What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams

Charlie124

First Grade
Outstanding this season??? youve got to be kidding me. He had a good game against a 12 man warriors outfit and all of a sudden he's earning his money? Id have no problems recognising ability if i saw some that commanded the money he is on. Scott Minto has had 2 good games this year too, should he be paid half a million for his services??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He was consistent in a woefully inconsistent side and really had a go. He's great in attack and has been easily our best this season when perhaps not many others have had a go. Overrated? Depends on who's hyping him.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
There isn't a backrower in the comp who can single-handedly win a game against clearly superior opposition.

Anyone with a clue about rugby league and an unbiased eye would be easily able to tell from SBW's play this year that he is one of the best players in the game.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Absolutely killing it this year.

If you can't see that then you're geniused

This thread is embarrassing. I win.

Charlie124

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
This thread is embarrassing.

you got that part right, seems to get dragged out every 3 - 4 weeks or so when he has a good game against a 12 man opposition or the Roosters missing their halfback.

never before have i seen such virtual handjobs than the ones dealt out in this thread.

Cammo

Bench
Charlie124 said:
you got that part right, seems to get dragged out every 3 - 4 weeks or so when he has a good game against a 12 man opposition or the Roosters missing their halfback.

never before have i seen such virtual handjobs than the ones dealt out in this thread.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Are you upset that Sonny is better than Webb?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Charlie124 said:

You're an embarrassment to yourself Charlie. You know nothing about rugby league.

ocko

juniors
brilliant tonight, just brilliant. he's been talked up before without fully deserving it, but he was amazing tonight, nearly flawless. part of it was a function of o'meley, mason and ryan being out (hence we played to the right hand side more), but gee he was good.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Not as good as he was against the Warriors though. 2 best individual performances of the season- SBW and SBW. But he's not earning his money :sarcasm:

Cammo

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
Not as good as he was against the Warriors though. 2 best individual performances of the season- SBW and SBW. But he's not earning his money :sarcasm:

I am the first to admit that on occasion he hasn't stepped up considering the massive contract he is on, but the last few weeks he has been nothing short of brilliant, and here's hoping he keeps it up.

ShineDog

Juniors
There is no doubt in my mind that he is the most valuable player in the NRL.

SBW is by far the world's best player.....Lockyer and Thurston aren't even close IMO!!

Tommy Smith

Referee
ShineDog said:
There is no doubt in my mind that he is the most valuable player in the NRL.

SBW is by far the world's best player.....Lockyer and Thurston aren't even close IMO!!
That's a slight exaggeration. Whilst he might very well be the best player in the game, i dont think he's close to being the most valuable.

No fault of his own, its just like in the NFL the QB is always the most valuable player but not always the best player. Similarly SBW is possibly the best player at the top of his game but he isnt as valuable as a top playmaker like Thurston, Lockyer etc.