What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs dragons

souths_pride

Juniors
Souths must win tonight. I don't think Saints are the team that should be leading the comp, anymore than the Knights should have when they won four out of four at the beginning of the comp.
Sure we have guys with injuries and players like GI must really be feeling the strain of some hard games where he's been shunted around the back line but the really need to win tonight.

The Dragons are where they are due to making themselves hard to beat - i.e. by being well organised defensively to compensate for their lack of talent. The good thing about them is that they're not a team that can slam 40-50 points on us, which means its going to be up to us to beat them; if we lose it will be because we've beaten ourselves. I feel that this sort of scenario is ideal for getting some confidence back.

souths_pride

Juniors
I bet Peats is wishing he only had this year to go on his Eel's contract.

He comes off at the end of 2016; unfortunately for him.It wouldn't hurt though for Sths to suss out whether the Eels would consider his release.Wishful thinking,I guess.

I've always rated Peats highly & I don't believe he was treated fairly[as a Jnr] by Sths.

I can't see the Eels though releasing a player who is arguably their best at present.

It looks like McInnes is going to get his opportunity as a starting hooker.

For a young player with basically only minutes of experience in 1st grade he has generated heaps of interest from rival clubs.I must admit I was surprised that he had already signed with Saints.

I'll be extremely glad if he backflips on his contract with them!

I rated Peats very highly as well but he was let go because of a lack of first grade opportunities. I can understand him wanting to play first grade. In saying that, I liked having him in the match day squad and I think those times in which we played two hookers on the field at the same time asked a lot of questions of opposition defences - on the one hand you've got the powerful dummy half runs of Isaac Luke and on the other you've got the Cameron Smith-like control of Nathan Peats. Overall though, I have no regrets about letting him go. Cameron McInnes will get his chance next year and deservedly so - he looks an outstanding prospect!

hurricane57

Juniors
I rated Peats very highly as well but he was let go because of a lack of first grade opportunities. I can understand him wanting to play first grade. In saying that, I liked having him in the match day squad and I think those times in which we played two hookers on the field at the same time asked a lot of questions of opposition defences - on the one hand you've got the powerful dummy half runs of Isaac Luke and on the other you've got the Cameron Smith-like control of Nathan Peats. Overall though, I have no regrets about letting him go. Cameron McInnes will get his chance next year and deservedly so - he looks an outstanding prospect!

Just watched Cam McInnes's first half and I was praying for Isaac after the first twenty minutes.
I'm sorry, I just don't see it with McInnes.

hurricane57

Juniors
Based on what essentially? The Dragons position on the ladder is represented by their current form.

Most Dragons fans including myself didn't expect to see the team where it is but credit where credit is due.

Mind you, Your mob will be up for a big one. Should be a cracker.

Now don't go getting your tits in a tangle there - Saints are a good side, for sure. I just don't think they are the best team in the comp (Souths certainly are not, nor are they playing like they are) I think Saints just need one more big strong front/second rower.

Anyway, Saints are leading (deservedly) at half time with Souths looking very one dimensional - Keary looks lost at half back specially in defense.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Come on forwards. Ben Lowe was our best forward in that half.

HAVE A GO OTHER FORWARDS LIKE BEN LOWE.

Gray shouldn't have let that try in near half time, disappointing.

Keary's defence is a worry and Goodwin's positional play at centre.

doyen

Bench
We are giving St George too many metres!!!!!!!!!!

In the end I think Keary's harassing of the opposition in defence won the game for us!!

For a lightweight he does well.

Great win tonight --defence exceptional!

Lowe v/good--he even passed the pill!!!!!

Poor old Sutto--he now has a glass eye to match his glass jaw.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
In the end I think Keary's harassing of the opposition in defence won the game for us!!

For a lightweight he does well.

Great win tonight --defence exceptional!

Lowe v/good--he even passed the pill!!!!!

Poor old Sutto--he now has a glass eye to match his glass jaw.

Suspected detached retina for Sutto.

hurricane57

Juniors
Suspected detached retina for Sutto.

Can you fix a detached retina....how long will it take cos he looked good whilst out there.

Keary and Souths defense improved as the game wore on.

