What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ShineDog said:
There is no doubt in my mind that he is the most valuable player in the NRL.

SBW is by far the world's best player.....Lockyer and Thurston aren't even close IMO!!

This is an OTT comment tbh.

It's these sort of comments that, unfortunately, lead to SBW having detractors.

I personally think he's the best backrower in the world, but I'd certainly accept a strong argument against it. What sh*ts me is when people argue that he's "not really that good". He IS that good- in that he's a truly top echelon player.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
SBW is without doubt one of the top 3 players in the game. Personally I believe when he's fit he's #1 comfortably. Nobody can dominate like him and nobody is more lethal in the opponents 20m zone than him. The people who keep knocking him are starting to look more and more like trollers.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Pensacola Q.C said:
The people who keep knocking him are starting to look more and more like trollers.

That's the crux of it really

Guys like Johns, Thurston and Lockyer always have plenty of detractors, but these detractors are rightly regarded as trolls.

SBW haters still have some sort of perceived legitimacy I think, but they shouldn't.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
No matter how well he plays, wankers still manage to look for excuses to disagree with his performances

He carved up once again tonight. Absolutely awesome!

Nook

Bench
He has been unreal for the last 4 or 5 games and was pretty amazing tonight.

It is great to see him back near his best because a) he's obviously a joy to watch and b) it makes the nuffies who bleat about him being overrated look like, well, nuffies.

I hope he can keep it up and produce his best for the Kiwis at the end of the year - if he plays near his best for them it is going to be great to watch.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie124 said:
you got that part right, seems to get dragged out every 3 - 4 weeks or so when he has a good game against a 12 man opposition or the Roosters missing their halfback.

never before have i seen such virtual handjobs than the ones dealt out in this thread.

:lol: but you reckon Carl Webb is good :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
*bump*

SBW = Genius. The most talented forward to hit the scene since Big Artie.

And at the very least surely its time that everyone can agree on the fact that he is a superstar. The most damaging forward in the game. And currently the best player in the game.

Charlie124

First Grade
I love how this thread gets bumped every 4 weeks or so when Sonny has a good game.

see you all in a month?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Charlie124 said:
I love how this thread gets bumped every 4 weeks or so when Sonny has a good game.

see you all in a month?
In contrast i haven't seen the Carl Webb thread since SOO Game 1, 2001.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: You're a deadset F*CKING TOOL.

He's been playing out of his skin EVERY week for the last month, even in the loss to the Eels last week. The only game he missed lately was v Penrith and we lost that one remember/?

You're a deadset moron if you can't appreciate the skill and power of SBW.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I must say (I was going to start a thread on it such was my amazement) that I don't think I have ever seen an NRL team, or players in an NRL team, actually scared of a player before. Lee Hookey moved out of Iafeta Paleasina's way a few years ago at the SFS, but Canberra looked like a bunch of scared little boys today when Sonny had the ball. I don't really know what that says about Sonny, but I just found it remarkable.

Charlie124

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
In contrast i haven't seen the Carl Webb thread since SOO Game 1, 2001.

um.... who even mentioned Carl Webb? you certainly dont see me crapping on about him and throwing palm leaves at his feet everytime he takes the field. Its people like you and Dummah who are continually giving SBW these virtual wrist jobs over these forums that just contribute to his overrated status. He's a good player, thats it.

"Genius"... "The most talented forward"... "Superstar"... "Most Damaging"... "Best player in the game"......etc. (all from one post) - no, hes not overrated at all, lol :sarcasm: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

adamkungl

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
*bump*

SBW = Genius. The most talented forward to hit the scene since Big Artie.

And at the very surely its time that everyone can agree on the fact that he is a superstar. The most damaging forward in the game. And currently the best player in the game.

....BAHAHA. Great player yes, I don't think I'll ever doubt him after the slaughter he laid on us a couple of months back, but ffs are you sleeping with him or something? Meh, anyone who thinks Fittler's the best he's ever seen is ok in my books...