What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Its Round 5. Does Ivan Stay Or Go

Meth

Staff member
You have to admit, considering the injuries we have sustained this year, Cleary looks to have produced a pretty phenomenal result at this stage

tkr

Juniors
You have to admit, considering the injuries we have sustained this year, Cleary looks to have produced a pretty phenomenal result at this stage

Ya know, it is pretty amazing how commentators and posters can look past the injury toll this season and blame the coach.

Personally, I think Ivan does a pretty good job and it will be the players that will make the difference as to whether we get to the grand final or not at this time.

There are a few coaches who have won premierships or grand finals in the past who have teams languishing lower than the Warriors.

Maybe Kearney would be good for the Warriors but I cannot see him leaving Melbourne. Don't forget Tony Iro.

Micistm

Bench
Iro is a good point to bring up, as it seems that the Cleary/Iro thing is a good combination. Opposites working well with each other; both good ex-players from Aussie & NZ respectively, one laid back, one can be fired up...
They seem to be making a good team. We still have a good chunk of year to go, and players coming back...so will be interesting.

Iafeta

Referee
If we make the finals, quite frankly IMO given the injury toll its an absolutely enormous achievement and Cleary/Iro deserve to be praised for it.

Looking back through this thread, there was a fair bit of melodramatic posting.

ozbash

Referee
If we make the finals, quite frankly IMO given the injury toll its an absolutely enormous achievement

When you stop and think about it, we have absolutely no right to be where we are or where we are heading.

B team following a horrendus run of injuries ( wonder what the total $$ value of our injured players is ).

A coach who promised same old, same old at the begining and early stage of the season.

So, wtf happened ??

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
When you stop and think about it, we have absolutely no right to be where we are or where we are heading.

B team following a horrendus run of injuries ( wonder what the total $$ value of our injured players is ).

A coach who promised same old, same old at the begining and early stage of the season.

So, wtf happened ??

same old, same old under cleary has been constant finals appearances, save for 2009*.

*=and 2006, but if it wasn't for the cap penalty we'd have finished eighth and played a very average melbourne team at olympic park.

Micistm

Bench
If we make the finals, quite frankly IMO given the injury toll its an absolutely enormous achievement and Cleary/Iro deserve to be praised for it.

Looking back through this thread, there was a fair bit of melodramatic posting.

Yeah, I admit it, I've been totally undecided on Cleary, sometimes thinking he's had his go, sometimes thinking he deserves longer considering circumstances.
Credit where it's due. This year has had it's ups and downs, but more ups than predicted.
Year's end is still the assessment time, but being where we are through all these injuries is pretty damn good. And I see Gus Gould is the first of the Wooden spoon predictors to eat humble pie. Mark Geyer last week in RLW, this week Gus's opinion column suggests the Warriors are the 'Real Deal!':shock:

Game by game though. I'm just enjoying the fact we are being rewarded with the slog last year was:)

tkr

Juniors
Yeah, I admit it, I've been totally undecided on Cleary, sometimes thinking he's had his go, sometimes thinking he deserves longer considering circumstances.
Credit where it's due. This year has had it's ups and downs, but more ups than predicted.
Year's end is still the assessment time, but being where we are through all these injuries is pretty damn good. And I see Gus Gould is the first of the Wooden spoon predictors to eat humble pie. Mark Geyer last week in RLW, this week Gus's opinion column suggests the Warriors are the 'Real Deal!':shock:

Game by game though. I'm just enjoying the fact we are being rewarded with the slog last year was:)

Gus also credited Ivan with a grand job under trying conditions. I know Gus can be a prick but he usually only hands credit like this out when it is deserved.

Rich102

Staff member
It was mentioned by Ray Warren during the Broncos v Paramatta game that Anderson is under pressure and the Eels have had talks with Steven Kearney.

I will be very disappointed if Kearney goes to the Eels.

Meth

Staff member
Sterling said that he didn't think Kearney would be a good first grade coach

Scott

Bench
Sterling said that he didn't think Kearney would be a good first grade coach

I'm not sure if he will be either.
There is a massive difference between a test campaign (4 or 5 matches) and the week to week grind of an NRL season. Having said that, Bluey has surprised me with the record he has at Leeds. Maybe it is all about the cattle at your disposal...

Skinner

Coach
It was mentioned by Ray Warren during the Broncos v Paramatta game that Anderson is under pressure and the Eels have had talks with Steven Kearney.

I will be very disappointed if Kearney goes to the Eels.

Well...I'd be pretty pissed off if the Eels got rid of of DA to be honest.

Meth

Staff member
So it's Round 1. Does Ivan stay or go?

There's a certain monotonous predicability to some Warriors fans

Micistm

Bench
Maloneys toast after that absolute rush of blood and stupidity. If John shows some form he may struggle to get back in, and he's got noone to blame except himself. One of the stupidest things I've seen a Warrior do for a while to put the team under pressure.

Ivan stay or go...? Lol, I'm not getting into that after one round! The main reason I was so pissed was not a loss, not that the Eels played merely okay and got the win rather than really have to earn it...but just yet again, a big crowd gathered for this side of the ditch for a League game, to be let down with a flat performance for most of it. Nice way to promote the game!

Scorpio30

Bench
I think he will be gone soon.
If that Warriors V Eels game was played on paper...Warriors win easy.
Id like to see what "the total NRL game experience V total NRL game experience" numbers would be. :sarcasm:

Latest posts