What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward (early release)

saint.nick

Coach
I'm sure that the players do get along quite well, but they are not playing like they know each other.

well it all depends if you're talking about camaraderie culture or just a culture of professionalism, something teams like souths and melbourne both have. They are not playing like they know each other because they have no game plan, and Price's match preparation is crap. If they had a decent coach they would look like they know each other on the field.

possm

Coach
well it all depends if you're talking about camaraderie culture or just a culture of professionalism, something teams like souths and melbourne both have. They are not playing like they know each other because they have no game plan, and Price's match preparation is crap. If they had a decent coach they would look like they know each other on the field.

If we mere plebs can see this why can't Doust and the Board members see this?

Last edited:

Changaman

Juniors
Yeah, I think you got it right there. I think there is an uncertainty in the team. there is the issue of many players unsigned for next year, in fact who will keep their jobs in the centres, halves and forwards, with Beale to return from injury along with Kyle Stanley. The possibility of Dugan staying. Then theres Whidop coming, Drinkwater, Quinlan,Runciman, Cummings comng through the ranks, Joel Thompson next year.
And Steve Price doesn't seem to be able to get his exsisting squad motivated to play with any conviction.

BennyV

Referee
Yes the siege mentality currently being portrayed at our Club, is just a aberration conjured up by a couple of scoundrels on here. Everything is peaches and cream at the Dragons. A tweak or two by Coach Price and the days of milk and honey will return in abundance. :?

What you're alluding to is poor player performance, players not trusting the game plan, even (dare I say it) a poor coaching effort...none of which reflect the culture within the club.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
reports now that Jamie soward did not train with the team this morning.
he was giving time off to determine his future at the club and to clear his head.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
WTF? Doust not showing Price support? Didn't he just extend his contract a few weeks ago? If that is not showing support what is? Why would he offer an extended contract to a coach he would not support?

There is probably a handful of people that think Price is the man and they are all on this forum....

Joey_dragons

Juniors
now another update on Illawarra mercury that soward might have played his last game in the red v. possible exit as of today

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Interested to see if it is more to do with him walking out or him getting the boot. I would not be suprised if he walked out.

ghostface

Juniors
Steve Price gets criticized for not making tough decisions now he seems to be behind the sacking of one of the key figures in our 2010 premiership and it already seems that his detractors are sharpening their knives.

Old_Timer

Juniors
What you're alluding to is poor player performance, players not trusting the game plan, even (dare I say it) a poor coaching effort...none of which reflect the culture within the club.

One hundred percent correct there Benny. Now I am just about to call my therapist for an appointment. I could arrange a complementary visit for you also? :D

Last edited:

Changaman

Juniors
WTF? Doust not showing Price support? Didn't he just extend his contract a few weeks ago? If that is not showing support what is? Why would he offer an extended contract to a coach he would not support?

There is probably a handful of people that think Price is the man and they are all on this forum....
You don't sack a coach unless you have a replacement. Peter Doust would know this, and by resigning Price, he makes sure he has A coach there. Doust can pay out Price and bring in a new coach anytime he likes. Let's face it, I don't think Price is on a huge payment. So resigning doesn't show support, it's just business.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Steve Price gets criticized for not making tough decisions now he seems to be behind the sacking of one of the key figures in our 2010 premiership and it already seems that his detractors are sharpening their knives.

That should be unless he is pushed into a corner, which he has and hence needing to find a scapegoat. All a bit of a smokescreen to divert attention from the real issue.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
Code:
If soward leaves now we will turn to crap, leave him there to prove his worth for the rest of the season, drop rein and have a king, fein rotation for a while. Blood Drinkwater at half. When Rein cuts the crap out of his game get him back in and if drink water is going well enough. Fein misses out.
Spot on. We will see tomorrow if it comes to been.

TheRev

Coach
No doubt there are a lot of people who have the shits no matter what happens.. but for me this was a decision that should have happened late last year or early this year, again hes created a situation where he has to drop someone in late season when were in a lot of trouble.

In anycase, im sure some very harsh words were said after the game, Sowie might have forced Prices hand.

Mr Red

First Grade

where have you been the last 3 years?
this issue between Soward and Price has been ongoing since 2011 when Price was still running the water bottle..
its a disgrace that is has been left to fester for nearly 3 years and an even bigger disgrace if the end result is Soward being shown the door mid season whilst our "coach" is left to continue to run the club into the ground...both need to go IMO. imagine how the rest of the players will feel if Soward is turfed and be made look like a scapegoat for the rubbish efforts of the last 18 months.

bottle

Coach
where have you been the last 3 years?
this issue between Soward and Price has been ongoing since 2011 when Price was still running the water bottle..
its a disgrace that is has been left to fester for nearly 3 years and an even bigger disgrace if the end result is Soward being shown the door mid season whilst our "coach" is left to continue to run the club into the ground...both need to go IMO. imagine how the rest of the players will feel if Soward is turfed and be made look like a scapegoat for the rubbish efforts of the last 18 months.
Depends on what you believe. Some would say elated.

Latest posts