What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths game thread

hitman82

Bench
Inu provided spark but definitely made some muppet errors - around the same amount that Ropati makes funnily enough.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Inu provided spark but definitely made some muppet errors - around the same amount that Ropati makes funnily enough.

There was just the two bad ones, dropping it cold in the play the ball and the bad offload at the beginning of the game. Him at centre is almost worth a try a game from bombs I reckon.

hitman82

Bench
There was just the two bad ones, dropping it cold in the play the ball and the bad offload at the beginning of the game. Him at centre is almost worth a try a game from bombs I reckon.

I do agree here. Inu made GI his bitch all game - was awesome to watch. Inu is one who in my opinion is definitely worth the errors he makes.

...I'm still not convinced about Manu, though. He continues to make shocking unforced errors, and to do things like tapping the ball to the Rabbitohs for one try, and nearly again for a second.

Henry had a great game, though he never actually passed to his winger. I am not sure he can pass to his right very well. He seems much more comfortable playing inside.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
When you're not a natural centre the sideline can play funny tricks on you. I'd say he's just not confident to give it to the outside because of the lack of space, even if it is the best opportunity.

I like Henry, but still not sold on him as a centre. Wouldn't be too disappointed if Henry played from the bench instead of Ta'ai with Hurrell playing centre, even if it's for just 50-60 minutes.

MKEB...

Staff member
I do agree here. Inu made GI his bitch all game - was awesome to watch. Inu is one who in my opinion is definitely worth the errors he makes.

...I'm still not convinced about Manu, though. He continues to make shocking unforced errors, and to do things like tapping the ball to the Rabbitohs for one try, and nearly again for a second.

Henry had a great game, though he never actually passed to his winger. I am not sure he can pass to his right very well. He seems much more comfortable playing inside.

I honestly thought Henry kept G I inder wraps all game

Drzoidberg

Juniors

And coming in to tackle Taylor who wasn't going nowhere, then offloaded before Manu got there to everingham who ran around and scored near the posts.

If Manu stayed on his man no try.

Brando

Juniors
Great to hear Johnson chatting. I loved it when the mike picked him up saying "listen to me listen to me and if I stop talking, get up me" and didn't he mesmarise the Souths defence on Inu's try. Why don't they play like that EVERY game?

Micistm

Bench
Merry Xmas everyone ;-)

Much, MUCH better, you could tell even after 2min this was a diff team...just much more desire n fire.

Lol, my sis sent me a txt from the coast...last years turning point was when Jro limped off then she reckons...!
Good game, entertaining, well done Inu- he surely must have cemented a spot now (esp if Jro out). Manu's errors are still a bit of a worry though

Blair

Coach
It's obvious Ropati reads this forum. He came out swinging today. Such an exciting player when he accelerates off the mark. A little silly at times in defence though.

I'm now going around town big noting that the Warriors will end Melbourne's winning streak on Anzac Day, a prospect which is never out of the question.

Where do they usually hide Inu over there in Auckland? Wish we could see more of him.

Still deeply concerned about Vatuvai and agree with sentiments on this forum (and off it) in regard to his errors. Although, it was impressive how he ran down the Souths player who fielded his loose bat-back. Didn't stop a try though.

Ps, I'm enjoying this forum and its views/opinions and other general Warriors info. Felt a bit isolated here in Katoomba, NSW last year. There's only one other Warriors fan - Noel from Rotorua - but he's often pre-occupied with poker tourneys and is a little too much into rugby union for my liking!

MKEB...

Staff member
Welcome Blair, Ropati as a fullback really charges into the line and it is quite invigourating to see.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re Manu, I don't think you can blame him for the break off the bat-backs it's obviously a rehearsed play and it's the job of the players around him to be waiting for the ball to come back. The error off the Ropati break wasn't really his fault either, he got the ball with no space and was on a hiding to nothing to stay infield.
His defensive positioning is still suss though.

vvvrulz

Coach
Welcome Blair, Ropati as a fullback really charges into the line and it is quite invigourating to see.

That was good to see, he is no Kevin Locke but he showed great enthusiasm and got the ball rolling. Pity about the injury.

blain

Juniors
Yeah Ropo was pretty good, thought he was out of position for 1 or 2 of the tries and that kick return where he ran sideways chronically lol. I tried not to get caught up in the bashing this week, though we cant really fully praise until we have a positive record.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I enjoyed another great display of how slow Manu is when he came from behind Johnson and Inu to run down Inglis.

Latest posts