What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward (early release)

_Johnsy

Referee
I find amusing, nay hilarious that some on here know what exactly is transpiring at the club relating to morale/support etc. How the f**k would anyone know exactly is going on, apart from a 3rd hand whisper?

They wouldn't

bottle

Coach
I find amusing, nay hilarious that some on here know what exactly is transpiring at the club relating to morale/support etc. How the f**k would anyone know exactly is going on, apart from a 3rd hand whisper?

They wouldn't
I know heaps, cause I read the forums.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

They wouldn't

I agree...but you have to say it makes some different reading doesn't it...now we're commenting on who's maybe going instead of who's maybe coming.... :D

Mr Red

First Grade
Depends on what you believe. Some would say elated.

fair point, i guess time will tell and if Soward is punted and all of a sudden the rest of the team play like super-stars with sweeping attacking backline movements you may be right...
but i am not holding my breath on that one..

Gomarchin

Juniors
Why doesn't Price give himself a couple of days to "clear his head" or think about the way the team has been performing this year. Actually he should maybe take the rest of the year off. Soward is not the problem. Price, Doust and Young are the problem.

And how smart is Gus? Comes out and says Soward is not in their plans for this year which means WE end up paying Soward's salary for the remainder of the year. Great work Price.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
reports now that Jamie soward did not train with the team this morning.
he was giving time off to determine his future at the club and to clear his head.
It's in Fairfax now so that gives it more credibility.

Soward considering early exit from Dragons

June 3, 2013 - 1:49PM
Adam Pengilly

Jamie Soward’s days at St George Illawarra appear numbered after the Dragons granted the maligned five-eighth time off from training to consider his immediate future.
Dragons coach Steve Price spoke to the former NSW Origin pivot after the Red V’s narrow loss to the Bulldogs, before Soward was absent from the side’s field session on Monday morning.
Price fronted reporters after training, but remained tight-lipped on Soward’s future when asked if he would be at the club for the remainder of the season.
‘‘I gave him a couple of days off just to clear his head,’’ Price said. ‘‘I had a discussion with Jamie and we’ll just wait for a couple of days.’’
Soward signed a four-year deal with Penrith from next season after the Dragons didn’t offer the premiership-winning No.6 a deal beyond his current contract.
Dragons team-mates remain in the dark on whether Soward will seek an early release to the Panthers, but halves partner Nathan Fien described Soward’s contribution to St George Illawarra as ‘‘outstanding’’.
‘‘From what I’ve heard he’s just having a think about things that Pricey and him have discussed,’’ Fien said.
‘‘We can’t get distracted by it and we’re not in a position to get distracted by it. I guess it’s business as usual for us and Sowie will take his time and make his decision.
‘‘We’ll hear about it, as you guys will, in due course.’’
The 28-year-old’s last involvement in a Dragons jumper could be the after-the-siren penalty goal which sailed wide of the uprights on Friday night as St George Illawarra staged a late rally to extend the match into golden point.
Soward was peppered with bottles thrown from some unruly Bulldogs fans as he lined up the kick in a match which he also reached the 1000 points milestone in the NRL.
It is not clear who his replacement will be if he does not play against Newcastle on Saturday night.

Looks like he's all but gone.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Heard earlier today that Price has given Soward a few days off this week to ponder his future??? Anyone else heard anything???

hermidale1

Juniors

They wouldn't

This is very true.
Unless you are involved with the Dragons at the training sessions or in the sheds after the games or even in the sheds after training, nobody knows what is being said or what is happening. That includes sponsors who claim to be in the know. It's all Chinese Whispers. And if you are involved with the Dragons and you are on here to stir garbage, then you shouldn't be.

TruSaint

Referee
Marchin... disagree with point 1, but agree with ur second point.
Pricey has had so much time to clear his head, its now empty. He has persisted with a game plan that has consistently fallen short. Sure some of the players need to shoulder some blame, but he is the tactition / coach.

