What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths game

slippery5

Juniors
Wow, didn't realise F. Molo was our reason we lost to the Cows????

If we hadn't gone through this with that "other coach" I'de be even more pissed, but we are use to the continual selection of under performing or should I say mediocre players being selected week in week out.

What message does this send to J. Hunt, Coric, Sullivan even Kerr who has made huge improvement in his running game while being relegated to reggies.

The only positive is,
We have buckleys chance of making 8 let alone game 1 of finals, so DIG your own grave.
I can only imagine what Gould is thinking on this coach's lack of ability to play any type of attacking football because he's idea of getting your defence right first ISN'T WORKING....

Crush

Coach
For this game I would like to see the following changes.
Lomax dropped to reserve grade, don’t care who replaces him.
Bird dropped to reserve grade, don’t care who replaces him.
Woods dropped to reserve grade, don’t care who replaces him.
McCulloch dropped to 18th man (no point him playing reserve grade)
Mbye played at 14 where he belongs.
Sullivan selected at halfback, Hunt moved to hooker.
If these changes are made I’ll be genuinely excited for the game, if not then I’ll watch home and away re-runs.
1/7
Mbye has been moved to 14

Mitty266

Juniors
The longer Bud isn't playing, the less interested I am in the game. Zero excitement when you expect Macca or Mbye to be feeding Amone and Hunt quality ball, or Amone and Sullivan playing on the back off Hunt
It’s beyond a f***ing joke now. So over swiping through team lists hoping to see bud get a start. Every week the same old let down feeling.

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s beyond a f***ing joke now. So over swiping through team lists hoping to see bud get a start. Every week the same old let down feeling.
Mitty, our suffering will continue infinitum if this coach remains on the clubs payroll. Frustration abounds every week when the team list comes out. What does it bloody take for this imposter to realise that his selections are just not good enough? They might give a good sight for half a game but then it becomes ugly. The Bunnies score first and that's the end of us.

Time to put aside his love of the players he has brought to the club and bring back the ones that need more experience in first grade. Win, lose or draw it doesn't matter, provided these young guns get plenty of game time in firsts and the plodders stay well away from firsts. At least give it a try for say 5 games.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Well after last week I was expecting to see at least one of Bird, Lawrie or Lomax dropped. All get a walk up start and what message does that send to them? Play like shit week in and week out and you'll still get selected.

Molo's off load in the first set against the cows last week was one of his only poor moments of the season so far where as the above three seem to make multiple basic errors every week.

Here I was thinking Hook might wisen up this week but looks like he continues to dig his own grave.

be55

Juniors
Here I was thinking Hook might wisen up this week but looks like he continues to dig his own grave.
WOW...even one of Hook's biggest supporters looks like he may be turning to the dark side 😉

seth meyers GIF

dragon thomo

Juniors
McCullock out
Woods out
Sullivan to hooker
J Hunt to bench
I would also like Mullheison ( sorry for spelling) to hooker Sullivan to bench and Mbye out by I don't think neither will hapen.
Griffen has lost me.Hopefully he will also go this year

justadragon

Bench
what will annoy me the most is that we will get to see a young half playing for the bunnies that has been there all year because the coach believes in him and here we are with ours not even getting a start in the 17, and whats worse is Sullivan used to give the bunnies young fella a trouncing. Im sick of him being in and out of the side and moreso playing 14, 9, or whatever. He is a 7 end of story put him there and lets get on with it. What a total F@#K up this is.

blacksafake

First Grade
what will annoy me the most is that we will get to see a young half playing for the bunnies that has been there all year because the coach believes in him and here we are with ours not even getting a start in the 17, and whats worse is Sullivan used to give the bunnies young fella a trouncing. Im sick of him being in and out of the side and moreso playing 14, 9, or whatever. He is a 7 end of story put him there and lets get on with it. What a total F@#K up this is.
Do think their young half would be there if Reynolds was still there?
At the moment Hunt is our best half.
Sullivan will get his shot in due course.
Our problems are a 9 & some big mobile forwards.

