What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths dump Galuvao to QLD Cup

badav

Bench
Souths have every right to dump Guluvao back to QLD cup if they feel thats their game. So he turned out to be a dud buy. All clubs make poor buys at some stage. Souths more than others in recent times. Cant believe people are complaining about it, you cant just keep someone in first grade because of the salary that they are on. How stupid.

innsaneink

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
How is this a case of management bullying? His performance isn't up to PL standard so he is being sent to play with one of our other feeder clubs, on the same money mind you. The club have done nothing wrong.

LOL...weak as piss, the Qld cup is equal if not stronger than PL.

Theyre trying to force him to quit, its obvious and nothing souths fans say will change that.

Whats his family situation? Kids?

Yeah, it should be pretty obvious to anyone that the only reason he's being sent up to the QLD cup is because Souths are hoping he'll quit rather than do that. They don't want to pay him his salary and they don't want to buy out his contract. If you're okay with that then fine, but don't pretend this is anything other than a move by Souths that they hope will result in Joe quitting.

I mean come on, this is the same club that a few weeks ago was trying to convince him to quit rugby league altogether and become a minister so they didn't have to pay him any more!

rooster69

Juniors
Rocky Rabbit said:
Who do you think we should leave out to accomodate Joe in firsts??

Widders...... ball player who has a kicking game and can break the line
Fa'alogo...... Current Kiwi 2nd rower and one of the best every week for the bunnies
Stuart......... Having a great year and can run the ball up hard and tackle harder
Lowe.......... If theres a fight we know we can at least win that with him
Manese...... Great young prop with a big future
Rigon......... Can move into most postions on the field and great in defence.

nice to see a players merits are on how good his boxing skills are ..........thats the souffs we all love to see.

as for poor joe , it wont belong before Crowe tries tear gas and stun grenades to shift him from redfern...

rooster69 said:
nice to see a players merits are on how good his boxing skills are ..........thats the souffs we all love to see.

as for poor joe , it wont belong before Crowe tries tear gas and stun grenades to shift him from redfern...

Like you can talk??

Lets see what happens to Nate Myles in a few weeks time?

At least we won't have far to drive at the end of the year when we deliver the spoon to the Roosters. You'll be fine with it though, the Trophy cabinet at Roosters HQ is empty. Hope its nice and strong though because its going to have to house that spoon for a few years to come.

badav said:
Souths have every right to dump Guluvao back to QLD cup if they feel thats their game. So he turned out to be a dud buy. All clubs make poor buys at some stage. Souths more than others in recent times. Cant believe people are complaining about it, you cant just keep someone in first grade because of the salary that they are on. How stupid.

Thankyou Badav! Finally someone who supports another team other than Souths has put this whole thing in perspective.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if Souths want to get rid of him that bad, just pay him out and get it over and done with...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Southernsaint said:
I know, what does the boss earn?? $20 million a flick??

exactly...but it's half obvious what their motivation is, they're just too gutless to come out and say it.

Why pay someone for nothing? If you are going to pay someone $350k, you may as well get something out of it. He can go up there and mentor some of the young back rowers.

Ice777

Bench
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Thankyou Badav! Finally someone who supports another team other than Souths has put this whole thing in perspective.

So let me get this straight. Just because a supporter of a team other than Souths agrees with you the whole thing has been put into perspective? :lol:

The only ones that need to put things into perspective are Souths fans and the ONE other bloke who thinks the same as you poor delusional souls :crazy:

Ice777 said:
So let me get this straight. Just because a supporter of a team other than Souths agrees with you the whole thing has been put into perspective? :lol:

The only ones that need to put things into perspective are Souths fans and the ONE other bloke who thinks the same as you poor delusional souls :crazy:

Don't lecture me on perspectives, your team sends players up to QLD cup all the time. Does that mean that Melbourne are mistreating anyone that doesn't play first grade? No, it means that QLD cup is a feeder competition to the NRL and has been for a few years now. The level of competition there is as strong as Premier League if not stronger so sending someone there to play is no insult.

The fact of the matter is that South Sydney have two feeder clubs and we can send players to play for either of them should they not be required in first grade. Easts are short a second rower and Souths and Norths have one surplus. If we had sent Michael Greenfield or some other reserve grader up there no one would have said boo!

Don't presume that just because you have jumped on the Melbourne Storm bandwagon due to their success in recent years, that you can stand on a pedestal and dictate to the masses! My Bronco supporting friend and I know that it is Souths who are paying Big Joe's bills so they can put him to work wherever they like.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
You know what I think is funny. All you non-souths fans are basically telling us that we are heartless for not supporting Joe G and agreeing with the move. NEWSFLASH!!!!!!! We are just supporting our club and backing their decisions. whilst we may not fully agree we all believe our management has the interests of the club in their mind at all times. we have faith in our management.

