What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill gets downgrade

woodgers

Bench
Buckshot said:
Who didn't see this coming?

Once again the NRL has shown that the rules are different for players depending on their profile and capacity to draw people through the turnstiles.

Corruption at its finest !

I've been saying it for years, cannot for the life of me understand how stupidly blind people are. They can't give him nothing for that can they? Do they want him to drag arses through the turnstiles and get ratings in week 2 (knowing full well Storm and Manly are very likely winners at home....) of course!

The NRL knows for sure and certain that it is very likely that 3 home sides will win this weekend, those being Storm, Manly and NZ. Dogs vs Cowboys is another kettle of fish. Goalkicking was the difference last week, and the odd hometown decision from Hayne. They realise that if Dogs win and everything else goes to script, they have Dogs vs Parra in Sydney....and do you think they don't want to promote the hell out of that match and get close to a full house? Who brings most Dogs fans out? What about 'SBW vs Hindmarsh'?

.........work it out.

The bloke who was talking about Ryan/Ryles/SBW was bang on. It is all about what is important for their bottom line. Ryles meant nothing by then, he sits, others walk.

squiddy

Juniors
I havent read the whole thread , but personally I reckon SBWs tackle from the week before was worse , it drew apenalty but nothing more , it was a grapple slash pile driving tackle looked horrible and dangerous !

Frailty

First Grade
The fact of the matter is Timmah, even though it wasn't his elbow, he did use his forearm. If I was on the Judiciary it would have been 2 weeks with his previous loading included.

It was a little late, and even if he couldn't pull out (which personally I think he could) why raise up your forearms at all? It is just as easy to brace yourself by putting you hands out, or even just use your shoulder if you wanted to knock the kicker over.

There may not have been intent there, but that is a non-issue as it is obvious what will happen if a second rower raises their forearms whilst about to charge into a half back. And I could argue there was intent there as the bulldogs knew there was a high likelyhood they would play them again Week 1 finals. Take out either Bowen and Thurston, and the Cowboys are gone. But that is just hypothetical and hearsay.

Sonny Bill should consider himself lucky to have been given the downgrade. However, there are a lot here who are blowing it way out of proportion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
:lol: One angle. Very convincing ;-)
Head going southwards, above the horizontal, hand between the legs.
Are you saying none of that is happening?
Answer that... if you can.

I'll make it easy for you. Change the jerseys around and view it as a Bulldogs player being tackled... and then give us your valued opinion.

Dazzat

First Grade
Frailty said:
It was a little late, and even if he couldn't pull out (which personally I think he could) why raise up your forearms at all? It is just as easy to brace yourself by putting you hands out, or even just use your shoulder if you wanted to knock the kicker over.
Another excuse for Bulldog supporters to use - Sonny Bill was in the middle of the haka when he hit Thurston ... you know the bit when they raise their forearms and poke their tongue.

It's an absolute disgrace that he got one week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Again, one angle of a tackle does not a case make.

Show me the whole tackle.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
Again, one angle of a tackle does not a case make.

Show me the whole tackle.
You didn't tape the match? What sort of supporter are you? lol

The picture should tell you enough.

Timmah

Staff member
No it shouldn't. One still frame of a series of movements that make up what's called a tackle. You need to see an entire tackle to pass a judgement.

What next?

Charlie124

First Grade
He knows you probably dont have a clip of that tackle to post so he will ignore the picture, which is clear as day.

what do you think the reverse angle is going to show you Timmah?

Timmah

Staff member
Reverse angle?

I'm talking about seeing the entire tackle IN MOTION.

Showing someone one frame means f**k all.

Pretty sure there's nothing in it - it was reviewed after being put on report and not charged was it not?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
No it shouldn't.
Yes it should.

Timmah said:
One still frame of a series of movements that make up what's called a tackle. You need to see an entire tackle to pass a judgement.

What next?
I'm sure in the jerseys were the other way around you'd be seeing it differently.

You're completely in denial when it comes to the Bulldogs.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

You can't change the argument just so you win.

Goodnight.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not at all. Just pointing out how you're not really qualified to give a balanced judgement on anything to do with the Bulldogs. I proved it with the image.

All you had to say was that it looked pretty dodgy and your cred rating might have gone up a few notches, but the blinkers you have on wouldn't allow you to do it.

Timmah

Staff member

My cred rating? Please. Like you're not biased toward the Dragons.

I'll repeat it for you - one angle of a tackle is an impossible and daft way to judge something.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:

My cred rating? Please. Like you're not biased toward the Dragons.
I know a lifting tackle when I see it.

I also know what a raised elbow looks like.

Timmah said:
I'll repeat it for you - one angle of a tackle is an impossible and daft way to judge something.
But...

Timmah

Staff member

Again with the nothing, resort to an old line.

Got some new material?

northwest9

Juniors
willow, from that pic we can all clearly see the player being tackled is diving head first at the ground, after jumping into the arms of the bulldogs players.... who were casually making their way to the defensive line, minding their own business at the time, possibly contemplating some charity work at the time.

bulldogs are the victim here, your just picking on them...... why are you so mean????

Timmah

Staff member

northwest.... tell me, was the tackle charged?

northwest9

Juniors
i dont really care about the tackle, and to be honest, i really struggle with dogs v cows games, cause i cant decide which team i dislike more,

what i am have a dig at is your absolute inability to see fault with anything in a bulldogs jumper.

dead set, bin laden or david hicks could show up to court in a bulldogs jumper, and you'd demand a release without charge, cause its not 'is go

Latest posts