What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3 - QLD v NSW *SPOILERS*

pantherz9103

First Grade
lionheart008 said:
Piss poor performance by NSW

Piss poor, hardly the simple facts say they won 18-4 at Suncorp. Pretty impressive to look at, maybe the score flatters them but they still played vastly better in this game than the past two. If they were bad tonight then how bad were they in game 1 and 2 when they played far worse :roll:

salivor

First Grade
There should be no shame for Qld lifting the shield after that performance. The defence was amazing considering the circumstances. We may have got away with a 1 man bench if it had happened in game 2 but on a dry track with plenty of ball movement it was near impossible for Qld to win but we got damned near close to doing so.

Dragon

Coach
Grats Hazem, shoulda been there since game 1. Hope he gets a run next year, he didnt dissapoint.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Good to see NSW didn't get whitewashed but that Maroon defence that wouldn't break until the end but go the blues!

Parra Guru

Coach
Dodger said:
Hazem motm imo lol. Good game, very intense. Queensland just couldn't score.

:lol: get your hand off it.

Hazem hardly got near the ball but did manage to still score his mandatory 'johnny on the spot' try.

Full credit to him for what he did during the game, his tackle on Berrigan was good, but no where near MOM.

Buderus, Bobcat and Hindmarsh were the best IMO. Hayne and Stewart were the best of the backs.

Bomber

Bench
Congratulations to NSW, they were the better side tonight.

I can't get the words of this song out of my head though:
Destiny is dead
In the hands of bad luck
Before it might have made some sense
But now it's all farked up

Dragon

Coach
Parra Guru said:
:lol: get your hand off it.

Hazem hardly got near the ball but did manage to still score his mandatory 'johnny on the spot' try.

Full credit to him for what he did during the game, his tackle on Berrigan was good, but no where near MOM.

Buderus, Bobcat and Hindmarsh were the best IMO. Hayne and Stewart were the best of the backs.

Hazem shut down QLDs attack on a number of occasions, his defence was superb. And :lol: @ Hindmarsh one of the best

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
qld fan? were you a nsw fan 2 years ago?

are you asking me?

f**k thats annoying, i went through all the downs as a QLD fan, but when there are some ups people start questioning ya.

couldnt care less tbh, QLD are a better team than the last NSW team that whitewashed QLD (with girdler getting a record in the 3rd game, IIRC)

unbeleivably unlucky tonight, but wow what an effort.

salivor

First Grade
Hazem was good no doubt about it but Qld never got to put him to the test. He ended up marking Berrigan and Hunt with the injuries to Tate and Inglis changing the Qld backline.

innsaneink

Referee
Bomber said:
Congratulations to NSW, they were the better side tonight.

I can't get the words of this song out of my head though:
Destiny is dead
In the hands of bad luck
Before it might have made some sense
But now it's all farked up

I dont think so.

innsaneink

Referee
We were lucky Thursty left his kicking boots at home.
f**k me, that gimp Kimmorley went awol often, Ryan - imitating a crab"? sideways all night.
Cooper Hayne Bird Gallen Mason Bedsy all went well, Price & Bell the standouts for QLD

Razor

Coach
And again Murray showed he has no idea how to coach. Some of the most stupid tactical decisions I have ever seen tonight(right up there with some of the decisions in the past 5 Origin matches for NSW)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Dragon said:
Grats Hazem, shoulda been there since game 1. Hope he gets a run next year, he didnt dissapoint.

Yes definately, ignored critics saying he was too small and couldnt do it. Tonight he's proven he can do it at Origin level

I thought it was a gutsy performance from the Blues, they didnt want a clean sweep. Played a lot better in attack, one thing that was missing from NSW.

They did play well, I still think there should be plenty of fresh faces next year, including the coach, but good work from the boys tonight.

I thought Gidley played well off the bench, and Gallen and Bird were terrific.