What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths dump Galuvao to QLD Cup

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
black cat said:
well its now complete.souths fans have overtaken roosters as the biggest bunch of wankers.
ive just got a few questions
1)when joe signed did souths have a feeder club in bris.
2)how many other souths players have been sent to this feeder club
3)does anyone honestly think this isnt being done to get joe to quit

face it souths signed him turned him from an international into a reggie and now they want him to give up his pay and say thankyou for ruining my career.

We signed him off the back of two injury plagued years and he had only just began playing FG again off the bench. He hadn't played test footy for two years. Pull your head in idiot.

Ice777

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
We signed him off the back of two injury plagued years and he had only just began playing FG again off the bench. He hadn't played test footy for two years. Pull your head in idiot.

So Souths signed a player for $350K a year off the back of two injury plagued years?........... If they were really that stupid then they deserve everything they get :lol:

Tom Ace

Bench
Souths have gone from everyones second favourite team to one of the more hated and they haven't won anything or even been successful enough to give others a reason to resent them.

Well done to Crowe & your little lesbian looking mate!

Gus22

Juniors
If Souths want to play hard-ball so should Joe. South apparantly have the legal right to send him to play for their QLD feeder club to earn his salary. I'd imagine Joe has the legal right to still collect his salary even if he didn't play due to illness or injury.

Migranes are episodic, debilitating and can last upto 72 hours. Furthermore one of the triggers can be stress. If Joe gets stressed about having to fly to Qld on a Thursday morning & gets a 72 hour migrane, then he has a valid reason for staying home.

He could use some of the $1,050,000 Souths are paying him to buy some asprin.

jack t ripper

Juniors
I dont believe some of the dribbled arguments that have been posted on this matter.
YES souths are paying joe way to much money.
YES hes playing like a three toed sloth missing all three toes & shouldnt be playing premier league on so much money,but he is.
YES souths could have handled it better just like all the other clubs could have handled things better on different problems.
many clubs have done what souths want to do & let go off an under performing player even though he is still under contract,he would have been given options but for one reason or another not taken them up.souths are obviously trying to free up money & spend it on other players to strengthen there squad for next season ,can joe find his old form before then looks very unlikely.they paid overs for him just to come to souths to start off with & i hope you agree that he unfortunately he hasnt delivered for some 18 months ,i for one was wrapped that joe was coming to souths but i wondered were that rampaging player from the panthers had gone to.WHATS wrong with all of this is the way BOTH parties have gone about it.surely common sense will come to the table & what is best for both the club & the player to be sorted out & the whole mess delt with succesfully & quickly.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Max Power said:
Souths have gone from everyones second favourite team to one of the more hated and they haven't won anything or even been successful enough to give others a reason to resent them.

Do you seriously believe that anyone invloved in Souths, be it a fan or Russell himself, gives a toss what your run of the mill, sh*t kicker fan like yourself thinks? I don't care if we become 10 times more despised than Sydney and their fans at their peak. Sydney aren't worth hating anymore, they provide too much comic relief.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Ice777 said:
So Souths signed a player for $350K a year off the back of two injury plagued years?........... If they were really that stupid then they deserve everything they get :lol:

One could make an argument. Richo made a mistake in buying a player for PR purposes and nothing else. Now he is trying to fix it.

Ice777

Bench
Max Power said:

Everything you said is spot on :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
S.S.T.I.D said:
Do you seriously believe that anyone invloved in Souths, be it a fan or Russell himself, gives a toss what your run of the mill, sh*t kicker fan like yourself thinks? I don't care if we become 10 times more despised than Sydney and their fans at their peak. Sydney aren't worth hating anymore, they provide too much comic relief.

At least Nick politis doesn't pen an article in the telly discussing how Mark O'Meley was just walking down the Road one day with a big smile on his face and decided to give him a call...That was even funnier than a Matt Orford Hatrick...

...The Migraine idea is 10/10.

Ice777

Bench
t-ba said:
At least Nick politis doesn't pen an article in the telly discussing how Mark O'Meley was just walking down the Road one day with a big smile on his face and decided to give him a call...That was even funnier than a Matt Orford Hatrick...

...The Migraine idea is 10/10.

What you mean Rusty's script for his latest love story? I've gotta admit i absolutely pissed myself laughing when i read it the first time just as i did when i re-read it then. Then when the laughing subsided i just wanted to spew :lol:

How Souths snared Craig Wing

By Russell Crowe
South Sydney co-owner
June 21, 2007
I CAN remember the words clearly ..."I'm coming home." Last Wednesday - after a series of meetings and phone calls - Craig Wing told me he wanted to sign with Souths.

I told him to go away and mull things over for a few days. I wanted him to really examine the move and said he should ring me by 5pm last Friday. At five minutes to five my mobile phone rang and it was Craig.He then said those three words, "I'm coming home."

Craig's signing is equal in significance to us attracting Roy Asotasi last year.But the deal with Wing didn't just happen. It took time.It started about four weeks ago when Craig phoned me personally. He had been told in no uncertain-terms that Souths had no interest in him. He said to me that he just wanted to hear it first hand. I was surprised and told him that it simply wasn't true.

