What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

macnaz

Staff member
I reckon this sucks. There are very few players in the comp with his ability. I love Ado-Carr but he doesn't have the same ability to influence a game as Latrell. I don't think we improve that much with JAC whereas with Latrell we improve a lot.
Dont right off the Fox, he would add shitloads to our side.... maybe getting him here quick smart may get Latrell to pull his finger out as well .

Vozzy

Juniors
Sounds like he wanted to come/sign but kept getting advice to wait as long as possible but no one other than clubs who finished a lot worse then us last year are looking at him. His manager was probably thinking storm/raiders would be after him.

Josh addo Carr would be good but again not if he would be like highest paid winger for us to get him.

I still believe we are one of the better clubs that make young kids into quality players it's more the next time we get a crop of kids who become the next tedasco/woods/moses/Brooks we keep them. Manly and even bulldogs second half of the year shows with good coaching you can turn players who were struggling to make first grade into players who were in top form in the their positions.

Talau, Garner, Mikele, Walters all have this potential to become something really good then we build around them when the old over paid players are gone at the end of next year.

Tiger05

First Grade
Dont right off the Fox, he would add shitloads to our side.... maybe getting him here quick smart may get Latrell to pull his finger out as well .

I love him as a player but he I can't see him adding a huge amount to our team. Thompson, Nofo, Jennings and even Momo can play there.

For the right dollars he is fine.

Latrell if he plays well though would transform our team.

macnaz

Staff member
05.... when ever anyone in backline can create a highlight reel as good as JAD has done in just a few seasons I'll agree... the fact is our backline is the worst in the NRL and could not score a 50m try even if Harry T paid them a 1million if they did.

Wizardman

First Grade
Im with 05 here. JAC is a very good player but we have more pressing needs in other areas than on the wing. I'd only get JAC on a price is right basis but would not break the bank for him. Mitchell was the one we had to get but I don't blame the club in any way for not getting him.

Wizardman

First Grade
The only winger I'd go overs for is Radradra because he is basically another forward as well as a gamebreaker.

Tiger05

First Grade
05.... when ever anyone in backline can create a highlight reel as good as JAD has done in just a few seasons I'll agree... the fact is our backline is the worst in the NRL and could not score a 50m try even if Harry T paid them a 1million if they did.

He is good. I like him. It's just that he is a small winger. Latrell is potentially a big tackle busting fullback.

I don't think we need to recruit wingers. We need a gun fullback and some pretty good centres. We definitely need some better backs.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Here's a Latrell song...

Open up the door Tigers
Coz I'm coming down the stairs
And I aint gonna listen
No more pissing around
I've had 7 whole minutes
Of give a little, take a little
Negotiate some money away
And you better believe I'm gonna take your offer to town
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye,goodbye
Goodbye now Tiges, I 'm only back if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
If JAC comes it's to play fullback.

He has similar risks to Latrell in regards to us not knowing if fullback would be his best spot . However, what we do know is that we won't be risking $1 mil on him like Latrell, and we know he will put in every week.

So taking a risk on JAC at fullback for 600k or Latrell for $1 mil? I'll take JAC thanks and have some cash left over.

Worse case scenario is he doesn't work out at fullback and we end up with the games best winger who has a high involvement rate. That's still a good result even for 600k.

I think it's well worth it.

macnaz

Staff member
Im with 05 here. JAC is a very good player but we have more pressing needs in other areas than on the wing. I'd only get JAC on a price is right basis but would not break the bank for him. Mitchell was the one we had to get but I don't blame the club in any way for not getting him.
Pressing issues.. let what ?

WA Tiger

Bench
Worse case scenario is he doesn't work out at fullback and we end up with the games best winger who has a high involvement rate.
..with Thompson at fullback who is not a star but he’s not a gaping problem that needs to be fixed to get into the 8 either ..he also has a high involvement rate and is just desperate for a star to work in combination with ..he’s always sniffing out opportunity’s he’s fearless on defence..He tackles to stop players eg that Taumalolo tackle and countless tackles that have been an inch short of the try-line..he’s got a passing game and is elusive..leave him there he will be as happy as a pig in mud. Then focus on 1 or 2 forwards maybe a good centre and that is a good foundation.And with Stephano up front Walters as back up at 5/8 and hooker and that’s a top 8 team..

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
A gamebreaking presence in the backrow or centres for starters. We need breaks in order to set up the Addo Carr's of the world.
Nup our forwards punched WELL above their weight in this year.. it was piss weak backs that let us down... wether that be a centre than ran backwards out of dummy half and threw the ball away... or another guy going 20 meters sideways .. or another making 2metres a min.. Benji and Brooks need players to respond to our smallish forwards busting their arse and have the ABILITIES to capitalize on what they do. Our pack is fine and will be an improvement on this year, so unless we get speed and or power outside them we are just wasting our time

WA Tiger

Bench
..with Thompson at fullback who is not a star but he’s not a gaping problem that needs to be fixed to get into the 8 either ..he also has a high involvement rate and is just desperate for a star to work in combination with ..he’s always sniffing out opportunity’s he’s fearless on defence..He tackles to stop players eg that Taumalolo tackle and countless tackles that have been an inch short of the try-line..he’s got a passing game and is elusive..leave him there he will be as happy as a pig in mud. Then focus on 1 or 2 forwards maybe a good centre and that is a good foundation.And with Stephano up front Walters as back up at 5/8 and hooker and that’s a top 8 team..

Cheekham can fill in at centre if need be until we find a game changer

Tiger05

First Grade
A gamebreaking presence in the backrow or centres for starters. We need breaks in order to set up the Addo Carr's of the world.

I reckon we are getting Luciano Leilua and that gives us some great edge backrowers. We don't need another edge backrower.

Garner & Leilua to me are probably the first picked edge players and Chee-Kam and Lawrence are second in line. To me that is unreal.

I think we need another prop but I'd try and get Musgrove and be done with it.

We need some outside backs and a replacement for Benji when he moves on.

I'm also just praying that somehow we get someone to perform at hooker.