What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths to start negotiations with Hayne this week

parramaniac2516

Juniors
TBH we need to keep both of them. I hope to god Hayne and Inu stay and its annoying we develop these awesome Juniors and before we have a chance to get results from them somebody like Souths, Roosters or Manly come and buy them.

fredericko

Juniors
I thought the whole reason brhind our lack of recruitment in the payer market was to ensure we keep the junior players we have been bringing through the ranks. now as soon as these players are starting to produce we look like losing them. Honestly what are we doing?

eel01s

Bench
What annoys me is talk of Souths using third party money to top up contracts to players like Hayne. While I understand it is within the rules, can anyone enlighten me whether Parra can or do have third party top ups for any of its players?

If not, then management better start working harder in this area, because it is an advantage that sides like Brisbane and Souths will enjoy.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
booeycollector said:
Personally I think Hayne to Souths is as good as done. My concern is us holding on to Inu. I have a bad feeling we will lose both which will hurt.

How do you think we'll end up losing both? We have plenty of money, if we lose one then the other will definitely say. I know I'm usually the glass half empty type, but somehow I just don't see us losing either of them. We just don't seem to lose players like this if we actually want to keep them and they are in first grade.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Marsh might have been the sacrifice to football gods. Hopefully they now bless us with Hayne signing with us.

Daneel

Bench
parra pete said:
Dont panic 1985 Melbourne Cup winner. Do you think the Eels will give up without a whimper?
No way...name the last bloke who left the Club they wanted to keep???

Forgive me if im wrong pete, i was only 10 but i thought What a Nuicance won the 85 Melbourne Cup

parra pete

Referee
Daneel said:
Forgive me if im wrong pete, i was only 10 but i thought What a Nuicance won the 85 Melbourne Cup

:lol: TheParraboy=1985 Melbourne Cup winner...That's how we on the Bye Bye thread sledge him. :lol:

Doiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
parra pete said:
:lol: TheParraboy=1985 Melbourne Cup winner...That's how we on the Bye Bye thread sledge him. :lol:

Doiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!!!!!
And what a nuisance he is :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Especially for us people out here in the bush.. The drought is hitting hard. What politician is going to announce the building of a new dam - KevenO7 or Little Johnny..

parra pete

Referee
TheParraboy said:
you blokes cant handle the heat :cool:

"Coming around Chiquita Lodge and Hyland has gone for the whip on What a Nuisance. Has he gone to early, but he is starting a long run from the back of the field....":lol: :lol:

stuke

Bench
eelavation said:
in all due respect of reddy who's a capable firstgrader i can't see him being the guy to replace Hayne if we lose him, i dare say we'll replace him with someone close to or of equal ability, after all we would be saving 300K + ;-)

Israel ?!?! :shock:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
parra pete said:
"Coming around Chiquita Lodge and Hyland has gone for the whip on What a Nuisance. Has he gone to early, but he is starting a long run from the back of the field....":lol: :lol:
:lol:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Twizzle said:
surely there should be some value put on loyalty, we brought these kids up through the grades ffs
100% correct, the thing that sh*ts me the most is these young kids want everything right now not even f**king 20 yrs of age, when realistically touch wood and they have minimal injuries their going to be millionaires anyway. I love Hayne as a player but i just can't help thinking he is a smug little prick and thumbs his nose at everyone, though Inu appears more humble, bottom line is if Hayne or Inu want to go piss off, and best of luck, I am over all this bullsh*t about who will sign and who won't, these people don't know how lucky they are.:x

big boppa eel

Juniors
booeycollector said:
Personally I think Hayne to Souths is as good as done. My concern is us holding on to Inu. I have a bad feeling we will lose both which will hurt.
Mate that's the thing though if they have it in their head they are leaving for some reason or another, no matter what you offer them it will never be enough, maybe Hayne want's to make his journey man father proud, if that's the case though why is his last name Hayne and not Thompson, I'm confused.:?

big boppa eel

Juniors
Hutchy86 said:
I don't know enough about the procedures, current situation and what-not to make any sort of judgement.. but I do believe that money will be the primary catalyst for his eventual decision. The kid is young and one of the most exciting footballers in the NRL... who can blame him for jumping ship? I'd hate to see him leave... I love watching him play - but at the end of the day we can only do so much.
South Sydney "Much Ado About Nothing" Rabbitohs can continue to buy their success, whilst we continue to bring young talent up through the ranks. We will see another Hayne or Inu come through... I have no doubt in my mind.
Mate I can blame him, the kids not signing the last contract of his career and needs to set up his wife and kids which he doesn't have, yes he may want to help his mum etc, though I really do believe Parra would not be offering him unders?