What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snapshot at memberships to date

bottle

Coach
Creeping inexorably towards last year's figure.
Frankly, I'm astounded, given last year and the level of discontent this year.
Benji factor at play?

TruSaint

Referee
I think there was a huge rush between rounds 1-3.
As you posted on 19th April, we had hit the 18k mark.
Well before the signing of Benji.

Hasn't really been much of a push since Marshalls signature.
May change though if / when he plays.

Under the circumstances, 19k is very good.

bottle

Coach
It seemed to stagnate at around 18,300 for quite a bit. Mini spurt after the first Kogarah game and another little kick on now.

Alec'sDragons said:
How many members were there last year ?
About 19,500 from memory.

TruSaint

Referee
It seemed to stagnate at around 18,300 for quite a bit. Mini spurt after the first Kogarah game and another little kick on now.

Benji has extended family... theres 200 :roll:

About 19,500 from memory.

I think thats about right. Just shy of 20k.

Alec'sDragons

Juniors
You wouldn't think we would hit 20 k. Especially with price at the helm, and sitting at the wrong end of the table. Maybe Benji will produce more members.. If we win I expect 500 extra members in the bye weekend.

tumbidragon

First Grade
You wouldn't think we would hit 20 k. Especially with price at the helm, and sitting at the wrong end of the table. Maybe Benji will produce more members.. If we win I expect 500 extra members in the bye weekend.
Prob will hit over 20k considering they will offer 4 game memberships and such as the season wears on. Massive effort by the club and members though. I honestly thought they'd struggle to reach 16K this season. Humble pie aint that bad ;)

Alec'sDragons

Juniors
Prob will hit over 20k considering they will offer 4 game memberships and such as the season wears on. Massive effort by the club and members though. I honestly thought they'd struggle to reach 16K this season. Humble pie aint that bad ;)

Considering we started late. At the start of the year everyone was complaining about the change of grounds. Now if you think about it its not such a bad move.

silverex

Bench

Never mind offering 4 game memberships as the season wears on. They were offered right from the start for Kogarah and the Gong.

jenninga

First Grade
The recent discounting of tickets is grossly unfair on members who show loyalty and buy membership packs in preseason.The big push by the NRL to become a member then for clubs to offer reduced tickets for games is a slap in the face for all supporters.
We all know the Origin period is 2 months of frustration where games are played without 34 of the games top players taking part .I feel the NRL in promoting memberships for next year should factor in discounted tickets for the ORIGIN period into membership packs for all clubs.
They can promote this also and I feel this would boost sales as a whole.

Ace-STi

Juniors
The recent discounting of tickets is grossly unfair on members who show loyalty and buy membership packs in preseason.The big push by the NRL to become a member then for clubs to offer reduced tickets for games is a slap in the face for all supporters.
We all know the Origin period is 2 months of frustration where games are played without 34 of the games top players taking part .I feel the NRL in promoting memberships for next year should factor in discounted tickets for the ORIGIN period into membership packs for all clubs.
They can promote this also and I feel this would boost sales as a whole.

agree im not going to bother with all in next year... will just go back to Kogarah games

Buy 1 get 1 free offers and plenty other offers been going around to justify paying the $450+ that im paying per person

TruSaint

Referee
agree im not going to bother with all in next year... will just go back to Kogarah games

Buy 1 get 1 free offers and plenty other offers been going around to justify paying the $450+ that im paying per person

Ace, with the "right game - right venue" phenomenon, we may get 3 games at Kog next year.
Hold onto your cash.

cleary89

Coach
Creeping inexorably towards last year's figure.
Frankly, I'm astounded, given last year and the level of discontent this year.
Benji factor at play?

A month and a half later - 18,896.

We won't get 19k, but considering the discontent with the board, the team and the allocation of home games its a pretty good effort.

bottle

Coach
Better than I thought we'd get initially, although once Benji signed I did expect a bit more impetus to come from that.
A decent coach and a couple of good signings for next year, plus some continued improvement this year, should see us pass 20K again next year hopefully.
As you say, given the level of discontent on display in the forums not too bad all things considered.

Elias1983

Coach
If reports are true about bennett returning...

I think you'll have no problem getting 20k+ next year.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Think of the packed out army and that "In Wayne we trust" flag flying over the hill come the 1st game at Kogarah...
By THEDuges make it so!