What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths dump Galuvao to QLD Cup

You guys should come back and talk to us Souths fans when your team's have won as many premierships as us. Our club moulded this game into what it is and don't you forget it. Whne you have been around as long as Souths have, you are going to collect a few records and yes, some of them we are not proud of. How about I illegally eject your team from the competition and see how long it takes them to rebuild when they come back.

If News limited hadn't funded the Storm they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. If the Roosters hadn't stolen our Juniors since the year dot then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on either. Apart from the fact that we were ejected illegally, we came back into this competition for one simple reason. Rugby League was shiite without us. We may not always play the best footy but everyone wants to talk about us and everyone is interested in what happens at Souths. If Joe Galuvao were at any other club, no one would have given a toss.

eagle rock

Juniors
Different kind of Rabbit said:
You guys should come back and talk to us Souths fans when your team's have won as many premierships as us. Our club moulded this game into what it is and don't you forget it. Whne you have been around as long as Souths have, you are going to collect a few records and yes, some of them we are not proud of. How about I illegally eject your team from the competition and see how long it takes them to rebuild when they come back.

If News limited hadn't funded the Storm they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. If the Roosters hadn't stolen our Juniors since the year dot then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on either. Apart from the fact that we were ejected illegally, we came back into this competition for one simple reason. Rugby League was shiite without us. We may not always play the best footy but everyone wants to talk about us and everyone is interested in what happens at Souths. If Joe Galuvao were at any other club, no one would have given a toss.

geez mate get off the bong. :cool:

Tom Ace

Bench
Spiltmilk said:
Lets play the Souths V Roosters slanging match again shall we:lol:

So hows the Roosters big year of celebration going?

100 years is a marketing gimmick, just like Souths being the 'Pride of the League'.

It's a load of sh!t.

The fact that we have been in the comp for the longest is the real achievement, the fact that it's 100 years is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

You guys will realise that in a couple of years when you get to 100. Your a couple of years behind us because you were kicked out for being pathetic for a few years. Remember that? Yeah, i'm sure you do

The way this competition is set up now, there will not be anymore monopolies. The salary cap catches up with everyone. At the moment the Broncos are being picked over like vultures, next it will be Melbourne's turn. The system insures that a team at the bottom can rise to the top. Only way to sustain your run is to have strong juniors and a healthy turnover of talent. If you sit on good players for too long they turn stale and all of your juniors have gone elsewhere. This is why Brisbane have been succesful. They have a lot of Juniors coming through and Bennett doesn't sit on talent for too long. South Sydney have finally come to this realisation and they have some fantastic Juniors coming through. This is why all us South Sydney fans are confident. Buy good talent in key positions and develop players to fill the rest.

We may have bought poorly in previous years but last year we picked up the buy of the decade in Asotasi. We are building the facilities to make people like Roy believe that we are a club worth coming to and we no longer have to pay overs to attract second best. For the first time in a long time, people want to play for Souths. We may be 12th this year but we are only just starting.

Max Power said:
100 years is a marketing gimmick, just like Souths being the 'Pride of the League'.

It's a load of sh!t.

The fact that we have been in the comp for the longest is the real achievement, the fact that it's 100 years is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

You guys will realise that in a couple of years when you get to 100. Your a couple of years behind us because you were kicked out for being pathetic for a few years. Remember that? Yeah, i'm sure you do

Difference being, our pathetic times are behind us. When the Roosters take home the spoon this year, in your 100th year, take comfort in the fact that Souths have finished above you.:lol:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Max Power said:

It's a load of sh!t.

Your clubs only claim to fame is that it has been in the league two more years than Souths. Leeching off our great name as usual.

Tom Ace

Bench
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Difference being, our pathetic times are behind us. When the Roosters take home the spoon this year, in your 100th year, take comfort in the fact that Souths have finished above you.:lol:

I'm sure you are used to being last, bottom of the table, wooden spooners or dunces (I'm sure you have created plenty of names for it over the last few years) so I guess 12th isn't pathetic for you. It's an amazing achievement! :lol:

Souths, always accepting mediocrity. Sad really.

