fitzgerald's decision to let everyone know that he was getting rid of his head coach. He put the parra club in the firing line and everything that was going to happen this year would be scrutinized and magnifide. We were gone from the first whistle. Now we have contracted the Bulldogs disease.
Tomorrows paper: "TIM SMITH SPILLS SCHOONER OF BEER AT PARRA RETREAT- LOCALS HORRIFIED - STATE EMERGENCY SERVICES AND ANTI TERRORIST POLICE SQUAD CALLED IN"

sooperdooper

First Grade
eelavation said:
Also, if ever we're in danger of lose our major sponsors over this it's now, we need to get out out of the front and back page for the wrong reasons for that alone.

well they are getting some media coverage :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
JOB 3:14 said:
I am not under estimating the power of the media. I just feel that although Tim Smith is turning out to be a bit of a loose canon the incident in question was a non event. We all know what the media is all about. This year their focus has turned to us. Its been a bit of a feeding frenzy and it has all started with Dennis Fitzgerald's decision to let everyone know that he was getting rid of his head coach. He put the parra club in the firing line and everything that was going to happen this year would be scrutinized and magnifide. We were gone from the first whistle. Now we have contracted the Bulldogs disease.
Tomorrows paper: "TIM SMITH SPILLS SCHOONER OF BEER AT PARRA RETREAT- LOCALS HORRIFIED - STATE EMERGENCY SERVICES AND ANTI TERRORIST POLICE SQUAD CALLED IN"

mate, the fact that it's a non-event isn't an arguement, everyone knows it is, it's being in the paper for the wrong reasons and it's not because of the Brian Smith fiasco, it's more deep rooted than that...maybe if you check back on one of MITS's post you'll see why?? ;-)

True EEL

Bench
i fail to see how in this instance fans here can really blame the journos...?

this is confirming that Tim Smith is a 'repeat offender' and the guy hasn't even regained any form or respect in the game yet and he is still off the leash

if you want to blame anyone, blame Tim Smith

and i must admit i agree that it was an ominus sign that DF continued to say 'no comment' about Tim Smith's future, very interesting, he may well just find himself as the scapegoat for all of this season's woes and actually be sacked

well at least the Tigers could have their new halfback then?????

Latest posts