What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths dump Galuvao to QLD Cup

Ziggy the God

First Grade
mean_maori_mean said:
The Reason big joe is now playing Qld cup, is not because he is not good enough for PL - its becoz they want to get rid of him.

He should be playing FG - most of the people saying he's crap purely because he is in PL, when clearly he has deserved a call-up and deserved to stay in the team, especially with injuries and suspensions.

While is getting paid a shiat load, he has not being given the chance this season to have a fair go and the clubs actions right from the start of the season have done everything in their power for him to play worse.

Big Joe needs a lawyer. Maybe the same guy who got russ for throwing the fone.

I wonder how Asotasi and Kidwell feel with their fellow kiwi being shiat on like that. Surely theres some disharmony.

Somebody is going to get a serious bargain - if there playing him in QLD, sounds like they'll take any offer.

Clubs might pay 100,000 and souths top its up.

So let me get this straight:

Souths won't promote Joe into FG, even though he is slaying them in PL and is better than what we have in FG. Clearly, Souths don't want to have their best team on the field, and are even prepared to cost themselves premiership points (how many games have they lost by 6 or less), just so they can get $350k off their salary cap in 2008.

Laughable.

I would be disgusted if we lost someone like Pettybourne to another club because Joe Galuvao was standing in his way. At the end of the day guys, it is just another non performing footballer being dropped down a grade. No one says anything when the Storm ship someone off to a QLD cup feeder club and as has been mentioned not even an eyebrow was raised when Hannay was shipped off to the Gymea gorillas. Hannay was classed as a has been. Well guess what guys, no matter how nice a guy Joe Galuvao is, he is a has been. If any of you had taken the time to see him come off the bench for the bears recently you would see that as plain as the nose on your face.

Yes we made a mistake paying him $350k but I guarantee we weren't the only club at the time in the mix to sign him. Once again, let me point out that the club was completely different two and three years ago and so was Joe. You want to talk about mistakes, come and talk to me about Brent Tate's performance for the warriors next year or Nate Myles performance for the roosters this year, or Josh Hannay and Brett Seymour. We are not the only club to make a purchasing mistake guys so get over it. Joe is lucky that we have a QLD cup side nowadays otherwise he would be playing for the Waterloo Waratahs

Different kind of Rabbit said:
You want to talk about mistakes, come and talk to me about Brent Tate's performance for the warriors next year

Thanks for that Nostradamus. Wouldnt happen to have next weeks lottery results would you?

Bench
Dog act by Souths,making Joe move states is not essential he could play premier league,even off the bench.
To compare it to Melbourne is as stupid as it is ridiculous,Melbourne have no premier league team,therefore they have to send their players to QLD.Also players know this before they sign,Souths are moving the goal posts to cover for sh1thouse business decissions.

rabbs

Juniors
In the 8 games I have seen Joe play in P/L this year he is not worth half of his payment.All the people complaining about him probably havn't seen him at all this year so how can you comment on his form.Go and watch Norths play and you will see he's not up to the scratch.

Brutus

Referee
Galuvao isn't even good enough for the Easts Tigers.

His last good year was 2003.

Worst buy ever (with the exception of Terry Hill)

Southernsaint said:
Unless you're Joe Galuvao

:lol:

Watch out craig wing! Play like you did at the start of this season and you'll be in queensland quicker than you can say "inflated paycheck"

eagle rock

Juniors
Sounds like a good case in management bullying. Where's the players union in all this.?Workplace thuggery at it's ugliest. :(

Brutus

Referee
I don't feel sorry for Joe at all. If he hangs around he can still take the money. He's only QLD Cup standard these days anyway.

The Hannay Incident From Cronulla & the Steve Irwin Incident From Canberra is far more low than this.

Irwin was Sacked because he was a passenger of a speeding car, Hannay was sacked because he played poorly for like 5 games or so, Galuvao had plenty of time to step up, since then he hasnt played with any enthusiasm what-so-ever, there got to be discipline in clubs, we arent paying him 350K to not be motivated.

We were going to release him at Seasons End Anyway, So The Signing of Roberts has no effect going into next years season.

Brutus

Referee
Southernsaint said:
Care to elaborate??

I can't see a connection between St George Illawarra and the Souths screw job on Galuvao.

Or the Galuvao screw job on Souths.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
eagle rock said:
Sounds like a good case in management bullying. Where's the players union in all this.?Workplace thuggery at it's ugliest. :(

How is this a case of management bullying? His performance isn't up to PL standard so he is being sent to play with one of our other feeder clubs, on the same money mind you. The club have done nothing wrong.