What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Its Round 5. Does Ivan Stay Or Go

ozbash

Referee
as for the prop and winger, i guess it depends on if they're australian or not?

now, now. lets not bring racism into it...

Kev and Packer are pretty talented juniors. I only know what the rest of us have heard re their relegation to the Vulcans.

But,, if Locke gets relegated for a couple of poor games, what happens to the coach when he consistently makes the sky fall ?

and he's not born in Nz..

Iafeta

Referee
now, now. lets not bring racism into it...

Kev and Packer are pretty talented juniors. I only know what the rest of us have heard re their relegation to the Vulcans.

But,, if Locke gets relegated for a couple of poor games, what happens to the coach when he consistently makes the sky fall ?

and he's not born in Nz..

How has he 'consistently made the sky fall'? Granted I haven't read the entire thread, but... consistently made the sky fall? He's had one bad season (last season), the rest are perfectly reasonable seasons. It's his role to make decisions on players, for the record, he seems fairly loyal to blokes when their form is iffy, take Manu a few years ago, some coaches I'm sure would have done away with him or repackaged him as a back rower, but Ivan stuck by him.

Locke will be back in soon enough, a week or twos jolt to get a bit of confidence back scoring tries like he's shelling peas in an easier grade of football won't do him any harm.

ozbash

Referee
How has he 'consistently made the sky fall'?

His 'good' seasons are negated by his inability to coach a winning team. We could all sit back and bask in Ives former glory datys, we could wipe all years comps and live for 02... Ivan who ??

I prefer to live/think in the here and now. The Warriors have gone from a very good team to a sh*t team the last 2 seasons.
I prefer to think of the last game (oh, thats right,, pants on the ground, again) and the next game.

The sky (to quote the good Doctor) is falling bigtime and no amount of living in the past is going to hoist it up again.

Micistm

Bench
you don't agree?

Not particularly, especially in relation to Browns handsmack more than Locke's dropping.

I dunno. Who am I to say whether he can motivate the side or not? I guess the players can only answer that. I still can't say whether I'm a Cleary fan or not, whether I think the wins are more good luck over judgement or coaching, or whether it's just purely emotive based on the fact I find listening to him in interviews TBH boring as batsh*t.
I'm still all for Cleary being given 2010 for a make or break-Anything less would be unfair IMO.
If the Warriors can't succeed under Cleary, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad Coach, he may well be the perfect coach for another team. Or the perfect coach for the Warriors with the right mix of players.

I have a feeling this year is going to be a hell of a rollercoaster, and at least that has to be better on an entertainment level than '09!:lol:

Rich102

Staff member
Just got to say I feal real sorry for some of the guys that are going to be affected by this.
Junior players hoping for a contract will be left stranded.
Senior players with uncertain futures.
Some top flight players hoping someone will have enough cap to fit them in.
Uncertain times.

Skinner

Coach
you can laugh...but the players are certainly in the know in regards to bellamy. they are aware he will be gone. there will be 5 or so staff sacked, including the football manager and coach. heppy hep hep

So...Bellamy is going to be sacked, is he ???

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
well what i was told yes...although he will come out in the press and say he will be walking away himself.

senior players will meet with news ltd to put a case forward to not sack him.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i'm not making any calls until full time blows on round 26, but would someone mind preparing my humble pie?

Micistm

Bench
In regard to Cleary, I'm still split and believe he should be allowed 2010 to prove himself, but I am veering toward the 'go' camp now.
Was thinking at work this morning, back over the last few years. Leading up to the bye, when was the last time you felt a bit disappointed, that we weren't going to have a Warriors game to watch the next week...and how many of the last few years have we thought, "thank god the byes here!"
I remember thinking that for pretty much all of Cleary's reign, even the '08 year which we finished strong in-Ther was still that slump in the middle where we weren't just losing games, but they were godawful to watch as well. The last few years have had terrible slumps which we finally start to come right out of (except '09 where we stayed in it), and in hindsight it's hard to say whether it's through being coached out of the slump or just sheer law of averages where a few decent games have to come your way at some stage!
I'm just feeling more and more Cleary's probably a good bloke, and probably a decent enough coach in his own right, but just maybe not suited for us.

ozbash

Referee
I'm still split and believe he should be allowed 2010 to prove himself,

he has proven himself as a good coach, with good players around him.

The acid test is how good is he with less than average players ?

Latest posts