Tom Ace

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
Your clubs only claim to fame is that it has been in the league two more years than Souths. Leeching off our great name as usual.

Speaking of leeching:
Webb
Rigon
Cusack
Fletcher
Williams
Hegarty
Wing

South Sydney Roosters. :lol:

Seems Souths are doing all the leeching.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Max Power said:
Speaking of leeching:
Webb
Rigon
Cusack
Fletcher
Williams
Hegarty
Wing

South Sydney Roosters. :lol:

Seems Souths are doing all the leeching.

You can take Wing off that list, just taking back what is rightfully ours.

Tom Ace

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
How do you surmise we got to where we are?

Let me see, you came stone motherless last in '06 and I'm sure there is no 17th team unless some other club has whinged about being put back in, so yep, you had nowhere to fall from.

Wow, you really aren't a bright one are you sport?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Max Power said:
Let me see, you came stone motherless last in '06 and I'm sure there is no 17th team unless some other club has whinged about being put back in, so yep, you had nowhere to fall from.

Wow, you really aren't a bright one are you sport?

You insinuated in your post that Souths had never experienced a fall. Were we to be expected to rise from last to first in one season?

Tom Ace

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
You can take Wing off that list, just taking back what is rightfully ours.

Strange that if he was rightfully yours he would of gone back "home" when your park football team was admitted back into the comp. I mean, if he was so loyal and desperate to "come home" he would of left wouldn't he? Because he bled red and green right? :lol:

He went to Souths for the money and contract length, you know it as well as I do.

Oh and he went because Crowe asked him "Craig, would you like to come to South Sydney?" :lol:

So no, he stays on the list of scraps that the South Sydney Roosters have grovelled for.

Tom Ace

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
You insinuated in your post that Souths had never experienced a fall. Were we to be expected to rise from last to first in one season?

Nope, I said Souths had nowhere to fall from after coming last. This is getting embarrassing for you isn't it? I'm embarrassed for you.

It's ok, 12th is brilliant for Souths and I applaud you for accepting your club will never be much more successul than that.

rabbitville

The real point to this has been missed completely.

Richardson should be held accountable for this, if you think Joe is wasting our money, Richo is on much more and doesn't do sh!t other than stuff everything up.

The self proclaimed best CEO in the sport is a complete dunce.

Galeforce

Bench
Very strange some holier than thou attitudes by some of the folks on this thread.

1) Joe G was signed by Souths on good money
2) Joe G has been disappointing to say the least
3) Souths have dropped him
4) Some Good players have been known to retire before their contracts are up. This is a personal decision .
5) I believe if Souths management had every right to discuss with Joe G about the value of his retiring and focus on another career path. This i understand was in private. Joe
elected to make this discusssion public to the press. Why did he do that? Some folks would have had the discussion and stated that they wanted the contract honored and that was it. All in private. However to be frank , i am disappointed that Joe G did not have the confidence to keep this careeer discussion private.
If any of you have been an employer let me know how you would feel about an employee who elected to make a private discusion public.

6) Joe G by going public , has already , shown his hand , and caused dissention in the club.
Also shown his lack of confidence or balls to show he is good enough.

7) anyway i can only assume that Joe G has been digging in his heals about moving to any other club , be it ESL , and basically responded , i am happy to stay and play in reserves.

8) faced with this option , and publicity of a player on big money , who is willing to play out his time and also go public on private discussions..........well frankly i read the situation as Souths stating OK , we will continue to pay you , however we do not want you around to bring down the moral of the the players in sydney.

9) souths will pay for his accomodation to play in Brisbane. and club and player can go seperate ways , whilst Joe is getting his contract money.

This is unfortunate situation ,however for dimwits , who can only point the finger at souths.......well wake up.

Latest posts