What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO Game 1

yy_cheng

Coach
Also our front rowers are too soft-Mannah is a good player but he aint origin tuff like Scott is. TLL should be looked at as should Luke douglas.
Gallen was superb! Beau Scott very good!!
Bird was solid but Lewis still would be better..Young ??? Idris off bench thanks.

Beau Scott got sucked in by Lockyer which left a yawning hole for Slater

Hutchy86

Juniors
surely Mannah should start ahead of King? and Douglas, Galloway or Weyman ahead of Snowden? Put big Kade on the bench.. he was soft tonight.
Hayne needs to come in for Morris.. at least we know he'll come looking for the ball. Any winger outside of Gasnier will be completely starved

eels1986

Juniors
surely Mannah should start ahead of King? and Douglas, Galloway or Weyman ahead of Snowden? Put big Kade on the bench.. he was soft tonight.
Hayne needs to come in for Morris.. at least we know he'll come looking for the ball. Any winger outside of Gasnier will be completely starved

Uate played outside Gasnier.Plus I thought Boyd jammed in on him very well tonight.

What did people think of Merrin - not to sure if I would pick him for game 2?

eels1986

Juniors
Mannah is a workhorse not an explosive player. He was the pick of the props for NSW tonight. Maybe a starting spot next game?

yy_cheng

Coach

Gaz is one of the best centres to make use of his winger. The credit should goto Boyd. Boyd, a fullback on the wing, shut down Gasnier.

Kornstar

Coach
NSW's Defence was good......that is about it!

I thought QLD suffered with Hodges and Inglis out, if they play game II, NSW are f*cked imo.......

yy_cheng

Coach
Contrary to Ricky's belief, I reckon Hayne's ball playing ability was missing.

Soward didn't show up in attack. Pearce was better but a 3rd option would've helped.

NSW doesn't play to the same structure as St George so all the Drag players didn't know what to do.

Creagh, Morris, Young, Merrin were useless

1. Dugan
2. Hayne (switches to 1 and ballplays when required)
3. Jennings
4. Gaz
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. TLL
9. Farah
10.Snowden
11.Bird
12.Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Kidley/Corey Payne if he is a NSWelshman
15. Mannah
16. Galloway/Tolmann
17. Idris

Last edited:

muznik

Juniors
I thought Scott was one of our best for NSW so was surprised to read some posts here.
Dugan whilst not doing too much wrong bar the knock on doesnt seem a patch on Hayne. Having said that I wouldnt be too adverse to Hayne taking Morris' spot & giving Dugan another shot.

Trying to remain positive despite another disappointing result.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Poor use of the interchange, i mean why take mannah off and replace him with creagh leaving with 1 forward on the field.

NSW Defence was great, they just missed someone to grab the game by the balls and do something special.

Kornstar

Coach
I thought Scott was one of our best for NSW so was surprised to read some posts here.
Dugan whilst not doing too much wrong bar the knock on doesnt seem a patch on Hayne. Having said that I wouldnt be too adverse to Hayne taking Morris' spot & giving Dugan another shot.

Trying to remain positive despite another disappointing result.

Not to knock Dugan but Hayne got 1 chance at fullback last year in game III and was damn good and was dropped for game I this year.......Dugan was ok but not great.......should probably be given another shot, Hayne in for Morris!

Hopefully QLD can wrap up the series in game II as dickhead Stuart will pick the wrong team again!

Where was TLL & Lewis, honestly????? TLL should have been ahead of Mannah or King imo......

Phil Gould can do NSW a favour too and give him the Penrith coaching job!

Kornstar

Coach
Poor use of the interchange, i mean why take mannah off and replace him with creagh leaving with 1 forward on the field.

NSW Defence was great, they just missed someone to grab the game by the balls and do something special.

They (Farah, Lewis or Hayne) were watching it from home thanks to dicky Stuart!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly if Hayne plays tonight NSW probably win, Morris was garbage(again) And Ennis is an overated grubby Merkin, how bad was his kick on the 4th which went down Slaters throat which helped QLD back on the front foot???? 4 tackes later they score, it was a Morts special.

yy_cheng

Coach
Not to knock Dugan but Hayne got 1 chance at fullback last year in game III and was damn good and was dropped for game I this year.......Dugan was ok but not great.......should probably be given another shot, Hayne in for Morris!

Hopefully QLD can wrap up the series in game II as dickhead Stuart will pick the wrong team again!

Where was TLL & Lewis, honestly????? TLL should have been ahead of Mannah or King imo......

Phil Gould can do NSW a favour too and give him the Penrith coaching job!

I believe Lewis only played 1 or at most 2 games prior to selections. Definitely should be there for game 2