As for Gus.... thats Gus.

jenninga

First Grade
where have you been the last 3 years?
this issue between Soward and Price has been ongoing since 2011 when Price was still running the water bottle..
its a disgrace that is has been left to fester for nearly 3 years and an even bigger disgrace if the end result is Soward being shown the door mid season whilst our "coach" is left to continue to run the club into the ground...both need to go IMO. imagine how the rest of the players will feel if Soward is turfed and be made look like a scapegoat for the rubbish efforts of the last 18 months.[/QUOTE

If reports are true about Soward and Price going back to 2011,then I will defend Price on this.How dare this overpaid sulking twit play like a f#*king wanker for a season and a half because of some words on the field in the heat of the moment.This is a big problem today ,if players don't get their way ,they then sulk.
And because the club don't make him an offer for next year,how dare he sulk and behave like this,his mind is definately not with footy,his goalkicking this season is so poor and suggests this.
Soward is to blame here ,not Price,despite what you think of Price.

TruSaint

Referee
It's in Fairfax now so that gives it more credibility.

Soward considering early exit from Dragons

June 3, 2013 - 1:49PM
Adam Pengilly

Jamie Soward?s days at St George Illawarra appear numbered after the Dragons granted the maligned five-eighth time off from training to consider his immediate future.
Dragons coach Steve Price spoke to the former NSW Origin pivot after the Red V?s narrow loss to the Bulldogs, before Soward was absent from the side?s field session on Monday morning.
Price fronted reporters after training, but remained tight-lipped on Soward?s future when asked if he would be at the club for the remainder of the season.
??I gave him a couple of days off just to clear his head,?? Price said. ??I had a discussion with Jamie and we?ll just wait for a couple of days.??
Soward signed a four-year deal with Penrith from next season after the Dragons didn?t offer the premiership-winning No.6 a deal beyond his current contract.
Dragons team-mates remain in the dark on whether Soward will seek an early release to the Panthers, but halves partner Nathan Fien described Soward?s contribution to St George Illawarra as ??outstanding??.
??From what I?ve heard he?s just having a think about things that Pricey and him have discussed,?? Fien said.
??We can?t get distracted by it and we?re not in a position to get distracted by it. I guess it?s business as usual for us and Sowie will take his time and make his decision.
??We?ll hear about it, as you guys will, in due course.??
The 28-year-old?s last involvement in a Dragons jumper could be the after-the-siren penalty goal which sailed wide of the uprights on Friday night as St George Illawarra staged a late rally to extend the match into golden point.
Soward was peppered with bottles thrown from some unruly Bulldogs fans as he lined up the kick in a match which he also reached the 1000 points milestone in the NRL.
It is not clear who his replacement will be if he does not play against Newcastle on Saturday night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rom-dragons-20130603-2nlbo.html#ixzz2V7qQVFpH

Looks like he's all but gone.

Yep, doubt he will be, back this year.
Thanks for the memories champ.
You did our club proud.

hardbaby

Coach
I'm glad this issue with Doust/Price has come out in the media. Soward is really just the catalyst to the truth. I don't admire Sowie and never have. But he won us the 2010 premiership and if he can help the Board remove Price and Doust that is 3 very good reasons to say "thank you from the bottom of my heart".

Also the advice in the tele to contact the club directly is a good one. I sent a very courteous but confronting email on Saturday. Looking forward to the response.

Mr Red

First Grade
If reports are true about Soward and Price going back to 2011,then I will defend Price on this.How dare this overpaid sulking twit play like a f#*king wanker for a season and a half because of some words on the field in the heat of the moment.This is a big problem today ,if players don't get their way ,they then sulk.
And because the club don't make him an offer for next year,how dare he sulk and behave like this,his mind is definately not with footy,his goalkicking this season is so poor and suggests this.
Soward is to blame here ,not Price,despite what you think of Price.

mate i dont disagree - its not all Prices fault, hence as i stated previously IMO both need to go.

TheRev

Coach
They put it very politically correctly as theyve been doing for ages, but obviously there was a blow up last weekend, and honestly id be disappointed if the players werent filthy with the way the last 2 seasons have gone.

Seems like its with Sowie now, he has to make a call on what he wants to do for the rest of the year, not sure if Pricey has him in the Cutters or not if he does stick around.

Latest posts