What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Listening to the radio again today the quality of him has shown through yet again

Pure Energy has an ad on at the moment along the lines of

"We wanted Sonny Bill Williams to promote our drink but the NZRU said no, well we think Sonny Bill Williams is the perfect man to promote our brand. Go to facebook and like Sonny Bill Williams and you will get a free can"

The sheer arrogance of the bloke. And before you say it thirdeye, of course he has given his permission for his name to be used like this.

The best thing about it though, it is a clear F U to the Rugby Union so in a couple of months time he will be out of our hair, cant wait

Micistm

Bench
What's factual about that?

Um, SBWs heartfelt pledge a few weeks ago about paying back the fans, the NZRU for his past year...he felt it would be his way of thanking all...His words. Unless he signs, he's about to go back on that.Again, his words, not misquoted. It's a damn sight more factual that what you've produced. But again, feel free to explain what 'facts' you're talking about.
Incidently, there's been a radio advert on today for a water company, stating 'SBW wanted to promote this product but the NZRU wouldn't let him....'
Seriously, what a disgrace this guy is. Talk about a finger up at the NZRU that's given him his chance in NZ, a finger up at the sponser of the ABs, directly in competition to the product. SBW & his entourage so rate themselves as bigger than any code they are currently within. I guess it makes you the bucks, even if it does make you look like a knob end. Eventually the hype will die and he is going to have to produce something that matches it on field.

ThirdEye

Juniors
But again, feel free to explain what 'facts' you're talking about.
Thanks for the offer but I dont feel the need to explain it further - its already there in the text. Go back and have another look. If you miss the meaning again then there's probably no hope for you and no point in explaining it further.

Micistm

Bench
Thanks for the offer but I dont feel the need to explain it further - its already there in the text. Go back and have another look. If you miss the meaning again then there's probably no hope for you and no point in explaining it further.

Cheers. I think your reply says more than I ever could:lol:

ThirdEye

Juniors
He gave his word that he would be re signing prior to the World Cup with the NZRU, then last week came out and said he will be waiting until after the World Cup. Common trend here, the guys word means nothing
Were you there when he signed his contract, or present during the negotiations? If not, then these are merely opinions, not facts.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Were you there when he signed his contract, or present during the negotiations? If not, then these are merely opinions, not facts.

He was on tv STATING he would resign and he "shook hands" in agreement... that is a fact.. everybody else on here is right.

From where I stand, behind the warriors :) I am hoping that Bluey McClennan aked Sonny Bill if he is keen to come to Auckland and play for the warriors next year. Wish full thinking but hey be good to have another centre and the fact he has a good off load and having Locke in the best form. We would be looking solid for next year. Still hoping we can go all the way this year got 100 bucks on a win in the grand final at 15 buck odds. If we get Sonny next year I will double my bet next year. P.S Any one thought Inu offered nothing on attack? Sweet on the D, Bill was average too. Might be time to give Fish another run not much risk on our last round game imo
Thoughs on any of the above?

Its amazing the stupidity you read on these forums.

ThirdEye

Juniors
He was on tv STATING he would resign and he "shook hands" in agreement... that is a fact.. everybody else on here is right.
I dispute that SBW has said anything as equivocal as "I will definitely re-sign with NZRU after the world cup", and even if he had isn't a man allowed to change his mind? Is he the first player that pledged loyalty to NZRU and then changed his mind? Has 'shaking hands' replaced legally binding agreements? At worst, he has said that he wished to remain in NZ after the world cup but that is not the same thing as making a firm commitment.

Micistm

Bench

Exactly. Here's some more facts:

-He was unhappy at the Dogs. So unhappy he re-signed, for longer, for more money.
-He pledged allegience to the dogs, on the footy show, in front of kids while he was signing autographs...two weeks before he did his runner.
-He ran out on his contract. He left the car the dogs provided back at the car yard with the keys in it. The only idea his team mates had was one of them received a text to say he wouldn't need a ride to training.
-He hid in toilets (hence the nickname 'Dunny Bill') while making his way to france to get his Rugby contract. He hid in toilets again when there when summons were being served on him.
-He sent a video tape back to the footy show from France, with his reasons for leaving. It was 'Mundine-like' awful...he was treated like cattle, like a bus driver, the coach and club was rascist...His words, he can't be mistquoted-it was his own recorded tape.
-Since coming to NZ, he has been hot and cold, doing well at Super level, and showing spurts higher. But not enough for the constant selection above the better players in his position.
-While out injured he still finds the energy to **** off skiiing. :lol: The injuries do not get in the way of his chance to step into the ring to clout sickness beneficiaries. Jonah Lomu needs to increase his boxing credentials to level of 40yo sickness beneficiary to be considered next;-)
-His manager and mate Mundine have not been happy with the lack of selection, and have said so loudly and often via twitters amoungst other media outlets (deliberately).
-SBW pledges to stay in NZ for another year, to pay back fans and the NZRU. The only question is which franchise.
-SBW begins to back out of the deal when the NZRU refused to allow him to promote a product directly in competition with their major sponsor.
-SBW promotes that product anyway.

Anyone else;-):lol:

Micistm

Bench
I dispute that SBW has said anything as equivocal as "I will definitely re-sign with NZRU after the world cup", and even if he had isn't a man allowed to change his mind? Is he the first player that pledged loyalty to NZRU and then changed his mind? Has 'shaking hands' replaced legally binding agreements? At worst, he has said that he wished to remain in NZ after the world cup but that is not the same thing as making a firm commitment.

Yeah...like a firm written contract...which he has no qualms on running out on either...:lol:

Te Kaha

First Grade

No he didnt say that... he said he would DEFINITELY sign with the NZRU BEFORE the world cup after the Tri-Nations... becuse he wanted to pay back the people of NZ.... oh.. and a handshake is just as binding a contract as one thats written under NZ law... the only "contract" that requires writing is one for the sale of land...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

Wow, just wow

Perhaps Blind would be a better username :lol:

Spot On

Coach
Nothing enlightening yet? Elucidation? Anything but poor rhetoric? Any more facts three eyes?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Allowed to change mind? Yes.

First player that has pledged loyalty to NZRU then changed? To my knowledge, yes.

Has shaking hands replaced legally binding agreements? Legally, no. Morally, yes.

At worst he said he 'wished' to remain? Read the following: http://tvnz.co.nz/all-blacks/black-brand-tips-scales-sbw-4326023

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but nah. ThirdEye is the most ironic name I've ever heard. You're blind as a bat on this topic.

And hey, funny fact - the last player before SBW I remember to say he was committed to a contract, and POSSIBLY (see, I am not playing guessing games) shakes hands on the deal too was Greg Inglis to the Broncos. Guess what is real funny? Both are managed by Khoder Nasser. Both are dumb as posts. Both are mercinaries, who claimed they were coming home to be closer to family/play for the jersey/w*nk w*nk. Both are potential superstars who given the right commitment and headspace, could be legends of their game. But both are far from that.

Micistm

Bench
Still waiting for all these FACTS that make poor little SBW misunderstood by his critics that pick on him...