What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths to start negotiations with Hayne this week

Stagger eel

Staff member
TheParraboy said:
They interviewed Richardson it was either yesterday or the day before

When talk was diverted to Jarryd Hayne, he said he will be doing everything in his power to entice him to Souths, and will start to talk to Haynes manager "tomorrow", which is either yesterday or today.

He was pretty keen and serious to sign up Jarryd.

With a familier coach in JT, and some ex eels players already there, widders and smith, I must admit , it doesnt look good :(

The way I see it, Souths would have to stuff up big time not to sign him.

Its probably an understatement, but it would be a huge relief to parra fans if we signed jarryd for a few years beyond 08

you can rest assured that if we lose Hayne it'll be due to Souths paying overs for him...

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
tbh it's disappointing we didnt sign both Jarryd and Inu up before the deadline.

Maybe there was a good offer on the table for Jarryd and he was waiting.

Or maybe we've been slow off the mark, which would simply not be good enough. Zap would normall do this wouldnt he? Given he has just left, I wonder how long his sharkies job has been in the works and how much we have suffered because of that.

All the talk about being no stone unturned, well I guess we'll find out soon enough, and if we have been slow off the mark, I guess you cant really say there's been no stone unturned, can you? But hey, if there is an offer on the table, and Hayne has held off, theres probably not much you can do tbh.

And if him r Inu leave, make a play for Willie ffs.

they've bben trying to tie both players up since early this year and as i said above your post, Zap already kicked off proceedings with Hayne and Fitzy's virtually taking over while Zap's succesor, Andrew Hill finds his feet in Zaps role.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
you can rest assured that if we lose Hayne it'll be due to Souths paying overs for him...

tbh, I'd pay overs for him. not too much....but he is worth going the extra mile for.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
they've bben trying to tie both players up since early this year and as i said above your post, Zap already kicked off proceedings with Hayne and Fitzy's virtually taking over while Zap's succesor, Andrew Hill finds his feet in Zaps role.

fkn great. :crazy: :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
TheParraboy said:
They interviewed Richardson it was either yesterday or the day before

When talk was diverted to Jarryd Hayne, he said he will be doing everything in his power to entice him to Souths, and will start to talk to Haynes manager "tomorrow", which is either yesterday or today.

He was pretty keen and serious to sign up Jarryd.

With a familier coach in JT, and some ex eels players already there, widders and smith, I must admit , it doesnt look good :(

The way I see it, Souths would have to stuff up big time not to sign him.

Its probably an understatement, but it would be a huge relief to parra fans if we signed jarryd for a few years beyond 08

I saw that interview

he said he wanted to sign marquee players like Jarryd Hayne

I got the impression he was using Jarryd as an example

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
tbh, I'd pay overs for him. not too much....but he is worth going the extra mile for.

yeah, I guess it depends what you mean by extra mile, are you talking 5K or 50K a season, either way both boys won't be cheap and if we sign them both you can rest assured that we'll lose a few to cater for them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
fkn great. :crazy: :lol:

well, Fitzy's an old pro at it, who else arranged for the 8 players to meet at the club at the same time and put pen to paper by the end of the meeting in 1995.

he's a pretty shrewd operator ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
surely there should be some value put on loyalty, we brought these kids up through the grades ffs

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm with Pete, que sera sera.

We lose him, we lose him. Reddy will come in and someone in the lower grades will come up.

Jarryd is a very good player but he's not a dominant fb like bowen or stewart and he's not a dominating half. Actually, I'm more excited about Johns working with Timmy.

We'll probably end up buying him back when he's got more runs on the board.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
I'm with Pete, que sera sera.

We lose him, we lose him. Reddy will come in and someone in the lower grades will come up.

Jarryd is a very good player but he's not a dominant fb like bowen or stewart and he's not a dominating half. Actually, I'm more excited about Johns working with Timmy.

We'll probably end up buying him back when he's got more runs on the board.

in all due respect of reddy who's a capable firstgrader i can't see him being the guy to replace Hayne if we lose him, i dare say we'll replace him with someone close to or of equal ability, after all we would be saving 300K + ;-)

Hayne would be a huge loss. Hayne and Inu are players that only come along every 20 or so years They are special type of players, rare talent that just have IT.

booeycollector

Juniors
Personally I think Hayne to Souths is as good as done. My concern is us holding on to Inu. I have a bad feeling we will lose both which will hurt.

Hutchy86

Juniors
I don't know enough about the procedures, current situation and what-not to make any sort of judgement.. but I do believe that money will be the primary catalyst for his eventual decision. The kid is young and one of the most exciting footballers in the NRL... who can blame him for jumping ship? I'd hate to see him leave... I love watching him play - but at the end of the day we can only do so much.
South Sydney "Much Ado About Nothing" Rabbitohs can continue to buy their success, whilst we continue to bring young talent up through the ranks. We will see another Hayne or Inu come through... I have no doubt in my mind.

Bigfella

Coach
The fact is money will be the dominant factor in about 98% of player decisions.

Which means if worst comes to worst and we lose one or both - we will always be achance of buying someone pretty good to take their place.

We'll go hard. It will come down to money.

Not much more we can do.

Hoepfully we'll buy a top class prop if we lose Hayne. That would have been more likely to win us the comp this year ...

I hope they both stay, but you can only do so much.

Weaker teams with more money will always be a chance of pinching your young talent. That's life under the salary cap.

booeycollector said:
Personally I think Hayne to Souths is as good as done. My concern is us holding on to Inu. I have a bad feeling we will lose both which will hurt.

Parramatta will throw everything bar the kitchen sink at Krisnan Inu to Secure his place at the Eels, I cant see Inu Leaving tbh, if both leave, then what was the best backline in the comp, it would turn out to be a fairly average one, Inu should Re-Sign.

Gronk

Staff member
Players like INU & Hayne don't win you comps. Great halves and a pack that can get a roll on do. If you've got some cash left over then you can splash it about in the backs.

Bigfella

Coach
Parramatta will throw everything bar the kitchen sink at Krisnan Inu to Secure his place at the Eels, I cant see Inu Leaving tbh, if both leave, then what was the best backline in the comp, it would turn out to be a fairly average one, Inu should Re-Sign.

tbh, we don't care about your theories