What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3 - QLD v NSW *SPOILERS*

Jono Russell

Bench
Snoop said:
Geez. Some fickle NSW fans. I can't think what it would take for me to say 'Go NSW' but it would take much more than some sh*tty selections.

Well said. But hey I guess that is why QLD always come back and win because they have fire and passion inside. NSW and their supporters have very little inside.

anyway GO NSW

_Johnsy

Referee
Be fugged if i will ever wish a loss on nsw. Anyonw who serioulsy thinks that 2nd qld team that was named would beat nsw is in need of assessment at a MHU.

Fire up you piss weak sky blue princess pricks without backbones.

NSW22 QLD 14

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
lol, i just noticed something Johnsy... here's another Nietzsche quote (off the top of my head) "the highest values devalue themselves"

rings true about the dragons doesnt it :p

Ant

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 point or by 60 points it's still a loss

In team selections it makes a big difference, it means that your team is very competitive, or your team is hopeless.

Much of the commentary on this team by people on this site would point to it having lost by 60 points and being hopeless and needing mass changes.
The fact is they have been very competitive, but a lack of class in the halves has meant we have been unable to finish the games, qld have been able to.

Personally I don't see any great value in say bringing in watmough for say ryan, both have been good at club level, its not going to make a massive difference.

We just have to play tough like last game and then defend our butts off. I mean lets not forget qld probably won the last game thanks to a dodgy forward pass that meant our whole defence stopped for a moment, allowing Thurston to drift across and draw hayne up and put the kick in.

Our team was ultra competitive in game 2, and I would have thought we shaded them up front, but we just don't have halves to finish it. Thurston has been the difference between the sides.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ant said:
I mean lets not forget qld probably won the last game thanks to a dodgy forward pass that meant our whole defence stopped for a moment, allowing Thurston to drift across and draw hayne up and put the kick in..

So Kimmorley's s..t kicking game had nothing to do with the loss then:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Um..yes his kicking game was great..he contributed ZERO points to the team..good to see your expectations are low. Kimmorleys' option was bomb and hope and wait..geez that worked!

Ant

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
So Kimmorley's s..t kicking game had nothing to do with the loss then:lol:

No I didn't say that, I simply pointed out a pivotal moment in the game, that changed its course.

Kimmorley's kicking game wasn't bad, but it wasn't creative either. So back to my main point our problem is we lack star halves, and we don't have anyone waiting in the wings of the class of lockyer and thurston.

Dazzat

First Grade
Ant said:
No I didn't say that, I simply pointed out a pivotal moment in the game, that changed its course.

Kimmorley's kicking game wasn't bad, but it wasn't creative either. So back to my main point our problem is we lack star halves, and we don't have anyone waiting in the wings of the class of lockyer and thurston.

A halfback can't have a "creative" kicking game unless he's got the team to back it up. Kimmorley's game was pretty damn good in my opinion, but I'll remind you of this.

When Kimmorley put in a "creative" short kick, it was Petero Civ (slow, old front rower) who tackled the NSW player who picked it up - Stewart I think. It would have been a NSW TRY without Civ's covering tackle. Good kick - but Queensland had the desperation to cover it.

Kimmorley put several excellent "creative" kicks into the corners, but Tate made the right decision every time, whether it was catch over his head, let it go out, or bat it over the dead ball line.

Kimmorley was good - Queensland was better.

icewind

Juniors
and some people would say Carlaw doesn't deserve to play in soo. so we're even. no excuse to lose on wednesday week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Teams Updated:

GAME > Queensland v New South Wales
WHEN > Wednesday 4 July, 8:00pm
WHERE > SUNCORP STADIUM, BRISBANE QLD
MEDIA > LIVE on NINE NSW, LIVE 2GB, LIVE ABC, LeagueUnlimited LIVE UPDATE
REF > Paul Simpkins. Steve Chiddy and Russell Turner will be the sideline officials with Bill Harrigan the video referee.
TIX > Sold Out (Ticketek)

QLD
1. Karmichael HUNT (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Brent TATE (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Steven BELL (Manly Sea Eagles)
4. Justin HODGES (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Greg INGLIS (Melbourne Storm)
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan THURSTON (North QLD Cowboys)
8. Steve PRICE (New Zealand Warriors)
9. Cameron SMITH (Melbourne Storm)
10. Petero CIVONICEVA (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tonie CARROLL (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Carl WEBB (North QLD Cowboys)
13. Dallas JOHNSON (Melbourne Storm)

Interchange:
14. Shaun BERRIGAN (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Matthew BOWEN (North QLD Cowboys)
16. Nate MYLES (Sydney Roosters)
17. Neville COSTIGAN (Canberra Raiders)

NSW
1. Brett Stewart (Manly Sea Eagles)
2. Hazem El Masri (Bulldogs)
3. Matt King (Melbourne Storm)
4. Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
6. Greg Bird (Cronulla Sharks)
7. Brett Kimmorley (Cronulla Sharks)
8. Brent Kite (Manly Sea Eagles)
9. Danny Buderus (c) (Newcastle Knights)
10. Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta Eels)
12. Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs)
13. Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)

Interchange:
14. Luke Bailey (Gold Coast Titans)
15. Steve Simpson (Newcastle Knights)
16. Ryan Hoffman (Melbourne Storm)
17. Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights)

Numbering of El Masri and Bowen TBC

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bowen is wearing the no18, no idea about Hazem I would assume he is in the no2 jersey, king to the no3.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ben Creagh will wear 18 for NSW, Matt Bowen will wear 18 for QLD.

Ben Creagh is unlikely to play, while Bowen is officially on the QLD bench.

dragonfire

Bench
the Bowen selection is interesting, exactly who will he be replacing when comes onto the field? With his selection i think NSW will definitely try and go straight up the middle, lets justhope the forwards stand up and be counted. Should be a good match

Latest posts