When Craig left Souths in 1999 when the club was kicked out he always said he wanted to return. So I asked him. Do you want to come back? He said yes.We had initially been tipped off about Craig's desire to return home by Alan Jones. Alan had rung Peter Holmes a Court and told of Craig's ambitions.

Peter was happy that Alan had rung - Alan wasn't one of our supporters when we took over last year but obviously he has Souths at heart. After that phone call Craig came to my office in Woolloomooloo. There was no lunch served or any meal - it was work.

I was immediately impressed with Craig - he wore a suit and presented himself extremely well.I asked him what it would take and Craig looked me straight in the eye and gave me a figure. I told him we couldn't afford that but there was scope for negotiation. Craig then told me a funny story.

In 1999, he said his favourite player was Wally Lewis. He managed to find a piece of Lewis memorabilia which was signed.Craig told me he still has it. And it's still on his wall.
He said it drove him for years through four grand finals, 10 State of Origin games and 16 Tests.

We had several more meetings at Woolloomooloo where Craig said this would be his final contract in Australia and that he wanted to complete the full circle and return home to Souths. His returning to Souths is about loyalty and passion.

In those latter meetings we found out more about Craig, his ambitions and who he was as a person.There was a collective desire there for him to sign with us.The money situation was working itself out but Craig knew where he wanted to play.

He rang me one day and said: "I'm walking down the street with a smile on my face. It feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. I feel I'm in the right place'.

You guys are a bunch of moron's.

When Souths signed Joe, we weren't the only club interested. So the guy had two injury plagued years, i'd love to see what sort of price tag Anthony Minichello would command if his contract was up for renewal and before you all say that Minichello is a better player, Joe's credentials were similar at the time. Played for NZ, played in a grand final winning team.

Of course we haven't won anything, we ran last in 2006. Anyone with half a brain can see that Souths are re-building toward future success. The fact that we aren't running last is success enough for this year. The fact that we are no longer everyone's second favourite team mean's sh*t all. Second favourite doesn't mean you join the club, come out to games etc. etc. I don't have a second favourite team because I am committed to one.

If Joe developed a Migraine then good luck to him. I would have preferred him to develop a heart and pay some decent Footy but that obviously isn't meant to be.

Nick Politis would need to take Phil Gould's p*nis out of his mouth to be able to get up and write an article.

Oh and Melbourne once had the Bears as their premier league team but the Bears had to look elsewhere because the Storm were sending all the quality players to QLD cup.

At the end of the day South Sydney pay Joe's wage and have a written contract with him. If they feel that he isn't living up to that contract then they could send him back to play for the Coogee Wombats if they liked. How Joe takes what has happened to him is entirely up to him.

t-ba

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
What you mean Rusty's script for his latest love story? I've gotta admit i absolutely pissed myself laughing when i read it the first time just as i did when i re-read it then. Then when the laughing subsided i just wanted to spew :lol:

He rang me one day and said: "I'm walking down the street with a smile on my face. It feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. I feel I'm in the right place'.

:lol::lol::lol:

Gus22

Juniors
Man, Russell Crowe is so full of sh*t!
Joe should shout him a packet of Laxettes next time he's at the chemist buying his asprins.

Ice777

Bench
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Of course we haven't won anything, we ran last in 2006. Anyone with half a brain can see that Souths are re-building toward future success.

That's the first thing you've said that made any sense. Which begs the question, if Souths haven't won anything besides spoons in recent years then why the f**k are you and the majority of Souths supporters on here so arrogant?

t-ba

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
That's the first thing you've said that made any sense. Which begs the question, if Souths haven't won anything besides spoons in recent years then why the f**k are you and the majority of Souths supporters on here so arrogant?

Just imitating their overlord I'm guessing.

"Damn you Ron Howard, you promised me an oscar for that sh*tpile of a film!"

yobbo84

Coach
Ice777 said:

Because we support the greatest Rugby League club in the world.

Did we win Russell ?
Can I have my lunch money this week ?
`My son came home in a jumper and I fell in love'
What an utter ku9t he is.
Has his scarf and new hat been through the wash yet ?

Alba

Coach
I've read this whole thread and I cannot believe what some people are saying! Joe hasn't played good footy, or anything resembling that, for a while now. If that happened at any of your clubs I have no doubt you would be singing to a different tune. It's just another excuse to bag Souths imo. Blah blah "Russell Crowes wallet" blah blah "PHaC this" blah. It is all getting very repetitive and tiring. And what has Craig Wing got to do with this situation? Why bring that up?

Souths have tried to help Joe find another club, he hasn't been very co operative. It is his right to not agree with what the club is doing but as it's been said a thousand times in this thread, he is under contract and if the club wants him to play in the QLD Cup then it is THEIR right too. As anyone else in here would also prefer- I'd rather free up the cap for other players coming through and joining our club than continue to pay it out to someone who plays with no heart and has shown us no reason to think he will pull his finger out.

Latest posts