What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO Game 1

boxhead

First Grade
Jason King did nothing, and at the start of the first half he tried to throw a miracle ball in our own 20 and we were lucky to get a kick away. Absolute waste of space.
Gasnier's mistake at the end was just the icing on the crap which he dished up.
Young did ok but honestly we looked so slow at the start of the first half and it's no surprise we looked so much quicker and actually got a roll on at the end of the first half.

Not sure about Hayne coming into the side, I think the core of the side did well, but it showed how much we missed an impact forward.

boxhead

First Grade
Idris would offer far more than that clown Gasnier.

Oh and by the way Raiders_Princess, this game just proved that we need a player like Hayne in there SOMEWHERE to spark the team in attack. We had little direction and frankly our two tries, whilst well constructed and well executed, just was not enough. We did not threaten at all for the majority of the game.

Dugan has to stay, he was solid; Hayne has to figure somewhere though, even if it is off the bench. Ten minutes to go, four points the difference, he is the player NSW would want on the field.

bartman

Immortal
Morris botched up badly on the Yow Yeh try. I'd be happy to see Hayne come in on the wing in his place, but Ricky's been quoted as saying he doesn't want players picked out of position (even though Hayne is an established rep winger).

I was happy with NSW's effort in defence for most of the first half, but Pearce isn't really a standout halfback option (the cupboard's pretty bare).

We can't compete with Queensland's spine - Slater, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith - and throw in Cronk as a 5th, he had some nice playmaker touches like the kick for Yow Yeh. Too much quality Queensland.

Matt Scott was a beast and was my pick for MoM.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We need more strike power, Hayne to be brought in
We need 80 minutes of creativity up the middle of the park, Farrah to be brought in

Drop Morris for Hayne
Drop Young for Farrah
Drop King for Lars
Drop Scott for Douglas (he played a blinder against the Eels - was the best forward on the park) and played big minutes.

Keep all else as is.

Joely01

Bench
Am I the only one who thinks Dugan needs to go, he was caught out of position ALOT tonight, Ricky you stuffed up get hayne back in now. An Morris you utter rubbish and offer nothing, I can't get over that yow yeh try both just stand there looking at the ball.... Pathetic

mickdo

Coach
Glad I didn't watch. Until NSW take origin a bit more seriously I don't think I'll bother again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dugan-wasnt he there to run holes? seemed to do a lot of passing-some would say like a 5/8? Cost us a few tries beeing caught out in defense.
Idris + Lewis need to find a spot somewhere.

hybrideel

Bench
I'd love to say Dugan was crap but he was ok. He did a fullbacks job apart from knocking on the grubber. I can't blame him for morris's try. Can't see how Hayne will get back in with the close game unfortunately regardless of how good he goes over the next few weeks

Eelementary

Post Whore
Am I the only one who thinks Dugan needs to go, he was caught out of position ALOT tonight, Ricky you stuffed up get hayne back in now. An Morris you utter rubbish and offer nothing, I can't get over that yow yeh try both just stand there looking at the ball.... Pathetic

Nope. I agree. Dugan supposedly is a more natural fullback and defensively sound...He was very ordinary. Aside from catching bombs and laying on Jennings' try, he was ordinary.

And here we have Jarryd Hayne, who instead of going into his shell, plays out of his skin during Origin time. But Ricky won't pick him.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Dugan was okay, but did Gasnier look to his right once all night?

Thaiday was awesome for them. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the Blue & Gold.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dugan was ok exactly.Hayne would of set up atleast one try..Dugan offered jack shite in attack.Just gave us a safe game.We need points!!!

bartman

Immortal
Glad I didn't watch. Until NSW take origin a bit more seriously I don't think I'll bother again.
Missed a good game Mickdo.... NSW defended well and then fought back to an unlikely lead with only 10 mins to play. And then Qld reeled out the skills that only their squad has (no matter who we pick).

Dugan went OK, soaked up a heap of pressure. Will be better for the run and getting used to the combos, and I hope to see him come into his own in game 2. Ditto for Soward.

TeHEel

Juniors
The only way Hayne gets into the sidefor game 2 is through injury. Any other way will be an Ricky saying he got it wrong.....And we all know he is not going to say that..

I would have the Bogan on the wing instead of Morris

hindy111

Post Whore
Also our front rowers are too soft-Mannah is a good player but he aint origin tuff like Scott is. TLL should be looked at as should Luke douglas.
Gallen was superb! Beau Scott very good!!
Bird was solid but Lewis still would be better..Young ??? Idris off bench thanks.