Lowe played well but found another way to get penalized in the play the ball area.

I saw Tim grant make two tackles when he played for Penrith and he got penalized twice, he got penalized in the play the ball area for hanging on to long again tonight - tell; me, does Grant only get to play five minutes each half.

Once again Luke gave direction to an attack that was a little lost. What will we do next year.,:oops::oops:

southsport

First Grade
Can you fix a detached retina....how long will it take cos he looked good whilst out there.

Keary and Souths defense improved as the game wore on.

Lowe played well but found another way to get penalized in the play the ball area.

I saw Tim grant make two tackles when he played for Penrith and he got penalized twice, he got penalized in the play the ball area for hanging on to long again tonight - tell; me, does Grant only get to play five minutes each half.

Once again Luke gave direction to an attack that was a little lost. What will we do next year.,:oops::oops:

We'll be alright next year.

Aaron Gray went well, two good tries and ran over Nightingale for one of them.

I hope Sutto is OK, sounds serious.

hurricane57

Juniors
We'll be alright next year.

Aaron Gray went well, two good tries and ran over Nightingale for one of them.

I hope Sutto is OK, sounds serious.

Yep Aaron Grey, another good winger. He aint gunna play dummy half and take the ball up into the forward defense tho is he. So whop can we replace Luke with Southie old chap, you seem to have your finger on the pulse, as it where.

I seem to think that a retina can get fixed quite quickly, think we talked about it at golf.

souths_pride

Juniors
Tim Grant is seriously awful

I'm not sure where all this hate for Tim Grant is coming from. Sure he hasn't been at his best this season but I thought tonight was one of his better games. Just checked his stats and he made 122m from his 14 carries of the footy. In my view he did a lot of the grunt work up front. In saying that, I thought the player that real made a huge impact was Grevsmuhl! I think we need to resign this kid at all costs because he is class! His runs always penetrated and got St George on the back foot and his run + quick play the ball that lead to Gray's try was brilliant!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hurri you need to chill about Issac leaving McInnes will continue to improve and will grow into Issacs role it might take a couple months even a couple years but I have faith.

Also idk where the Grant hate is coming from either hes a solid prop thats what we're getting hes no Burgess but he does a lot of work like Pride said hes got some good metres.

Liking Gray on the wing tbh always saw him as more of a winger he has great strength decent speed and is good under the high ball.

hurricane57

Juniors
I'm not sure where all this hate for Tim Grant is coming from. Sure he hasn't been at his best this season but I thought tonight was one of his better games. Just checked his stats and he made 122m from his 14 carries of the footy. In my view he did a lot of the grunt work up front. In saying that, I thought the player that real made a huge impact was Grevsmuhl! I think we need to resign this kid at all costs because he is class! His runs always penetrated and got St George on the back foot and his run + quick play the ball that lead to Gray's try was brilliant!

Fine, agree about Grevo, great footballer with a big future, reminds me of Teo, you beauty sign him up.

How much time did Grant stay on the field for, do you know. As for doing the grunt work - that's what he's paid for, nothing else unless.....does he sing or arrrm dance.

lafai

Bench
Guys what did you think of GI's performance. Drags almost scored like twice because of him taking his time getting the ball over the touch in goal line

hurricane57

Juniors
Guys what did you think of GI's performance. Drags almost scored like twice because of him taking his time getting the ball over the touch in goal line

I thought Inglis had a great game. I thought the two incidents to which you refer were played masterfully by GI, he waited and waited till he was forced to kick the ball dead.

I hate seeing Gi taking the ball up from a dummy half pass which sends him into the teeth of the forward defense, its like yoking a thorough bred to a dray - its not what GI is meant for.

In the last couple of games I've seen GI miss some tackles that led to trys or more accurately, arrive to late to stop the try scorer - that has concerned me. Perhaps his role in the game should be looked at more carefully and some reductions in responsibility's made like, dumming to him so your making him the the ball 'foil' not the ball receiver etc. so he's not getting smashed by three to four big forwards all the time.

It seems to me that oppositions that feared GI have now fashioned effective methods of blunting his attack.

Still my favourite player followed by Isaac Luke.