What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So is anyone going to actually show up next weekend?

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'll be there :cool:

Wont be wearing our blue jersey like I did last night :sarcasm:

Will wear my cap :D

goboggo

Juniors
Anyone that decides not to go because of last night should not bother turning up to any of Parra's finals games either.

I understand that some people can't/won't/don't go for certain reasons, but if the previous week's performance is the main reason behind your decision then you should stay the f**k away as far as I'm concerned.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
goboggo said:
Anyone that decides not to go because of last night should not bother turning up to any of Parra's finals games either.

I understand that some people can't/won't/don't go for certain reasons, but if the previous week's performance is the main reason behind your decision then you should stay the f**k away as far as I'm concerned.

geeyah!! Great Post!

Tizzun

Juniors
Suitman said:
If you've decided to give up on them when they need you most, that's your choice.

Suity

Why do they need me there? They will play with no passion regardless...

Tizzun

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I liken being a passionate fan to being in a family, with the passionate fan being the parent and the team being the child.

Now - would you give up on your child at the thought of trouble? I, for one, wouldn't. As tough as it is, I'd dig deep and keep supporting them no matter what.

Of course, we're all different.

You can control your son in some way, get him help if he needs it. I feel helpless supporting Parra, lifes hard enough without sitting through another inept performance.

JessEel

the trick is to take it just a little bit less seriously! have fun watching footy instead of treating it as life and death! its the secret to long life!

Tizzun

Juniors
We should take it as seriously as the players seem to, not very much!

I understand it is not life or death, and there are many more important things in life. My gripe is not that they lost but how they lost. I was happy after the Storm match because at least they tried... As a fan I can not accept inept performances from what is meant to be an "elite" team. IMHO no fan should.

strider

Post Whore
Tizzun said:
We should take it as seriously as the player seem to, not very much!

I understand it is not life or death, and there are many more important things in life. My gripe is not that they lost but how they lost. I was happy after the Storm match because at least they tried... As a fan I can not accept inept performances from what is meant to be an "elite" team. IMHO no fan should.

actually I disagree .... I think that could be part of our problem of late - our players are too worried about winning, too stressed, taking it too seriously .... I reckon if they relaxed a bit things might be better

Captain BF

Juniors
Natalie's Daddy said:
Just get out there and enjoy two quality games of footy on a Sunday afternoon.

100% Correct!
It could be our last home game this year. Just think about the six months until we get to go to the next game.... It's worth going now huh!

Tizzun

Juniors
Captain BF said:
100% Correct!
It could be our last home game this year. Just think about the six months until we get to go to the next game.... It's worth going now huh!

No

JessEel

and if we win by 40 pojnts? and you're at home not watching the game?

scottyeel

Bench
I'm going and have even talked my parents into coming for the 1st time in about 10 years.
We bought tix on Monday and the pax was around 6500.

parra pete

Referee
JessEel said:
the trick is to take it just a little bit less seriously! have fun watching footy instead of treating it as life and death! its the secret to long life!

Well said Jess :clap:
We need to take a step back and look how important it is in our day to day lives. Been there done that.
Make no mistake about it. I stress very badly watching a game when I see the incompetence of some players. But I can't do anything about..apart from launching a tirade at the TV.
I loved watching footy in the sixties because it was more tribal then and not affected by big money. Our times on the Hill at Cumberland Oval are priceless experiences. We were so keen we (me and my mates) hardly missed a Saturday morning training session. I watched EVERY game from 1960 until 1966 when I moved to the bush.
I enjoyed watching blokes like Ken and Dick Thornett, Grumpy Hambly, Ron Lynch, Bill Rayner, Barry Rushworth, Noel Dalton, Roy Fisher, Storky Cornwall, Bobby Bugden, Ken Foord, Leo Toohey, Ivor Lingard, Derek Hallas.... aaah those were THE days.

Look at it this way. It is purely entertainment these days. Exhibition matches between paid (well paid) performers. You only have to watch the way they hug and kiss the opposition at the end of the game.
If the Titans, for example, went and signed every player from the Storm for 2009, and lured Craig Bellamy as coach..and played with those players next season under the Titans. does that make Gold Goast a powerhouse?
There is NO loyalty in the game. It is hard to take seriously anymore.
Really, I get as much enjoyment out of watching the local team go around in Group Bush Footy as I do watching the NRL.
At least you know they are representing our community, and putting their heart and souls into bringing glory on the town for the right reasons. Not playing for a greatly inflated contract.

sportsmad

Juniors
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Parra Pete
Look at it this way. It is purely entertainment these days. Exhibition matches between paid (well paid) performers. You only have to watch the way they hug and kiss the opposition at the end of the game.
If the Titans, for example, went and signed every player from the Storm for 2009, and lured Craig Bellamy as coach..and played with those players next season under the Titans. does that make Gold Goast a powerhouse?
There is NO loyalty in the game. It is hard to take seriously anymore.
Really, I get as much enjoyment out of watching the local team go around in Group Bush Footy as I do watching the NRL.
At least you know they are representing our community, and putting their heart and souls into bringing glory on the town for the right reasons. Not playing for a greatly inflated contract.[/quote]

echo your thoughts Pete (though the 80's are my earliest memories), things have changed in this way though in ALL sports, not just league, it's just a fact of life. we're used to blokes playing sport 'cause they loved it and loved the club they were playing for. not playing for a club because they're the ones who paid them the most.

Tizzun

Juniors
JessEel said:
and if we win by 40 pojnts? and you're at home not watching the game?

Haha, win by 40! I'm predicting Justin Hodges alone will score more points than the whole Parra team. Sunday is Fathers day so I will be with my father and avoiding the footy at all costs.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tizzun said:
You can control your son in some way, get him help if he needs it. I feel helpless supporting Parra, lifes hard enough without sitting through another inept performance.

Fair enough. And I totally understand - my favourite positon to sit in is right at the front. I feel that if I'm sitting merely metres from the players, my extra-loud cheering will be extra-audible to them.

But it sometimes feels like it makes no difference.

I won't stop, though. I'm hooked lol.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I actually take Parra quite seriously. Call me strange, but I've never supported a team as passionately as I do the Eels. The club means more to me than even the Oakland Raiders, and I love the Raiders.

As for the "no loyalty in the NRL comment"...Well, how about blokes like Luke Burt? Steve Menzies? SBW? At some stage (Burt excepted), they were all offered considerable cash to go elsewhere. But they stayed.

I don't really buy into this whole "the NRL lacks loyalty" debate. Particularly because the only players who would not be loyal are those that are earning amounts of cash you or I could only dream about.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i take it very seriously, too seriously actually.....it's that bad i dreamt about Feleti scoring on Sunday night and dream alot about Parramatta and results, i have to learn to interupt the dreams though, there's meaning there.

Getting that bad not that i'm actually considering closing my account with LU, yep, had enough. My studies have been affected by it and tbh i get very intense whilst arguring on the board and doesn't matter how long it takes to settle a dispute with me, not a good thing when i have alot more important things going on in my life eg exam tomorrow, moving next week, keeping my friends happy by visiting them like wise my familiy who all live away from Central Coast.