What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Its Round 5. Does Ivan Stay Or Go

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
youre a wigga...come on sole

interesting to see cleary will tie anderson with a win against the panthers as the most successful coach of the warriors. not that its anything special, beating coaches of the likes of kemp, graham, endacott.

we have had some of the worst coaches during our time. one stand out was monie, but i think he even struggled to adapt from the 80s style of play. even anderson was a reggies coach when we signed him.

steve folkes would be good for the club...even sticky.

HevyDevy

Coach
ozbash has a problem with the extreme money for price and the game time,efficiency and quality of that game time.
dont bring me into this, i havent said that price has been bad, of course hes been top quality as always. unlike others, i was trying to see it from ozbash end of things. from his end, his opinion is justified and i can see where he is coming from.

Funny thing is that Price is on far less now than his original Warriors contract.

Rich102

Staff member
Cleary close to another coaching record

After becoming the first Vodafone Warriors NRL coach to rack up 100 games in charge, Ivan Cleary has reached a second major milestone and is closing in on another club record.

Last Saturday night’s dramatic 30-24 win over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs was Cleary’s 50th victory since taking up the club’s head coaching role in 2006.
And the team’s next victory will draw Cleary level with Daniel Anderson for the most NRL wins by a Vodafone Warriors coach. Anderson, now coaching Parramatta, was involved in 51 NRL wins with the Vodafone Warriors from 2001-2004.
Cleary’s maiden NRL coaching success was against Wests Tigers in Christchurch in round three in 2006. He marked his 100th game in charge in last year’s second to last match against the Bulldogs.
Apart from Cleary (106 games) and Anderson (92 games), the other Vodafone Warriors coaches have been John Monie 1995-1997 (52 games), Frank Endacott 1997-1998 (33 games), Mark Graham 1999-2000 (50 games) and Tony Kemp 2004-2005 (37 games).

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/562/Cleary-close-to-another-coaching-record/

So:
Anderson 51 wins from 91 games = 56% success
Cleary 50 wins from 106 games = 47% success.

Meth

Staff member
correct.
What pisses me off is aussies like Fein, Webb who sing our national anthem, perform our haka in an attempt to get a better slice of the salary cap pie as an "international". These guys think that we are plan B (they know damned well they'd never crack the 'roos) and think we are 2nd best.

I can understand that angst.

I don't think Price was at his best in 09, but at his worst he is among our best. I think he has been a good investment for the club. He isn't on the massive money that he was, but when he was on that massive money, it was money well spent in my opinion.

ozbash

Referee
Top skills from the coach, hook a prop (Packer) and replace him with a limping centre v one of the biggest pack of forwards in the comp...

Skinner

Coach
then the entire team was disciplined.

Yep, but that's the way it is. A bloke might be a key player but if he mucks up then he has to be disciplined, harsh as that might be on the rest of the team. Peer pressure can be powerful magic ;-)

Micistm

Bench
Listening to Cleary on a Radio Sport interview has me scratching my head. I'm thinking how the hell does this guy, so deadpan and conservative motivate any of our players? When talking of the Locke dropping he kept going on about the 'publicity' the young guys had, almost like Lockes believing his own press. Weird.
All I could think back to was 'Sharky' Browns handsmack for try celebrations!

He's an enigma, that Cleary.

Latest posts