What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill gets downgrade

Ribs

Bench
The worst thing is we knew he was going to get downgraded as soon as the Dogs decided to challenge and we knew because the judiciary is a corrupt bunch of spineless skirts.

Ryles got knocked out, Ryan got off, Ryles cuddles a player and gets two weeks. SBW makes contact with an elbow to someone that doesnt even have the ball and gets a downgrade to one week.

If sonny didnt do anything wrong, why was he sh*tting himself when he made contact? he knew what he did and so did everyone else watching.

sherrinator

Juniors
He will never tackle recklessly again? FFS the guy charges with his shoulder each and every time! He's going to have to start tackling using his arms from now on just to keep his promise.

Blaze

Juniors
:crazy:

Do people not remember that SBW got sent off and suspended (so he missed 3 games) for a tackle that we have seen 100+ times this season.

yeah... the judiciary are corrupt :crazy:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Blaze said:
:crazy:

Do people not remember that SBW got sent off and suspended (so he missed 3 games) for a tackle that we have seen 100+ times this season.

yeah... the judiciary are corrupt :crazy:
Exactly how many finals game did he miss during this 3 game suspension mate?

Get it now?

Unfortunatley this is the sad state of affairs:
Ribs said:
The worst thing is we knew he was going to get downgraded as soon as the Dogs decided to challenge and we knew because the judiciary is a corrupt bunch of spineless skirts

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't see why so many think he was lucky. To me, based on what I saw - there was very little in it. Worth of suspension yes because it was slightly high - the charge downgrading spot on.

So many people going on about it in here either haven't watched it, or only saw it once - hardly enough to pass proper. Grip on reality required people.

Ribs

Bench
Yeah Timmah dont mention it was late and the player didnt even have the ball......

It was the wrong charge in the first place, and im my opinion deliberately so.

Dazzat

First Grade
It's official ... you can now tackle with a leading elbow. Should make tackling a lot easier ... no need to worry about the 'wrestle' after the tackle as most players who have been tackled will be knocked out in the first instance. It'll slow the play the ball down a little, but that's OK.

Well done judiciary! The message is received loud and clear.

Freak2

Juniors
Ribs said:
Yeah Timmah dont mention it was late and the player didnt even have the ball......

It was the wrong charge in the first place, and im my opinion deliberately so.

Spot on re the charge!!

Intentionally wrong!!

Nathan B

Juniors
Anyone who says Sonny hit Thurston in the head with his elbow clearly hasn't looked at the footage closely. What they're doing in this thread, then, is anyone's guess.

How about being informed before commenting?

Dazzat

First Grade
Nathan B said:
Anyone who says Sonny hit Thurston in the head with his elbow clearly hasn't looked at the footage closely. What they're doing in this thread, then, is anyone's guess.

How about being informed before commenting?

True, he didn't 'hit' him in the head with the elbow, but as I said, SBW tackled with a leading elbow and was fortunate to miss.

Last time I checked, my elbow, it was hard, sharp, bony and capable of inflicting damage to anyone's head if travelling at 15/20 kmh.

The intention was there, and the message received is:

ELBOWS FIRST IN TACKLES - BIG TICK.

Nathan B

Juniors
Dazzat said:
True, he didn't 'hit' him in the head with the elbow, but as I said, SBW tackled with a leading elbow and was fortunate to miss.

Last time I checked, my elbow, it was hard, sharp, bony and capable of inflicting damage to anyone's head if travelling at 15/20 kmh.

The intention was there, and the message received is:

ELBOWS FIRST IN TACKLES - BIG TICK.

Are you seriously saying Sonny wanted to intentionally elbow Thurston but missed?

No chance!

Sonny wanted to pressure the kicker and bump (albeit hard) Thurston in the side and shoulder. As he 1. saw that it was too late, and 2. saw that he was going too high, Sonny pulled out of it. If he was trying to make contact with his elbow, you would have clearly seen his wrist well behind Thurston in that reverse-angle photo that's in a thread somewhere. But his wrist is obscured by Thurston's neck, and the elbow was really nowhere near Thurston.

Yes, you shouldn't go into tackles/bumbs/shoulder charges/whatever with a raised forearm/elbow. It was stupid and careless. But, in this case, Sonny didn't go through with it and certainly didn't make forceful contact. You can call it luck. I call it good management on Sonny's behalf (but only, and I mean only, just).

Timmah

Staff member
Late? Even the commentators at the time said it would've been difficult to pull out and you can see he tried to.

F**kin wake up to yourselves. If you think Sonny went in leading with the elbow (two arms pointed sideways, yeah that works :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
Late? Even the commentators at the time said it would've been difficult to pull out and you can see he tried to.

F**kin wake up to yourselves. If you think Sonny went in leading with the elbow (two arms pointed sideways, yeah that works :lol:
Tell me Timbut, what do you think of this tackle?
From the same match:

spear-tackle_round25-2007.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Willow said:
Tell me Timbut, what do you think of this tackle?
From the same match:

spear-tackle_round25-2007.jpg

:lol: One angle. Very convincing ;-)

Latest posts