justadragon

Bench
Do think their young half would be there if Reynolds was still there?
At the moment Hunt is our best half.
Sullivan will get his shot in due course.
Our problems are a 9 & some big mobile forwards.
I can see your point, but I think the bunnies were happy to let Reynolds go because of what they had coming and so didnt want to negotiate with Reynolds. Also I dont see Hunt being our best half I see him being our best Hooker, but you are right we do need big mobile forwards and putting JDB there I also think diminishes the lock role he plays with ball distribution.

Old Timer

Coach
I can see your point, but I think the bunnies were happy to let Reynolds go because of what they had coming and so didnt want to negotiate with Reynolds. Also I dont see Hunt being our best half I see him being our best Hooker, but you are right we do need big mobile forwards and putting JDB there I also think diminishes the lock role he plays with ball distribution.
His ball distribution ability is severely overrated and grossly underwhelming
He is now in his correct position at prop.

justadragon

Bench
His ball distribution ability is severely overrated and grossly underwhelming
He is now in his correct position at prop.
wow big call OT and of course you are entitled to it, but I have always thought we looked better in attack when JDB was distributing the ball. I know one thing we missed him when he was out for those years and I dont think we have a better ball distributing forward.

Smacka

Juniors
wow big call OT and of course you are entitled to it, but I have always thought we looked better in attack when JDB was distributing the ball. I know one thing we missed him when he was out for those years and I dont think we have a better ball distributing forward.
Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't had a ball distributing forward since C.Young. The game has changed - all you get is "get up & go men" who eat up the metres to satisfy stats requirements. I laugh when I hear the enlightened Commentators nowadays praising the efforts of a forward who has had 11 runs & gained 110 metres - WOW , HERCULIAN. When you consider the defence is back 10 metres all they have achieved is reaching the defensive line , no line breaks , no pass to initiate further attack & it equates to a run every 7 or 8 minutes. I can see these Boffins really are earning their money.
Young , Reddy & Co used to handle the ball 2 or 3 times in a set , take the punsihment & dish out some of their own. Get 'em down to training to teach our Up & Comers how to play.
By the way - in relation to defence - the Coach who has the balls to shorten the front line & play his lock & half as a second line will win the Comp by a street. Imagine Ben Hunt not doing a forward's work , he would be fresher to organise our attack & Sloan could have a run at fullback because he would not be expected to be the sole voice sorting out our defensive structure from the back.

redVinme

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't had a ball distributing forward since C.Young. The game has changed - all you get is "get up & go men" who eat up the metres to satisfy stats requirements. I laugh when I hear the enlightened Commentators nowadays praising the efforts of a forward who has had 11 runs & gained 110 metres - WOW , HERCULIAN. When you consider the defence is back 10 metres all they have achieved is reaching the defensive line , no line breaks , no pass to initiate further attack & it equates to a run every 7 or 8 minutes. I can see these Boffins really are earning their money.
Young , Reddy & Co used to handle the ball 2 or 3 times in a set , take the punsihment & dish out some of their own. Get 'em down to training to teach our Up & Comers how to play.
By the way - in relation to defence - the Coach who has the balls to shorten the front line & play his lock & half as a second line will win the Comp by a street. Imagine Ben Hunt not doing a forward's work , he would be fresher to organise our attack & Sloan could have a run at fullback because he would not be expected to be the sole voice sorting out our defensive structure from the back.
Agreed!

Even 10 years ago playing lock (well what I had to do for the position at least) was always a roving role. You fill in behind make up the numbers and help organise the defence. Minimising all overlaps. In attack always looking for the run after the big prop for easy meters and a quick ptb. Or tipping it on to a rampaging back rower.

On jdb. He can ball play but it only works when we are 9n the front foot. Which Is basically never so it more or less just allowing the defence am extra second to get up....

Latest posts