...But hey maybe we should try (and fail) to organise a skywriter to write... "PHAC U CROWE!!!" If we don't agree with their decisions...but we won't because we actually like our management.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Jack Off said:
You know what I think is funny. All you non-souths fans are basically telling us that we are heartless for not supporting Joe G and agreeing with the move. NEWSFLASH!!!!!!! We are just supporting our club and backing their decisions. whilst we may not fully agree we all believe our management has the interests of the club in their mind at all times. we have faith in our management.

...But hey maybe we should try (and fail) to organise a skywriter to write... "PHAC U CROWE!!!" If we don't agree with their decisions...but we won't because we actually like our management.

You know what I think is funny?? All you Souths fans whinged in the late 90's when you were getting the arse from the NRL, saying that footy "transcends business" and is about mateship and doing the "right thing", but now that your club f**ked up and signed a player for too long and for too much, you want to put the squeeze on Joe in order for him to quit.

It's a hypocritical stance...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
You know what I think is funny?? All you Souths fans whinged in the late 90's when you were getting the arse from the NRL, saying that footy "transcends business" and is about mateship and doing the "right thing", but now that your club f**ked up and signed a player for too long and for too much, you want to put the squeeze on Joe in order for him to quit.

Sorry, that is a hot load of crap.

All we wanted was to see our team run out every weekend, just like everyone else. If they got spanked or somehow jagged a game, who cared, as long as we could see the Cardinal and Myrtle running around.

The only gibberer that sprouted that rubbish was was the same moron that ran our club into the ground. In the end, he only reflected what was best for number one, and that was not the club.

black cat

Juniors
well its now complete.souths fans have overtaken roosters as the biggest bunch of wankers.
ive just got a few questions
1)when joe signed did souths have a feeder club in bris.
2)how many other souths players have been sent to this feeder club
3)does anyone honestly think this isnt being done to get joe to quit

face it souths signed him turned him from an international into a reggie and now they want him to give up his pay and say thankyou for ruining my career.

Ice777

Bench
Don't lecture me on perspectives, your team sends players up to QLD cup all the time. Does that mean that Melbourne are mistreating anyone that doesn't play first grade? No, it means that QLD cup is a feeder competition to the NRL and has been for a few years now. The level of competition there is as strong as Premier League if not stronger so sending someone there to play is no insult.

Don't presume that just because you have jumped on the Melbourne Storm bandwagon due to their success in recent years, that you can stand on a pedestal and dictate to the masses! My Bronco supporting friend and I know that it is Souths who are paying Big Joe's bills so they can put him to work wherever they like.

You've obviously come into this thread half arsed without reading it because if you had you would've seen that i've answered the question in regards to the Storm sending players to QLD. We do it because we HAVE to, we don't have a premier league team based in Melbourne so we have no choice but to send them up to QLD as it's our ONLY feeder team.

That's the whole point people are making genius, Souths DO have a choice to keep him in Sydney with his family and not uproot his life by sending him to QLD. But they choose not to in the hope that he'll walk away without kicking up a stink. It's so f**king obvious to everyone except imbeciles like you.

Oh and as for "jumping on the Storm bandwagon" I've been a member since before day one and will continue to be so no matter how successful they are or not. BTW, what success have we had in recent years knackers? A grand final loss? I'm not too sure about you but i don't class that as real successful. If anything they failed.

Snoop

Coach
He can go up there and mentor some of the young back rowers.

As opposed to mentoring some of the young back rowers in Premier League?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Southernsaint said:

We had officials at the club that thought footy transcended business and look how far that got us circa 2002-06.

I don't know if any Souths fan has said that they don't believe we are trying to get him to quit. But some of the suggestions from a lot of you are simply outrageous. Anything from the club deliberately sobotaging our chances to win by not playing him to forcing him to live in a roach infested motel. Their is clearly an agenda amongst a lot of you. Sweet as.

The club does want him to walk away and are doing everything in their power to do so. I could've sworn that the Sharks had just done a similar thing. Again I ask, where was the outrage then? Canberra sacked a chap because he is mates with an imbecile. Where was the outrage then (and I'm pretty sure Irwin wasn't on $7000 a week)? Joe has dug his heels in and refused to move on despite the best efforts of the club. Now we are playing hard ball. Like I have said adnausem, his form is not up to PL standard, so rather than send him to play with Kensington or Maroubra this weekend he will play in what some of you claim to be an even better standard comp than the one he not fit for now (the QLD Cup is not the same standard of the NSW PL, it is worse).

We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am behind the club 100% because as a financial member I don't want part (or any) of my fees going towards paying out a bloke that is an imposter of a footballer.

Latest posts